Next Episode Start Timing

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    In order to make sure that players get the best performance out of the game with the next upcoming Event, we have decided to push the start of the next episode, Prodigal Sun, to early next week.

Wait, how long is this event going to last? Because if this means it's going to run over Memorial Day weekend now, when i am going to be out of town, i'm going to be tinykitty annoyed!
  • Daetrinnn wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    In order to make sure that players get the best performance out of the game with the next upcoming Event, we have decided to push the start of the next episode, Prodigal Sun, to early next week.

Wait, how long is this event going to last? Because if this means it's going to run over Memorial Day weekend now, when i am going to be out of town, i'm going to be tinykitty annoyed!

It might be over on the 28th if it's nine days from Monday and generally it's most important to play at the end of the event, so you might be fine.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do NOT send Ares to deal with Sentry. It doesn't end well.
    a85lIJP.jpg
  • kensterr wrote:
    a85lIJP.jpg

Thor it is then icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the definition of 'downtime' is the madness that will be the end of season 1 launching straight into another PVE with crazy scaling?
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    So the definition of 'downtime' is the madness that will be the end of season 1 launching straight into another PVE with crazy scaling?
    "early next week" probably mean they will overlap icon_lol.gif
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great. I would love a new pve... IF there was the forethought to the fact that

1. Season 1 got extended, pretty much a lot of grinding needed.

2. We're all wore out from the previous pve overlapping so many S1 events. And wore out as S1 has just been one incredibly long grind fest with insane brackets.

3. It's a holiday weekend coming up.

Other than that, great, a new pve. But seriously, give us a chance to catch our breath a little between. Is that really too much to ask?
  • Based on past events and how things are. Yes it is to much to ask to catch your breath
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    IceIX wrote:
    In order to make sure that players get the best performance out of the game with the next upcoming Event, we have decided to push the start of the next episode, Prodigal Sun, to early next week. This timing will allow Agents to settle down over the weekend with a relatively light Versus Tournament schedule and come in at the start of the next week with a more stable overall client. Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.
    IceIX, could you ask the team to seriously consider waiting until after the (newly extended) Season 1 ends before starting the PvE. I think we all anticipate a frenetic end, so an overlap would be ... less than welcome?
  • I have a different perspective on things.

We forum members and hardcore fans of this game are not the only ones that need to be "satisfied". The silent majority need to be kept happy and since they are silent it's difficult for developers to know how to do so. Hence they try different things and whatever results in an influx of money for them will probably be an indication at what that silent majority is liking.

There are players, I'm sure, that almost exclusively play PvE because PvP is daunting and stressfull and requires a short term time commitment compared to PvE.

Running events simultaneously means that us hardcore can't possible play enough to win EVERYTHING which allows for others that focus only on PvE to take home some prizes.

We the active vocal forum member are only a small percentage of people playing and we're not the only ones who's needs/wants have to be met by developers.

With all the mess that has happened recently I don't think we should be complaining about the addition of a new character. Not enough HP for roster slots? Buy some! Or delete a character, I'm sure you're not using all your 2* and they never get their own events anyway. Even when they are featured and powered up they are rarely as strong as your best 3*.

My only gripe would be if this PvE turns out to be a 9 day one. I still don't feel like I've recovered from the last 9 day event.

ALSO, it's always a Holiday somewhere. Sometimes it'll be an American holiday during events and sometimes it'll be in another country. Tough! Deal with it!
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Very good points; if I may offer one more reason why a small delay might be beneficial:

How confident can they be about the stability of their servers and the ability to simultaneously handle the end of one (massive) event and the start of another? The end of the last event was futzed during a time they were making emergency changes because of a second running event - why not demonstrate to the playerbase (forum & "silent") that the problems are gone before testing the limits again?

I don't realistically expect them to change their plan at this point ... OTOH, based on past performance I don't realistically expect either the end of the Season or the start of the PvE to go off without a hitch - do you?
  • Milkrain wrote:
    Running events simultaneously means that us hardcore can't possible play enough to win EVERYTHING which allows for others that focus only on PvE to take home some prizes.

Challenge Accepted!
    Honestly, if you think you can't win a PVE and a PVP simultaneously you might be not that hardcore...
    Milkrain wrote:
    With all the mess that has happened recently I don't think we should be complaining about the addition of a new character. Not enough HP for roster slots? Buy some! Or delete a character, I'm sure you're not using all your 2* and they never get their own events anyway. Even when they are featured and powered up they are rarely as strong as your best 3*.

Especially with all the mess that happened I'm not inclined to spent HP on anything. How about fixing some of the older heroes before releasing 3 new per week? That XF-Wolvy buff that was teased 4 ! months ago, yeah but I guess too many people have covers already.
    Also it's not just a single roster slot that comes with a new char. Also 170k ISO and 13 covers. Also there is a limited amount of events happening per week, what do you think happens as the amount of available rewards rises?
  • finwe wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:

Challenge Accepted!
    Honestly, if you think you can't win a PVE and a PVP simultaneously you might be not that hardcore...
    Milkrain wrote:

Especially with all the mess that happened I'm not inclined to spent HP on anything. How about fixing some of the older heroes before releasing 3 new per week? That XF-Wolvy buff that was teased 4 ! months ago, yeah but I guess too many people have covers already.
    Also it's not just a single roster slot that comes with a new char. Also 170k ISO and 13 covers. Also there is a limited amount of events happening per week, what do you think happens as the amount of available rewards rises?

@Dreylin: PvE go off without a hitch... mmmhhh... YES IT WILL icon_e_biggrin.gif I'm trying this thing called optimism.

@Finwe: Fixing heroes doesn't make them more money. Have you seen how many people have spent money to buy Daken covers and level him. Releasing new heroes "works" from a business perspective. What happens when the amount of covers rises? People spend more money. Some people might quit the game but new players need to spend money to buy slots cause no one wants to sell new shiny covers.

I don't like the issues that have been happening but it is important not to have crazy expectations. More characters means greater variety in PvP. I like seeing more team compositions than just one or two and it's finally starting to happen.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    I don't like the issues that have been happening but it is important not to have crazy expectations. More characters means greater variety in PvP. I like seeing more team compositions than just one or two and it's finally starting to happen.

And with Spidey finally being made more fun this should improve even more so! I really can't wait.

I didn't even realize but I use multiple teams throughout events now as well depending on the situation. A lack of an efficient prologue heal should just up that even more. At the top (1100+ points) I see a pretty good mix of team ups.

I really hope next season features some team pvps, not just featured hero of the day.
  • Another vote for slowing it down a bit. Let players catch up just a little. If you don't already have 13 cards for your favorite characters, then every new character lowers your chance of getting the cards you want. Not just randomly, but in PvP events as well.

I guess there are players that will drop 400 dollars upon the release to have them maxed immediately no matter how many they release. Give me a break devs. You have to be reading these forums and understand the growing unrest. 1 new character a month is a reasonable growth. Three characters a week is total nonsense. Maybe one every two and a half weeks could get you your money and keep the masses from feeling like you don't give a **** what we think.
  • Maybe next week they mean 9 days from now not two or three.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    a85lIJP.jpg

Hulk can put sentry down. But you have to shoot hulk into space, force him into captivity, then kill his baby mama, which I wouldn't recommend
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    kensterr wrote:
    a85lIJP.jpg
    I believe it ends perfectly.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    @Finwe: Fixing heroes doesn't make them more money. Have you seen how many people have spent money to buy Daken covers and level him. Releasing new heroes "works" from a business perspective. What happens when the amount of covers rises? People spend more money. Some people might quit the game but new players need to spend money to buy slots cause no one wants to sell new shiny covers.

Crazy expectations? Didn't I got some memo? Since when is it crazy to expect that announced buffs will maybe delivered in a 4 month period? Or to have complete patch notes without stealth changes every 3 days. Or that not every single change is based on raising the mysterious ARPDAU.

I'm well aware that fixing heroes doesn't make them money and what is good for immediate sales. That doesn't make a good game however.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Great. I would love a new pve... IF there was the forethought to the fact that

1. Season 1 got extended, pretty much a lot of grinding needed.

2. We're all wore out from the previous pve overlapping so many S1 events. And wore out as S1 has just been one incredibly long grind fest with insane brackets.

3. It's a holiday weekend coming up.

Other than that, great, a new pve. But seriously, give us a chance to catch our breath a little between. Is that really too much to ask?

I won't start until Tuesday after memorial day most likely. Got some Godzilla and chillen to be had. Don't need to f that up with puzzle quest lol.