Asgardian Armor Bundle (2/21/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

From Scrapper 142 to Asgardian Valkyrie, the all new Asgardian Armor for Valkyrie has arrived! Check out the details below to find out how you can get her battle-ready by recruiting her and donning this new costume.

Asgardian Armor Bundle
  • Starts: 2/21 12pm ET
  • Ends: 2/26 12pm ET
  • Cost: $24.99 USD (Converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • 3x Covers of Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) [One of each ability]
    • 1x Asgardian Armor Costume
    • 2,200 Hero Points

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the single best costume they have released so far. (Obviously my opinion, weirdos.)

I wish it was $5 cheaper and more in line with a $20 HP purchase.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Wish this was bundled in with the VIP renewals like the Deadpool and Doc Ock alt costumes were. Sadly, for the USD to HP ratio, this one is not cost effective.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    JHawkInc said:
    So we're continuing to artificially inflate the price of costumes by bundling them with other things, and ignoring that bit of the original announcement that implied we'd be able to earn them in-game?

Never liked her scrapper outfit, I'd probably grab this for $5. Shame the devs seem more concerned with squeezing every dime from the people who are willing to pay instead of trying to create something desirable that more people would be willing to buy.
    Hey, the Wakanda vault was sort of earning a costume in-game.  If you earned and saved tons of HP. . .

But yeah, costumes are nice in principle and wildly over-monetized, like just about everything else in MPQ.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Stop making these a LIMITED TIME thing and just make a separate costume bundles store. I'd be a lot more open to buying a bundle if it didn't feel like you guys were twisting my arm to buy it instantly...
    If they were smart they would do both.  Buy the bundle now and you get the costume now.  Use it as an incentive to buy the bundle.  Don't want the bundle?  Then it enters the costume store in 6 months where it can be purchased alone for a small reasonable price.

Of course then they would have to give up their goal of being the poster child for everything predatory and wrong about micro transaction games.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,692 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too rich for my blood. Not bad looking, though.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Kishida said:
    Really enjoying earning all these new costumes by "reach[ing] particular achievements in the game."
    They forgot to mention that they are all earnable with the empty wallet achievement...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    So..........a new costume for a player that, literally, NOBODY uses unless required.  And three covers, again, for a player that nobody cares for.  And some HP that would be cheaper if you just bought directly from the store.

Who is making these decisions?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope, no thanks. Man this game is expensive !
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    So..........a new costume for a player that, literally, NOBODY uses unless required.  And three covers, again, for a player that nobody cares for.  And some HP that would be cheaper if you just bought directly from the store.

Hey!

Lots of people use Valkyrie to farm thor covers.

(And actually, she is not useless for 5* transitioners because 5* match damage can proc her black very quickly.)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards

I actually use Valkyrie all the time with my champed GladiaThor. Gets him to him AOE muchhhh faster.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    No thank you. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Valkyrie is also useful with Gritty when you can pick a third. She gives more strike tiles and her passive triggers a lot.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards

I use her in simulator with 5* daredevil and cloak and dagger. Yellow being the strongest color let's c&d throw aoe's out alot as you chase bounties.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    If I was in need of a Logans then I would consider this. It's a few bucks more for a few less Hero Points, but 3x 4* covers make up for it.
    As I have plenty of HP right now, this is an easy pass.

I like the idea of costumes, but they are not worth any real $$$ to me.