Asgardian Armor Bundle (2/21/19)

13»

Comments

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:
    Why does Valkyrie get new hair & make up but Okoye can't get shoes?
    You seen that too huh... 

asisde from that.. I was thinking hey at least she feeds Tho5 but then I came to my senses.. I’d be better off just getting a loonie.. as echoed throughout this post, I don’t mind spending on costumes but let’s make them available later.. not this limited a time thing. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I caved in and bought it.  Figured I can always use the HP and the three covers help as well.  Darn it!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am going to oversimplify this but I believe that costumes are a generational thing and us "older" gamers really don't care for them or need them but "younger" gamers really do.  I think about my daughter and how we differed playing Fallout 3.  I could care less what my character looked like and just wanted to play.  She spent hours making the perfect looking character for her that did nothing for gaming but she liked how the character looks.  It matters to her.

The above post is spot on.  Fortnite knows this as does Overwatch, etc.  Costumes matter to some people and to others (like me) it's a giant shrug of the shoulders.
    You make a really good point about younger gamers. I think they do care more.

Yet, I'm an older gamer and in games like Fallout, or Skyrim, or basically any RPG with a 3rd person view behind the character, appearance matters to me. I could get a piece of gear that is significantly better than the one I'm wearing, but I won't use it because it doesn't 'look as cool' or fit into my view of what my character would be wearing.

But in a match-3 mobile game, I couldn't give two tinykitties.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Kahmon said:
    Also, these bundles, actually any bundle costing real money, should also include comprable CPs for your alliance as buying resources. 1 cp here. 2 for a $35-$40ish bundle, 5 for the $75 costume bundles.
    Called it!
    This was included with the Captaon Marvel Bomber Jacket costume.