theHappyDance's MPQ Player Tools & Resource Compilation

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Much thanks to caesar46, I think I cracked the boost calculation problem...

Take a look (I've setup the 'Team' sheet for the current Deadpool event with my roster - including the +40 level boosts to my characters):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =537197113
  • alaeth wrote:
    Much thanks to caesar46, I think I cracked the boost calculation problem...

Take a look (I've setup the 'Team' sheet for the current Deadpool event with my roster - including the +40 level boosts to my characters):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =537197113

Hi alaeth, I'm glad you liked it and could use it for something.

I took the idea of using classes for the HP calculation from locked's roster spreadsheet. There's a link to it in his signature. But yes, basically when a new character comes along I just compare it to the already available ones. For example Luke Cage has a max HP of 8500 which is the same as Captain America, IM40, R&G, Captain Marvel so I know he is in the same class.

I updated my own sheet in the meantime as well, for example I extended the calculation sheets for HP for level 270 for BoP events and added tile damage information from mischiefmaker's spreadsheet. (there's a link to it in his signature)

What I am usually doing to check the boosted stats is that I simply enter the boosted level as the current level of the character. Of course that only works when the data for that specific level is available in the calculation sheet (for Ares in this case I'd have to fill out the lines for level 134 as he is boosted 40 levels from 94 to 134).

But your idea might be better, to have an extra column for how many levels they are buffed and then simply have it added in the formula to the current level.

Anyway, here's a link to my current version:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
  • alaeth
    I like the idea of one lookup for all characters rather than a separate sheet for each and every single one. I tweaked my Team page once more... didn't like having to do the mental math so now it's a straight "level over-ride" (rather than an offset calculation).

Plus I can justify the time spent on tweaking it as "work related" since I deal with a lot of pivot tables and lookups at work. icon_e_wink.gif
    What I am usually doing to check the boosted stats is that I simply enter the boosted level as the current level of the character. Of course that only works when the data for that specific level is available in the calculation sheet (for Ares in this case I'd have to fill out the lines for level 134 as he is boosted 40 levels from 94 to 134).
    Same thing that I did, but rather than populate the "output" side, I just added an entry for level 134 to the star.pngstar.png Tile Damage page.

(edit) wow, I see now why star.pngicon_juggernaut.png is so popular as the only star.png to keep. Boosted to level 270 he has just shy of 22,000 hits. yeash!
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    I've now merged PriceCzech's aesthetic with caesar46's HP and match damage formulas:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Make a copy, and enjoy!
  • alaeth
    Very Nice Trisul, very clean layout.

I like how you got the Tile damage priority merged into the Characters page. I left the powers there and added a now column to handle that (see my signature).
  • alaeth
    Did patch R69 just mess with our Tile Damage calculations?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22347
    2) Fixed a bug where the match damage of 1*, 2*, and 3* characters were scaling too aggressively when they were past their normal level range.

We noticed an issue that was happening when 1*, 2*, and 3* characters were scaled past their natural level cap (51+ for 1*, 95+ for 2*, 167+ for 3*). Their match damage was scaling far beyond their 4* counterparts. The effect was that in an event such as Balance of Power, 1* and 2* characters were matching for about 2x damage as compared to 4* characters. On top of that 1* and 2* characters that were scaled up in Story events were dealing far too much match damage (one of the worst offenders being Juggernaut).

As a result we've adjusted how characters scale when they're boosted past their natural level range. Their health and ability damage continue to scale up as before, but their match damage now grows at the same rate as a 4* character. The effect being that in Balance of Power, all characters will have roughly the same match damage. Note that this change does not affect minions, only playable characters.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure who all is maintaining various spreadsheets for this stuff but they all seem to inherit the same info that generates the same bugged results. So I'll just post the updated data I've found and let anyone who cares fix their stuff + the Wiki (do I need an account to edit that I'm far too lazy to make yet another account?).

4* ISO-Level data is wrong for the last 4 levels...sure reporting an extra 27 ISO is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things but it bugged me to no end.
    OLD VALUES NEW VALUES
    4068       4065
    4124       4116
    4125       4117
    4125       4117

4* level cap data seems to give the wrong result for 5/3/1 or any permutation (most calculators I've seen give 193 when it should be 192).
    OLD VALUES NEW VALUES
    0              0
    4.2           4.2
    20.5         20.475
    41            40.95
    61.5         61.425
    82            81.9
    65.4         65.4

I'm far less confident the new level cap data doesn't introduce new bugs but so far I haven't noticed any. Let me know if you change to my values and notice a new bug.
  • alaeth
    Ug, Cyclops may be the start of a new trend... a completely different HP range in between existing 3* health ranges.

How did you guys handle it? I inserted his new range in the middle and edited everyone else above him (putting Hulk up to slot #8 since I highly doubt anyone will have more hits than him)
  • alaeth
    alaeth wrote:
    Did patch R69 just mess with our Tile Damage calculations?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22347
    2) Fixed a bug where the match damage of 1*, 2*, and 3* characters were scaling too aggressively when they were past their normal level range.

We noticed an issue that was happening when 1*, 2*, and 3* characters were scaled past their natural level cap (51+ for 1*, 95+ for 2*, 167+ for 3*). Their match damage was scaling far beyond their 4* counterparts. The effect was that in an event such as Balance of Power, 1* and 2* characters were matching for about 2x damage as compared to 4* characters. On top of that 1* and 2* characters that were scaled up in Story events were dealing far too much match damage (one of the worst offenders being Juggernaut).

As a result we've adjusted how characters scale when they're boosted past their natural level range. Their health and ability damage continue to scale up as before, but their match damage now grows at the same rate as a 4* character. The effect being that in Balance of Power, all characters will have roughly the same match damage. Note that this change does not affect minions, only playable characters.

Heads up guys... if you use either my variant you'll find the team-up damage for "boosted" 2* characters is wrong. I actually _just_ noticed this, which is a bummer since I leveled The Hood to what I thought would be even footing with boosted Daken & Ares, except he is now tanking blue, black and yellow :-/

The correct tile match damage numbers for 2* (boosted to level 134) are:
    1	2	3	4	5	6	TU
    68	60	53	12	11	10	35

• I'm interested in obtaining one of these charts for my own use but after reading everyone's posts here, I have no clue which is the most up to date, unbroken (do to game updates or wiki pulls), etc.

I grabbed the roster sheet from the 1st post and it's all written in by some user so I don't know if it has been messed with in any way.

Can someone share with me the sheet that contains the most up to date information to this day? Also, are any of these charts being updated with new characters and stats or is it up to the user to add them?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Did the same thing this week and Alaeth roster sheet is probably the most upto date and usuable, it has everyone up to Kamala and includes Cyke/IF HP additions

You can quickly wipe all the values for covers/levels in the Roster sheet.
    Then change/add to the Team sheet for your own.
    Works pretty well.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I made a simple token/cover tracker for myself. Copy it for yourself if you'd like and track away.

It is not hard to edit for new characters or items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1244402095
  • Well, I'm back for the Tacos. I'll be updating my sheet at some point in the relatively near future, but I've added links to the roster sheet and token tracker you guys have put together during my absence. I haven't yet decided whether or not I'll convert my sheet to the wiki pulls or stick with manual entry. If there's any alternative sheets or other tools you guys would like me to add to the OP, just let me know.
  • Has anyone else encountered a big problem when trying to add a new character? I tried adding Kingpin and the entire Roster sheet became broken just because I added 1 row to the Characters page. All of the columns that are dependent on indexing the Characters page return the error:

FILTER has mismatched range sizes. Expected row count: 65. column count: 1. Actual row count: 66, column count: 1

I haven't changed any formulas and the index part of the formula doesn't even specify 65 rows. From how I see the formula, it is supposed to use all of Columns A and B regardless of how many rows. Like I said, you can replicate this error on the Roster page if you just add 1 row to the Characters page.

I don't know what to do about this. Also, this is the file I copied from alaeth, in case you are using a different file.
  • I haven't looked at that roster sheet at all, however did spend a little time this evening updating mine quick. I'll have my updated version up sometime tonight or tomorrow, for anyone interested. Still using STAT tables instead of the wiki fetch. I might update it later to incorporate that, if it doesn't totally break my formulas.

From my experience, this usually happens when a variable counting the rows gets messed up when you add a row at the end. I would try adding it in the middle, and make sure you're copying another row there. If that doesn't work, try looking for the bugged variable and just manually changing the row count to what it should be.
  • Well after staring at it for an hour and within minutes after posting the problem above, I found the answer.

There are named ranges. You must go to Data > named ranges and edit the two ranges that cover the characters page. Tile Priority and Character. Just expand the last number to the number of rows you are currently at with characters.

I do have a new problem. On the Team page Teams B and C have errors where they should be showing Active or Passive text for each color depending on if the team has powers in those colors. Team A is working fine however. There is a formula being used that must have been user defined so I need to find out where the heck this formula is defined.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Kcman13 wrote:
    Well after staring at it for an hour and within minutes after posting the problem above, I found the answer.

There are named ranges. You must go to Data > named ranges and edit the two ranges that cover the characters page. Tile Priority and Character. Just expand the last number to the number of rows you are currently at with characters.

I do have a new problem. On the Team page Teams B and C have errors where they should be showing Active or Passive text for each color depending on if the team has powers in those colors. Team A is working fine however. There is a formula being used that must have been user defined so I need to find out where the heck this formula is defined.

Are you using Alaeth Rosters sheet?

For the problem above just select one of the cells showing active/passive.
    Copy and paste / extend where you need it. I've had the same problem before and that usually fixes it.
    As for the New Character, as was mentioned, when adding new characters you can add a new row anywhere apart from the end. It will automatically increment whatever counter/formula it uses.
    Add to the end may will not increment the counters.
  • I've updated my sheet with current stats data, although I haven't taken a shot yet at modernizing it with boost data, wiki pulls, or any of the other stuff people came up with this past year while I was gone.
  • So everyone's sheets are going to **** with this new update. All new health and leveling for most characters.
  • alaeth
    Kcman13 wrote:
    So everyone's sheets are going to tinykitty with this new update. All new health and leveling for most characters.

Not hard to update; what's irritating is losing the past history once new formulas are plugged in.
    Slow battle rebuilding the tile strength numbers for +166 (and +94). I was leveling Hulk one battle at a time to get the 200+ damage tiles, but it was just annoying me, so I stopped icon_razz.gif

Luckily this only impacts the "Team" sheet for tile match damage of buffed players.

I'm not sure who's is "best" right now, I did try to eliminate the problems with named ranges and other oddities, so it's simply a matter of inserting a row in both the "Characters" and "Roster" sheets for new toons.

I try to update mine as soon as a new character is visible as a reward, Feel free to simply copy it (from my signature) and delete the populated data on the roster sheet (column D-J and the open cover data: T-V - all other cells are calculated dynamically)