Next Episode Start Timing

Options
13»

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm gonna play straightaway when the event starts and grind until my scaling hits crazy levels then come here and whine about it - just in case the sub bracket gets screwed up again.

Demiurge should change their name to "Murphy's Programming Law", cos you know, anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    PvE server shards: making sure you can (are bracketed with) compete against the players that didn't wait until day three to start.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Crazy expectations? Didn't I got some memo? Since when is it crazy to expect that announced buffs will maybe delivered in a 4 month period? Or to have complete patch notes without stealth changes every 3 days. Or that not every single change is based on raising the mysterious ARPDAU.

That is the funny thing, one would think a sensible company want to increase the overall profits. Here they chase ARPDAU while working hard to reduce the count of active players to minimum in a few weeks -- did they learn how multiplication works?

If it starts this week I definitely only play each node once just to look at the story and ignore whatever prizes they thought up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Crazy expectations? Didn't I got some memo? Since when is it crazy to expect that announced buffs will maybe delivered in a 4 month period? Or to have complete patch notes without stealth changes every 3 days. Or that not every single change is based on raising the mysterious ARPDAU.

That is the funny thing, one would think a sensible company want to increase the overall profits. Here they chase ARPDAU while working hard to reduce the count of active players to minimum in a few weeks -- did they learn how multiplication works?

If it starts this week I definitely only play each node once just to look at the story and ignore whatever prizes they thought up.
    What is the chance that when You have 200k active players, all of them buy stuff?

Less players = less non-payers.

Finally, they will end up with 10 people who keep on spending money.

Desired ARPDAU achieved.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I won't start until Tuesday after memorial day most likely. Got some Godzilla and chillen to be had. Don't need to f that up with puzzle quest lol.

Guess no chillin for you, it just started ^^
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    finwe wrote:

Well... you see.... an average calculation is a division operation.

Therefore, if those pesky meddling veterans are driven away that aren't paying up... then that lowers the denominator in the division operation as the number of active players decreases, which drives up the resulting ARPDAU from the remainder being paying players.

(1,000,000 players / $100,000/day) = $0.10.
    (100,000 players / $100,000/day) = $1.00

SUCCESS!

Joking and playful jabs aside... the devs surely aren't running the business with metric manipulation in mind... right?
    No, they are not. They are pushing hard to convert F2P players into playing ones and inducing paying ones to continue their purchases.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sod National Holidays in the US, try having virtually every event ending at 5am. Season 1 would have finishedd early morning too if D3 didnt get their thumb stuck up their ****.