3.3 Release

GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
@Brigby any teasers for the 3.3 update? From the few dribs and drabs we've heard here it sounds like this is coming before Ravnica Allegiance. Will there be a blog post or anything coming soon? Are we getting the promised pity timer?!

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby any teasers for the 3.3 update? From the few dribs and drabs we've heard here it sounds like this is coming before Ravnica Allegiance. Will there be a blog post or anything coming soon? Are we getting the promised pity timer?!
    Once there is information available to share, I'll be sure to inform everyone, however I'm afraid at the moment I don't have any news to communicate.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby any teasers for the 3.3 update? From the few dribs and drabs we've heard here it sounds like this is coming before Ravnica Allegiance. Will there be a blog post or anything coming soon? Are we getting the promised pity timer?!
    Once there is information available to share, I'll be sure to inform everyone, however I'm afraid at the moment I don't have any news to communicate.
    Bummer. :/
  • LeafHedger
    LeafHedger Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Is there a timeframe for this release yet? I keep running into the Squee infinite loop bug in events and it’s costing me valuable fights.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby I know you said you'd tell us but I feel I have to ask again. Is there anything you can say about 3.3? Any hint of a timeframe of when we see the next card set?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Heck RNA is probably one of my favorite paper sets in a while since it covers my top two favorite guilds (Orzhov being the first, Azorius being the second) and my top two favorite shards/wedges (Mardu & Esper).
    Also super excited if they decide to continue the exclusive cycles (fingers crossed Ghostdaddy doesn't end up being a **** card).
    So yea... would REALLY appreciate updates in this direction.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

Agreed on the exclusives.

No idea what we'd get for Simic, but I figure either Experiment Kraj, Momir Vig, or the last iteration of Zegara... There's not really an option I don't like in there.

• Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker

Agreed on the exclusives.

No idea what we'd get for Simic, but I figure either Experiment Kraj, Momir Vig, or the last iteration of Zegara... There's not really an option I don't like in there.

The first batch was all from the first Ravnica block, with the notable exception that Tolsimir was made a masterpiece and Chord of Calling was made the exclusive mythic, for... some reason.

So if they match that pattern, we will get Grand Arbiter Augustin IV for the Azorius, Momir Vig for the Simic, Lyzolda Blood Witch for the Rakdos, Teysa Orzhov Scion for the Orzhov, and Ulasht the Hate Seed for the Gruul.  Those were the five legends with one of each color in their mana costs in that original block.  (The two-of-each-color equivalents were Isperia, Kraj, Rakdos, Ghost Council, and Borborygmos, so those are all possibilities as well.)

• OmegaLolrus
    Oof, I'd forgotten about Ulasht the Hate Seed. I mean, I'd love to get all of those, but Ulasht... there was something so disconcertingly interesting about him to me.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby I know you said you'd tell us but I feel I have to ask again. Is there anything you can say about 3.3? Any hint of a timeframe of when we see the next card set?
    While I don't have an exact date available just yet, I can say that the 3.3 update is coming soon and it will be bringing the Ravnica Allegiance card set with it!
    Oh thank God.  I was getting worried that we would never see RNA, seeing as this is literally the first time it has been mentioned in an official post and its been over a month since its paper release.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Brigby said:
    Brigby I know you said you'd tell us but I feel I have to ask again. Is there anything you can say about 3.3? Any hint of a timeframe of when we see the next card set?
    While I don't have an exact date available just yet, I can say that the 3.3 update is coming soon and it will be bringing the Ravnica Allegiance card set with it!

Squeeeeeee!
  • Tilwin90
    Brigby said:
    Awesome! Thank you for the update Brigby. Would be great to get some previews depending on the time and availability naturally :) 
  • Tilwin90
    Brigby said:
    Tilwin90 said:
    Brigby said:
    Awesome! Thank you for the update Brigby. Would be great to get some previews depending on the time and availability naturally :) 
    While I unfortunately can't promise anything at the moment, I'll see what I can do about getting the card set gallery publicized as early as possible.
    Thank you. The intention is really well received and appreciated. 😊
  • LeafHedger
    LeafHedger Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby I appreciate you giving us an idea of what the release will bring, but before new cards, I’m more interested in the many bugs being fixed. Is there a way you guys could release a patch with the bug fixes before the release so we don’t have to wait? I assume since there’s no date set that ‘soon’ means at least a month, and frankly the bugs have been getting so bad lately that I don’t know if I can wait a month for the fixes.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby I appreciate you giving us an idea of what the release will bring, but before new cards, I’m more interested in the many bugs being fixed. Is there a way you guys could release a patch with the bug fixes before the release so we don’t have to wait? I assume since there’s no date set that ‘soon’ means at least a month, and frankly the bugs have been getting so bad lately that I don’t know if I can wait a month for the fixes.
    Oh don't worry. As of this moment, it's anticipated to be within the month. I usually just say 'soon' because the whole development process (for any industry, really) can be unpredictable at times, especially if major bugs/conflicts unexpectedly pop up.

This is why we try to avoid announcing hard dates too far in advanced, unless we know definitively that everything is ironed out and concrete.
  • OmegaLolrus

Everybody's always happy if you say it's in a month and turns out it's a week.

Everybody's always angry if you say it's in a week and turns out it's a month.

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    "... if major bugs/conflicts unexpectedly pop up." 

I wonder what are the major bugs that didn't kick in after release. 
  • Tilwin90
    Brigby said:
    Brigby I appreciate you giving us an idea of what the release will bring, but before new cards, I’m more interested in the many bugs being fixed. Is there a way you guys could release a patch with the bug fixes before the release so we don’t have to wait? I assume since there’s no date set that ‘soon’ means at least a month, and frankly the bugs have been getting so bad lately that I don’t know if I can wait a month for the fixes.
    Oh don't worry. As of this moment, it's anticipated to be within the month. I usually just say 'soon' because the whole development process (for any industry, really) can be unpredictable at times, especially if major bugs/conflicts unexpectedly pop up.

This is why we try to avoid announcing hard dates too far in advanced, unless we know definitively that everything is ironed out and concrete.
    Where in the it industry then do we not have planned releases and deadlines? 🙄 Honestly I know of very many GAMES (touching the gaming industry only here) where releases are clearly planned ahead and a release schedule is made available to the community. 

There are many ways to tackle then the problem of transparency and unexpected problems appearing down the road, but it's not my place to review the team's processes and come up with suggested improvements.

The fact that we still have no updates on mere previews suggests no updates until at least the half of the month.