Sarkhan 3?

Options

Comments

• OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I have my fingers crossed for this Thursday.

And I'm holding my breathe for next Thursday.

*passes out*

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tilwin90

ZvE boosters I thought that was just a rumour!!

or what about

ZvE boosters They do not exist, how gullible do you think I am

:D  :D:D
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking forward to it intensifies. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Theros said:
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Is Sarkhan 3 going to be released any time soon or is Oktagon making last minute changes? @Brigby
    Not sure about last minute changes, but when it comes to his release date, all I can say is: Soon™
    I hope he is not getting nerfed. 
    Same here. With all the pre conceived notions being made about him being broken before anyone ever plays him.  oktagon just might.  B1, B2 were touted to be broken. Strong? Yes.  Not broken though.  
    Well, there's a history to that. The community was often right (RishkarsEx, omni, Baral) and often wrong (like I was with the powerful but not oppressive niv Mizzet) when calling something not healthy.

He'll be meta defining, just as bolas was and is.Where both bolasses are extremly powerful in control and combo, he'll be aggro and combo. The colors and deck building restrictions offer regular turn 3 and faster wins in standard - I tried it with karn without using his abilities. He's a Kiora with more options. He's samut with card draw and better deck building restrictions. Doesn't that make an alarm bell ring?

He could only be balanced somehow by changing his spell and support slots like they did with samut, but still remain a top level walker.

Also, such discussion are healthy for the game. We know that the devs get the info what we talk about. They'll make up their head by themselves and have no problem to throw insanely broken stuff (Stv, bsz) into standard anyway - but if we just take everything as it is, what's the point of the forum?

By the way, there are regularly cards mentioned that could need a buff as well.
    Not discounting discussion. I encourage it like you.  But I personally am not a fan of jumping the gun. I say try it first and then come back and discuss it.

We have OP cards out there but imho that is what happened from the fallout behind IXN. They tried to rein in the power creep but the player base lost their cookies over the increased cost to power ratio and Oktagon was forced to Bring IXN back to existing cost levels and it's been that way ever since. They released some insanely strong cards,  but so did The last developer.  They can't change anything because honestly,  I don't think the player base as a whole would accept it.  Sure, you and I, maybe... but the vast majority? Not a chance in hades and past showdowns in here vs the devs have proven that they'll give whatever the loudest wants. 

That's Just the way it is. Do I like it? No. But I can find better things to do than to get into long discussions with those who want their way.  I say let them.  If the game tanks, it's on them. If it improves the game,  then congrats.  Either way,  I encourage discussing.  But I don't just don't care to be involved that much any more as it gets exhausting defending the less popular opinion. 
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    By the way, I don't see his abilities as being really problematic. It's the deck building options he offers. I mean, it doesn't really matter if I fetch three GR with his ult and play it or if I fetch them in a loop and play them, does it? I won't use his ult often anyway since the match will likely be over before that
    Then we will likely never see tamiyo. W/G/U would be too much for most players with less than a year's worth of cards in their collection. I personally think these tri colors should be no more than 2 mana per color. Maybe even 1 if I dare say so.  Because they are so much more powerful in the cards that they have access to. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Theros said:
    Brigby said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Is Sarkhan 3 going to be released any time soon or is Oktagon making last minute changes? @Brigby
    Not sure about last minute changes, but when it comes to his release date, all I can say is: Soon™
    I hope he is not getting nerfed. 
    Same here. With all the pre conceived notions being made about him being broken before anyone ever plays him.  oktagon just might.  B1, B2 were touted to be broken. Strong? Yes.  Not broken though.  
    Well, there's a history to that. The community was often right (RishkarsEx, omni, Baral) and often wrong (like I was with the powerful but not oppressive niv Mizzet) when calling something not healthy.

He'll be meta defining, just as bolas was and is.Where both bolasses are extremly powerful in control and combo, he'll be aggro and combo. The colors and deck building restrictions offer regular turn 3 and faster wins in standard - I tried it with karn without using his abilities. He's a Kiora with more options. He's samut with card draw and better deck building restrictions. Doesn't that make an alarm bell ring?

He could only be balanced somehow by changing his spell and support slots like they did with samut, but still remain a top level walker.

Also, such discussion are healthy for the game. We know that the devs get the info what we talk about. They'll make up their head by themselves and have no problem to throw insanely broken stuff (Stv, bsz) into standard anyway - but if we just take everything as it is, what's the point of the forum?

By the way, there are regularly cards mentioned that could need a buff as well.
    Not discounting discussion. I encourage it like you.  But I personally am not a fan of jumping the gun. I say try it first and then come back and discuss it.

We have OP cards out there but imho that is what happened from the fallout behind IXN. They tried to rein in the power creep but the player base lost their cookies over the increased cost to power ratio and Oktagon was forced to Bring IXN back to existing cost levels and it's been that way ever since. They released some insanely strong cards,  but so did The last developer.  They can't change anything because honestly,  I don't think the player base as a whole would accept it.  Sure, you and I, maybe... but the vast majority? Not a chance in hades and past showdowns in here vs the devs have proven that they'll give whatever the loudest wants. 

That's Just the way it is. Do I like it? No. But I can find better things to do than to get into long discussions with those who want their way.  I say let them.  If the game tanks, it's on them. If it improves the game,  then congrats.  Either way,  I encourage discussing.  But I don't just don't care to be involved that much any more as it gets exhausting defending the less popular opinion. 
    I'm a passionate follower of Don Quijote, fighting windmills whenever I get the chance. I think the last chance to actually balance things is before they hit the vault. This is even more true for cash purchases like this one - I must admit a post sale nerf would be unfair to those who bought him, and the reactions would be foreseeable. So after his release I won't bother with the topic anymore.

Gunmix25 said:
    By the way, I don't see his abilities as being really problematic. It's the deck building options he offers. I mean, it doesn't really matter if I fetch three GR with his ult and play it or if I fetch them in a loop and play them, does it? I won't use his ult often anyway since the match will likely be over before that
    Then we will likely never see tamiyo. W/G/U would be too much for most players with less than a year's worth of cards in their collection. I personally think these tri colors should be no more than 2 mana per color. Maybe even 1 if I dare say so.  Because they are so much more powerful in the cards that they have access to. 
    I'm not even sure whether this is true for standard, whites most powerful.. Oh, I forgot the angels. Yep, you're right. But we'll get tamiyo anyway, because.. How else should they creep?

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just because a PW has access to many colors or good abilities  doesn't make it broken. They look powerful on paper but not in reality during events or pvp. Them mono PWs can be more efficient or more dangerous despite having access to only  1 color. The multi colored PWS are not fail proof in pvp/events despite all their apparent advantages and sarkhan 3 or tamiyo will not be different.
    When I play TGs, I prefer mono PWs such as nissa 4, koth, jaya or elpeths because they win faster. Kiora is 2 colors but wins faster than both bolas with standard cards alone.
    From my observations non origin mono PWs are not to be underestimated no mater what PW you play with.
    Multi color  PWS are fun and color variety must happen.
  • Gunmix25
    Options

I'm not even sure whether this is true for standard, whites most powerful.. Oh, I forgot the angels. Yep, you're right. But we'll get tamiyo anyway, because.. How else should they creep?

Lol, you have me there.  Well put, my friend.  
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sarkhan is out
  • Parasith
    Parasith Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Sarkhan is out
    Now i have to wait until he hits the vault ;) hopefully in 4-6 weeks 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad he's not a special offer. Makes it more easy to keep my wallet shut :)
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    *snaps wallet shut* No kidding. Lol
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Meh, I worked OT, last timecard, I know where it's going to, now.  :D
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Half of the packs are Origins packs :| 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Half of the packs are Origins packs :| 
    Yeah, that's definitely contributing to me not buying him.  If it was 3 M19 pack with the GRN that would be very tempting.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Hmm, I do still need have Avaricious Dragon...  (i.e. put me in the tempted group)
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's the verdict? Is he as broken as everyone said he would be?
  • HJ16
    HJ16 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Have him at 41 now, I find him pretty cool 😎. I'd say get him if you can
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As to nerfing after release, it's been done before. It the PW disrupts the meta too much they will make adjustments over time. So its buyer beware. But feel free to spend the money if you want.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Azerack said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Meh, I worked OT, last timecard, I know where it's going to, now.  :D

Yep, I'm in the same boat. He may get nerfed, but I honestly don't care. I really need Avaricious Dragon, and I just plain like Sarkhan. Him and me are kinda dragon-bros.