Kitty Pryde feeders?

Options
Any best guesses or rumors about a Kitty Pryde feeder?  My 2/5/5 Kitty with 11(!!) saved is dying for a yellow cover to finish her off and not burn 3 additional champ levels.
Best guesses would start with X-Men characters that don't currently serve as feeders for other 5*s:
1. Nightcrawler
2. Rogue
3. Cyclops
4. Prof X
5. Jean Grey
6. X-23
7. Iceman
8. Dazzler
9. Bishop
10. Emma Frost
I'm guessing these two would be considered more as a feeder for Cable based on closer associations:
1. Deadpool
2. Domino
Seems D3 has been more apt to assign newer 4* releases as feeders rather than older ones that may have a stronger canon connection (see: 5* Phoenix, Jubilee vs. Cyclops or Teen Jean); so what do you think? Will it be Bishop?  The natural canon connection would probably be a 4* Colossus if he existed. 
The Fox X-men movies seem to have little bearing in our D3 world as far as character designs go, so the DOFP connection between Kitty and Bishop may not have too much influence.

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    St4r Lord?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It should be Professor X. Have a previous X-Men leader feeding a current X-Men leader.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Someone pointed out on Discord a few weeks ago that Prof X is several weeks behind schedule to be to be the 4E in PVE and is basically the only 4-star that significantly off schedule... I don't remember the numbers, maybe they will drop in and share them.

I'm guessing the devs are saving Prof X to drop as a Kitty feeder at some point. Kitty and PX shared one of the iconic old school Kitty Pryde comic moments together and are X-Men team leaders of the past/future. Lots of other good choices out there as well, but, I'm guessing we see the Professor.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm hoping for Jean Grey, because my Kitty is at 5/3/3 and Jean is closest of the reasonable choices to 340.  (My Captain Marvel is closer, but makes much less sense.)
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SymmeTrey said:
    Someone pointed out on Discord a few weeks ago that Prof X is several weeks behind schedule to be to be the 4E in PVE and is basically the only 4-star that significantly off schedule... I don't remember the numbers, maybe they will drop in and share them.

I'm guessing the devs are saving Prof X to drop as a Kitty feeder at some point. Kitty and PX shared one of the iconic old school Kitty Pryde comic moments together and are X-Men team leaders of the past/future. Lots of other good choices out there as well, but, I'm guessing we see the Professor.
    Hadn't thought of ProfX given the length of time he's been available, but had thought along the lines of Teachers/Mentors; so part of me thought it could be Emma.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a guy in my ally with 16 saved cover for Kitty, another one at a 3/3/11 build, another one at 5/2/12 build.  It is insane how many bad builds there are now.  
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I've been guessing for a while that Prof X would be her feeder.  If he was, they would have some good gameplay synergy of creating specials and buffing them. 
    If Bishop was her feeder, then that would solidify the Gritty-Bishop team in Sim. Wouldn't you love to fight a high level Bishop? 
    If Rogue was her feeder, then perhaps we would start seeing some Gritty-Rogue teams in Sim.  Rogue is almost as annoying as Bishop to fight, especially a high level one.
    If Emma Frost was her feeder, the player base would "boo" the devs for it.  That would be a snarky and backhanded thing to do.  "Oh, you guys don't like Emma?  Well now you have to."
    If Dazzler was her feeder, then perhaps we would start seeing some Gritty-Dazzler teams in Sim.  Dazzler shines glitters at high levels when paired with Gritty against Gritty.  Plus, her Red and Green powers work great with Gritty too, more strikes and a killer AOE (just start with a +1 Red and +1 Green AP boost).
    If Iceman was her feeder, that would be cool.  They had a thing going on in the X-men 3 movie.  Plus, a lot of players may already have a high level Iceman to score some free Kitty covers.  But, that's probably why the devs choose newer 4*s as feeders, otherwise they would be giving away too many free Kitty covers, and we can't have that. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need a Doom feeder, too. I'm hoping they come together and soon.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I wouldn’t expect feeders for either for awhile. Seems they gave us a trial with Loki getting a feeder upon release but no one since has had one. I’m thinking they saw a dip in profits by “giving away the cow for free” and so I’m thinking we won’t get Cable/Kitty/Fisk/Doom feeders until we’re caught up with older ones. And since they are dropping at a snails pace it won’t be anytime soon. Best bet for the OP is to get all X-Men to 280 (or 10 saved covers). Which is probably reasonable depending on what stage of the game you’re in. 
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My guess has been Iceman or Night Crawler I could see Professor X as well. The best update I could hope for would be all 5 stars get a feeder and some sort of policy of when a new 5 gets one even if its after they leave the LL cycle. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's consider timing as well.

First, the remaining Classic 5's have no feeder.  Archangel, Gambit, Banner, Strange, and now Kitty.  No Latest 5 has had a feeder since approximately last August when Okoye got a feeder during the MCU 10 celebration, so it seems like we should expect nothing to happen for Doom/Kingpin/Cable for a while.

Feeders happen about once a month on average (sometimes there are 2 in a month, but then the developers skip a month).  New 5's drop about once every 6 weeks, with store updates about 2 weeks later.  Let's assume that continues and extend it out a bit.  Also make this a best case scenario by only feeding the oldest people first.

February 2019.  If we have 6 weeks until the next update, that means that February will have 1 feeder with no other additions to the pool.  Let's say it's Gambit.  It may happen pretty soon, as it's been 4 weeks since Reed -> Surfer.  

March 2019.  Early March (around 3/7) should see a new 5 (MAR19), mid March a store update.  Feeder in early March (let's say Archie).  Banner, Strange, Kitty, Cable unfed.

April 2019.  Late April (4/18 ish) should see an Endgame 5 (END1). If we get an early April feeder, it might be Banner or Kitty.  Let's say Banner. Kitty, Strange unfed.

May 2019.  Maybe a 5 on May 30 (let's pretend there's a second Endgame person, END2), but a store update drops Kingpin out.  Feeder comes, maybe Strange to be around Endgame. Kitty, Cable, Kingpin unfed.

June 2019.  Store update drops MAR19 out.  No new 5.  Maybe Kitty gets fed now?  Banner, Kingpin, Doom unfed.

July 2019.  New 5 comes, presumably a Far From Home character around 7/11 ish.  Feeder comes early, say Kingpin.  Banner, Doom unfed.  End of July FFH5 drops into Latest, pushing out MAR19.

August 2019.  New 5 around 8/22 (AUG19). No store update.  Feeder, let's say Doom.  Banner and MAR19 unfed.

September 2019.  Store update 9/9.  Feeder, let's say MAR19.  Banner and END1 unfed.

October 2019.  New 5 around 10/3 (OCT19).  Feeder, let's say END1.  Store update 10/21.  Banner and END2 unfed.

November 2019.  New 5 around 11/14 (NOV19).  Feeder, let's say Banner finally.  No store update.  END2 unfed.

December 2019.  Store update 12/2.  New 5 around 12/26 (DEC19).  Feeder, let's say END2.  FFH5 unfed.

January 2020.  Store update 1/13.  Feeder, let's say FFH5.  No new 5, AUG19 unfed.  They are finally caught up with all Classic 5's, basically.

Now, if they pushed Kitty back every time, and kept timing the same for everything (and no double feeders), she could be fed as late as January 2020.  Hopefully it's a lot sooner.  If they only fed the oldest characters first, it should be no later than June.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    If Dazzler was her feeder, then perhaps we would start seeing some Gritty-Dazzler teams in Sim.  Dazzler shines glitters at high levels when paired with Gritty against Gritty.  Plus, her Red and Green powers work great with Gritty too, more strikes and a killer AOE (just start with a +1 Red and +1 Green AP boost).
    I was running Dazzler with Kitty in Most Wanted, when Grocket wasn't an option. They did really well for me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just sat here hoping Xpool becomes Cable's feeder so I can champ him ¬¬
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While its most likely her feeder would be one of the X-men (my hopes are for either prof x or nightcrawler) i think Ghost should also be on the list of potentials. They basically have the same thematic powers with the phasing, and ghost is new enough (6 ish months old), which the devs usually seem to like.

i also agree that domino and deadpool are more likely to be feeders for cable, but could also be feeders for archangel too due to the x-force connection, so i dont think either of them would be kitty feeders

either way, whoever the feeder is, my 2-5-4 kitty needs a level 320 character to be fully covered now. My highest levelled 4* is coulson at 289
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly see Emma Frost being kitty's feeder because she's within that 6 month period mentioned above. Players haven't exactly been thrilled with her kit and this is a way to push people to get more covers to get that sweet Kitty coverage.

Likewise I see Domino being Cable's feeder too...despite me hoping it's Xpool.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

March 2019.  Early March (around 3/7) should see a new 5 (MAR19), mid March a store update.  Feeder in early March (let's say Archie).  Banner, Strange, Kitty, Cable unfed.

April 2019.  Late April (4/18 ish) should see an Endgame 5 (END1). If we get an early April feeder, it might be Banner or Kitty.  Let's say Banner. Kitty, Strange unfed.
    You have the timing for Endgame but forgot about Captain Marvel in March?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    bluewolf said:

You have the timing for Endgame but forgot about Captain Marvel in March?
    March 7, 2019 is the movie release date. I just didn’t put that down. Sorry. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SymmeTrey said:

Lately feeders seem to have been introduced with PvP rewards instead of PvE, so I am not sure Professor X being overdue means anything. Then again, he is due to be a PvP reward soon too, maybe they will double up?

I have a guy in my ally with 16 saved cover for Kitty, another one at a 3/3/11 build, another one at 5/2/12 build.  It is insane how many bad builds there are now.  
    Guess I should be happy I managed a 6/3/4 build Before she left. Still need the feeder to complete her, but she can do what she needs to still.

Dormammu said:
    We need a Doom feeder, too. I'm hoping they come together and soon.
    Invisible Woman would be an appropriate feeder for Doom I Think considering 3* Doom feeds her.

I wouldn’t expect feeders for either for awhile. Seems they gave us a trial with Loki getting a feeder upon release but no one since has had one. I’m thinking they saw a dip in profits by “giving away the cow for free” and so I’m thinking we won’t get Cable/Kitty/Fisk/Doom feeders until we’re caught up with older ones. And since they are dropping at a snails pace it won’t be anytime soon. Best bet for the OP is to get all X-Men to 280 (or 10 saved covers). Which is probably reasonable depending on what stage of the game you’re in. 
    On the other hand, they did give Jessica Jones and Robbie Reyes feeders during the fall so there doesn't seem to be anything preventing them from giving newer characters feeders either. 5* Spiderman and Daredevil got feeders pretty soon after they left Latest Legends, I am hoping they will go back to that pattern and give Kitty a feeder soon.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You probably need to wait till X-Men: Dark Phoenix is released before Kitty's feeder is out. It's going to be another 4 months wait. Hopefully, this is where Gambit, Archangel, Kitty get their feeders.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You probably need to wait till X-Men: Dark Phoenix is released before Kitty's feeder is out. It's going to be another 4 months wait. Hopefully, this is where Gambit, Archangel, Kitty get their feeders.
    MPQ doesn't really promote the X-men Movies, at least not directly. At least we can get new X-men characters now...