Sarkhan 3?

Options
13»

Comments

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t think he’s at nerfable power level.  I would not recommend him for beginners as Kiora does most of what he does for much less runes and crystals.  
    He willl be a nice second Kiora and an excellent Samut replacement but he’s not overwhelming.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Azerack said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    I'm glad he's not a special offer. Makes it more easy to keep my wallet shut :)
    *snaps wallet shut* No kidding. Lol
    Meh, I worked OT, last timecard, I know where it's going to, now.  :D

Yep, I'm in the same boat. He may get nerfed, but I honestly don't care. I really need Avaricious Dragon, and I just plain like Sarkhan. Him and me are kinda dragon-bros.
    Back when S1 was just in style he won me many many battles even in the ..ex-training grounds. :) 

Even though I wasn't impressed with S2, S3 definitely is a win and it feels like his T3 is a Release the Gatewatch, so since I NEVER seem to be able to get that card, anyway... ;) 
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fiddler said:
    As to nerfing after release, it's been done before. It the PW disrupts the meta too much they will make adjustments over time. So its buyer beware. But feel free to spend the money if you want.
    i don't see Sarkhan being nerfed especially after the last Lotus incident seen by many as bait and switch. 
    Moreover, they wont do so because it will lower  confidence in buying their products for fear of having it nerfed later.
  • Alanako
    Alanako Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Theros said:
    Fiddler said:
    As to nerfing after release, it's been done before. It the PW disrupts the meta too much they will make adjustments over time. So its buyer beware. But feel free to spend the money if you want.
    i don't see Sarkhan being nerfed especially after the last Lotus incident seen by many as bait and switch. 
    Moreover, they wont do so because it will lower  confidence in buying their products for fear of having it nerfed later.

If the only way to obtain him were buying it with money that would be true. But buying it only make you have it sooner, so you enjoy it before nerfed, if that happens.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Alanako said:
    Theros said:
    Fiddler said:

If the only way to obtain him were buying it with money that would be true. But buying it only make you have it sooner, so you enjoy it before nerfed, if that happens.
    Lotus wasn't the product on sale, though many people did buy Karn specifically to get it. If you look at other products on sale, they're very cautious about nerfing them, and rarely do so unless the card creates completely abusive loops (looking directly at you, Baral) not just because it's powerful (see also Olivia). Additionally I don't see Sarkhan warping the meta nearly as much as Bolas already has, and despite many wanting his first ability to be nerfed, they have yet to do so.

Kiora was nerfed after she came out because her loyalty abilities could completely lock your opponent out of playing at all, not good for the health of the game. Sarkhan is definitely strong, but nowhere near the level of broken of previous cards they've released.
  • Parasith
    Parasith Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Do we have any informations about when he will hit the vault for crystals? Or are there any speculations? 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Parasith said:
    Do we have any informations about when he will hit the vault for crystals? Or are there any speculations? 
    We never get such informations. The earliest I assume would be three weeks after the cash offer leaves the vault. Since he's quite special he could also go the Karn way, meaning he'll pop up at least twice as a cash purchase. If that's the case It'd take 2-3 months. The third option would be that he rotates in when the next set drops.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Or he could be like the original Sarkhan and we won’t see him for a year because they never rotated him in. 
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went for it and purchased him. Its been fun playing him. He's not my favorite PW but in the top three.
    His last ability is a bit overpowered. I suspect at some point they will increase its cost to balance it out. 
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He helps a lot for the daily 'play three big creatures' node.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He helps a lot for the daily 'play three big creatures' node.
    I like him for daily RT-node with '3 cratures 3- and 6+ power'.