theHappyDance's MPQ Player Tools & Resource Compilation

Options

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Re: April 17th planned changes to HP.

I have no idea what's actually happening. It looks like the buffs to 3* characters are actually a completely new HP "tier" so I haven't tweaked them at all on my spreadsheet.

For the 2* ones, the next higher tier seems to be close enough (within a couple hundred hit points) so I've preemptively bumped the 2* characters that are affected (as documented in the release notes).

But in all honesty, changes to hit points don't really affect the usefulness of the spreadsheets, right?!
  • Update 4/19/15: Character page didn't save my edits so I corrected them.

I have updated all 2* character HP Lookups on my roster sheet.

I found the ratio of new to old HP stats and rounded any values that were in decimals. So at worst I should be 1 (maybe 2) HP stat off on certain levels if anything. The worst one was Bullseye because everything came down to long decimals.

What Changed
    Bullseye jumped into his own tier.
    Hawkeye, Human Torch jumped into their own tier.
    Wolverine, Bagman, Magneto jumped into their own tier.
    Captain America, Moonstone, Ms. Marvel's tier has completely changed.

There are now 8 HP tiers for 2* characters. I haven't decided on trying to do this for 3* characters just yet as there may be a lot to go through but I will make another post if I do later on.

How to Change Your Sheet
    If you have been using Alaeth's roster sheet then you can go ahead and copy my HP Lookup sheet. I have also updated certain HP levels that are missing from Alaeth's sheet too.

Also do one of the following:
    (a)copy the Character sheet
    (b)copy just the 2* character rows in the Character sheet
    (c) just change the HP tier number of the 2* characters in the Character sheet.

Either of those 3 options will make it so that the new HP tiers match up with the 2* characters on the actual Character sheet which is used in reference by everything else. This is all assuming you haven't made drastic changes to these sheets on your own.

If you haven't been using Alaeth's version of the roster sheet I would imagine the HP Lookup page would still help most of you with values and tiers.

Link to my roster sheet is in my signature.
  • alaeth
    Options
    Great work Kcman! Care to go into more detail on how you calculated the per level offsets? I'm wondering if we can take one of the "known" 3* lookups (such as the third one) and apply the same math to populate the new ones fully

The 3* ones are a lot worse. icon_e_sad.gif

Based on the update (here), and characters that were not changed, there are now 12 distinctly unique HP lookups for 3* characters. fun times!

The majority of the "original" ones stayed, but a bunch of new ones were added... so there's nothing populated except the 166 "max" right now:
    sorting all the 3* by max health I came up with:
    1 - (no chg) The Hood
    2 - (no chg) Loki
    3 - (no chg) Daken, Wolverine
    4 - (new) Storm
    5 - (previously 4) - Iron Fist
    6 - (new) GSBW, Falcon, Torch, Mystique
    7 - (previously 5)- Beast, Blade, Daredevil, Deadpool, DocOc, Kamala, Mag, Psyloke, Punisher, QuickSilver, ScarletWitch, Spidey, Squirrely
    8 - (new) Cyclops
    9 - (new) B.Panther, CapAm, CapMarv, DocDoom, Gamora, IM40, LukeCage
    10 - (previously 7 or 6?) - Thor
    11 - (new) Colossus, Rags, Grocket, Sentry, She-Hulk
    12 - (previously 8) - Hulk

IM Hulkbuster is on my sheet, but I won't be offended if you don't copy it due to issues with the HP lookups now. icon_e_smile.gif

Forgot to mention, I also re-did the 4* that changed. I don't think anything got dropped, but a few HP lookups did shift.
  • Unknown
    Options
    alaeth wrote:
    Great work Kcman! Care to go into more detail on how you calculated the per level offsets? I'm wondering if we can take one of the "known" 3* lookups (such as the third one) and apply the same math to populate the new ones fully

The 3* ones are a lot worse. icon_e_sad.gif

Based on the update (here), and characters that were not changed, there are now 12 distinctly unique HP lookups for 3* characters. fun times!

The majority of the "original" ones stayed, but a bunch of new ones were added... so there's nothing populated except the 166 "max" right now:
    sorting all the 3* by max health I came up with:
    1 - (no chg) The Hood
    2 - (no chg) Loki
    3 - (no chg) Daken, Wolverine
    4 - (new) Storm
    5 - (previously 4) - Iron Fist
    6 - (new) GSBW, Falcon, Torch, Mystique
    7 - (previously 5)- Beast, Blade, Daredevil, Deadpool, DocOc, Kamala, Mag, Psyloke, Punisher, QuickSilver, ScarletWitch, Spidey, Squirrely
    8 - (new) Cyclops
    9 - (new) B.Panther, CapAm, CapMarv, DocDoom, Gamora, IM40, LukeCage
    10 - (previously 7 or 6?) - Thor
    11 - (new) Colossus, Rags, Grocket, Sentry, She-Hulk
    12 - (previously 8) - Hulk

IM Hulkbuster is on my sheet, but I won't be offended if you don't copy it due to issues with the HP lookups now. icon_e_smile.gif

Forgot to mention, I also re-did the 4* that changed. I don't think anything got dropped, but a few HP lookups did shift.

I just found how much the developers increased the old HP stats to make the new HP stats. I basically found the number they used to multiply all the HP levels for an individual tier by comparing the old and new HP stats for maxed levels. My theory of just using a number to multiply HP values was made true when I also looked at pending covers I had in my roster to make sure the new base levels for 2*s followed the same concept with the old base level HP stats. I'm sorry I don't have those specific numbers that I used but I'm sure you can find them now, trust me it is simple. I didn't have as much time to devote to developing new tiers for 3*s as I felt like there will be a lot more now.

I just applied the formula to all the cells in one tier, in the column that I wanted to make the new tier that will be replacing it, and did this one tier at a time. Most numbers came out to decimals so I went through each tier and just manually wrote in the rounded number. That is why you won't see a formula in the cells.

I hope I explained it easily. Every tier has a different number you have to find. There wasn't a universal number. I assume the concept will be the same for 3*s, it's just the complexity of putting everyone into new tiers and manually putting in all those numbers again that puts me off lol. Although I see you did put them all into tiers so that is a good start. Now for the tedious part.
  • alaeth
    Options
    Hmm, I tried a similar approach for the 3* (and to verify my math, tested existing "known" tiers: the first three are unchanged)... except the numbers don't line up at all.

I'll keep playing at it since I hate having a huge gap for the lookups. icon_e_smile.gif

edit, I think my first attempt was just a brain-fart. Using the most basic ratio: A/B = X/Y (solve for X) the numbers seem reasonable.

I've left both the formula, and background cell shaded to indicate the numbers are not "confirmed" in game.
  • Ron30
    Ron30 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've modified one of the spreadsheets to suit my needs and I've kept it up to date with the new characters. I don't use the 'team' tab, so hp lookups, etc aren't all that critical to me. The only thing I'm really concerned with are the corrections to the iso levels/costs. I'd love to have the correct formula for 3* and 4* characters that I can copy in and avoid having to move everything from my modified sheet to a brand new spreadsheet. Any help?

Based on the design of my sheet, I think I'm using a copy of PriceCzech/Csaesar46's spreadsheet, if that makes it easier.

Regardless, thanks for all the hard work guys! icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ISO cost is a hidden/locked sheet (ISO8). It should just be the case of replacing the values for 3* 4*

You can just use http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Iso_costs
    for the values.
  • Ron30
    Ron30 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fantastic...Thank You icon_e_smile.gif
  • evanbernstein
    evanbernstein Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've copied the ISO data for 3* characters from the wiki (http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Iso_costs) and added them to my sheet in the ISO8 tab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing).

alaeth, if you want to copy to yours (since you seem to be the master sheet) that would be great!

(for anyone looking at mine, please note that I have a hardcoded value at the sum of total ISO spent because I didn't want to loose track of how much I had *actually* spent before this change. Which for me was 663k that I would have saved in the new setup.

EDIT: I checked against what the game told me for all my characters and it seems to be all correct now after 1-2 fixes. So you might want to copy again if you haven't seen this note.

Also note, this is only for 3*s. I did not do 4* characters yet (since most of the data is missing, and I'm very far from caring about 4* characters)
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In case anyone missed it, I updated the old ISO sheet and have been collecting the data for it. (40-130 was already done for 3*'s, but I've finished it off - 4*'s still need data though) - [Edit: 4*'s are now complete as well so new ISO data is now complete].

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29080

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1324351701

I also changed the totals to auto-calculate, making life easier. If you want to use it in your sheet, select copy to, and select your roster sheet, delete your old ISO table (assuming it's in the same format), and rename the copy to ISO Tables or whatever you've named yours. It's still missing some 4* ISO costs, so if you want to help make it better, feel free to fill in the missing data. Updating the data on your own sheet is also similarly easier now (once you've copied over the sheet), since you can just paste the column with values for each level (F and H, leaving the other columns alone) and just have totals calculated for you.

[Note: for anyone still using my roster sheet, it's been updated there as well, although I still need to overhaul it to pull stats data from wikia instead of tables]

Cheers!
  • alaeth
    Options
    Updated mine (has Vision as well). The new numbers are a tiny bit off...

Checking with a fairly under-leveled character (GSBW):
    Current level: 69
    level max: 140
    in-game ISO to level: 55,256
    spreadsheet ISO to level: 55,465

@evanberstein: looks like your 4* ISO numbers are still the original ones, so I populated mine with Happy's
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    alaeth wrote:
    Updated mine (has Vision as well). The new numbers are a tiny bit off...

Checking with a fairly under-leveled character (GSBW):
    Current level: 69
    level max: 140
    in-game ISO to level: 55,256
    spreadsheet ISO to level: 55,465

@evanberstein: looks like your 4* ISO numbers are still the original ones, so I populated mine with Happy's
    Nobody has added Wilson Fisk yet to the sheet. I would, but I don't know the secrets of the the MPQ roster tracker.
  • alaeth
    Options
    DCUDCU wrote:
    Nobody has added Wilson Fisk yet to the sheet. I would, but I don't know the secrets of the the MPQ roster tracker.

Really? I thought I did...

I do! icon_e_smile.gif

Here's how to add him:

1. Insert a new row in the 'Characters' sheet
    His colors are Yellow, Purple, Black (all Active)
    HP classification is 5 (If you're using my template) - or match the base level HP from the 4* "HP Lookup" sheet
    The rest of the numbers are the "tile match" dmg, highest to lowest:
    Yellow: 3
    Red: 6
    Blue: 5
    Purple: 2
    Green: 5
    Black: 1
    Team-up multiplier: 3.5
    The last cell is just a formula (copy the row above)

2. Insert a new row to the "Roster" sheet.
    Select Kingpin, and the 'Version' will populate.
    Copy the grey cells from the row above (they're all formulas)
  • alaeth
    Options
    A word of caution (tell your team-mates this story) icon_e_sad.gif

My wife had to factory reset her phone, and when she logged back in... it FAILED and synced the wrong way. Her ENTIRE account was over-written.

After constant communication with D3, they are now asking for her roster... but since she didn't maintain the spreadsheet I gave her, we're trying to rebuild it from memory. :-/
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use alaeth's version of the spreadsheet, and I've run into problems when adding Ant-Man. He is the new alphabetically first character, and when I added a row above Ares, all of the formulas still only used the range from Ares row down. Is there a way to add a new row on top that will include it in the range being used for formulas? Or an easy way to change all those formulas en masse? I'm also having issues getting the third column to pull in version for him.
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I added him after Ares. I know that when I type in the name now I have to note that he is out of order, but you only have to do it once, and then it all worked out.

Not elegant, but an easy work around.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DukeUpdate wrote:
    I added him after Ares. I know that when I type in the name now I have to note that he is out of order, but you only have to do it once, and then it all worked out.

Not elegant, but an easy work around.

If you did this and just highlighted the entire area and sorted by Character names, would that work? My page is sorted by star level and then alphabetically so I would have had to add him under Carnage and do this if I did it your way.

If my suggestion does not work or you already screwed up your formula here's what to do:

I actually realized I screwed up the formulas when I added Carnage way back. For anyone who wants to just bite the bullet and do it like I did, these are what you have to fix (I've already gone ahead and successfully added Ant-Man in my roster).

Basically edit any formula that calls upon the Characters tab. So any formula that has "Characters!" in it. It will probably be showing "Characters!$A5" or "Characters!$A$5". Change the 5 back to 4 in all instances because that's where your Characters start from on the Characters tab if you haven't drastically changed your Characters tab from the original (alaeth's format):

First go to named ranges in the data pull-down menu and edit the Characters range. This should enable you to add Ant-Man to your Roster page because the pull down boxes call upon this range.

Go to the stats tab that is locked (make sure you have "show locked tabs" on) and edit the formulas in the first character row. You have to do it for the health stat and each tile stat formula. Each will be showing a different letter in the formula including Characters!$A$5 and Characters!$B$5 (such as K$5 or P$5). DON'T CHANGE THE LETTERS, ONLY THE NUMBER. Just copy down the columns to update the rest of the characters.

Also note that Ant-Man has a completely new HP tree so we need to add another column in the locked HP Lookup tab as well. As of right now, the MPQ wikia doesn't even have the HP for each level of Ant-Man just yet so there's nothing to do here unless you can get the information another way. I went ahead and added a column called 4.5 because I was being lazy for now and added just his level 70 health.
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes it would work.

I sort them differently (I like to have them sorted the same way that they are sorted under "Roster" in-game), but you can certainly sort them the way you suggest.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DukeUpdate wrote:
    Yes it would work.

I sort them differently (I like to have them sorted the same way that they are sorted under "Roster" in-game), but you can certainly sort them the way you suggest.

I do as well on my roster page but on the characters page I just have them in order by stars and then alphabetically.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I use alaeth's version of the spreadsheet, and I've run into problems when adding Ant-Man. He is the new alphabetically first character, and when I added a row above Ares, all of the formulas still only used the range from Ares row down. Is there a way to add a new row on top that will include it in the range being used for formulas? Or an easy way to change all those formulas en masse? I'm also having issues getting the third column to pull in version for him.

In future add two rows under whoever is at the top.
    Add the new character to the first new row, copy Carnage to the 2nd row, delete the old carnage. Formulers should update accordingly.

Carnage
    Row 1 - Antman
    Row 2 - Copy Carnage