Next Episode Start Timing

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
In order to make sure that players get the best performance out of the game with the next upcoming Event, we have decided to push the start of the next episode, Prodigal Sun, to early next week. This timing will allow Agents to settle down over the weekend with a relatively light Versus Tournament schedule and come in at the start of the next week with a more stable overall client. Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    TLDR: Give us money for Mohawken so that you can win The Sentry next week. Yes, he is a 3* because of course he is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    This timing will allow Agents to settle down over the weekend...

Gee, why on earth would we need to settle down?[/sarcasm]
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.

icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    In order to make sure that players get the best performance out of the game with the next upcoming Event, we have decided to push the start of the next episode, Prodigal Sun, to early next week. This timing will allow Agents to settle down over the weekend with a relatively light Versus Tournament schedule and come in at the start of the next week with a more stable overall client. Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.

this is the non pve thing right? after Dark Avengers section of the story? If so, Sweet!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Thank you. Downtime is nice.

Now, time to try and figure out how to play Marvel vs Capcom well... Apparently I can't just play it like street fighter.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also, I've learned my lesson: this time, I won't join the PvE until AFTER some subset of players gets tinykittied. Fool me once...
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Then we can all start next week with the opportunity to see how the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborn deal with The Sentry and how S.H.I.E.L.D. reacts to the changing situation.

icon_eek.gif

Seconded. icon_eek.gif

I would love a Dark Avengers perspective episode, not least because villains = limited roster = maybe cover packs with proper (> 6%) odds of shiny new Daken...

Glad I have always had a soft spot for levelling villains! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

Now, time to try and figure out how to play Marvel vs Capcom well... Apparently I can't just play it like street fighter.

Meaning you can't button mash? That's how I always played fighting games. Except Fight Night, was always pretty good at that one.

Also, those who predicted Sentry and his thunder thighs were correct. I'm looking forward to the upcoming event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PVE isn't a response I wanna know about
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

Meaning you can't button mash? That's how I always played fighting games. Except Fight Night, was always pretty good at that one.

Also, those who predicted Sentry and his thunder thighs were correct. I'm looking forward to the upcoming event.

I'm terrible at air combat and such.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:

Used to be so good at Mahvel. Haven't played in years at this point. Fighting games go out the window as your "sitting in front of a tv) free time does. I could play them, but if I cannot be the best then there is no point. Would frustrate me too much only having a 50-70% win rate.

Started with 3D fighters, moved back a step to 2D, then started playing Mahvel (I mean, I'd played capcom games in arcades as a kid...but not often and so I was never very goosm.just knew the co.cdpt of direct competition was exciting). All 3 require very different playstyles.

Man but...life kicks you in the butt if you get too good. That said, I am sure I could pick up a cobtroller/joystick of a fighter and still be pretty good from the getgo. You don't lose the feel for strategy just because you haven't played.

Side note: you can totally get away with some lvl of button mashing in Mahvel games. Air combat isn't THAT important unless you mean triangle jumping (still not that hard once you get used to it). Anyway, Mpq. Yay for new episode. Yelena better not be a required node...lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Great timing for the new X-Men movie!
  • Unknown
    Options
    another new character? ugh. burn out. we just had a brand new one. weekly new ones get old. how about doing events where for 2 in a row you give out the same new 3, that way there is like 3-4 weeks between new guys introduced. i think so a accelerated release schedule will just burn people out on trying to get a million covers and have no playable characters
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree back to back PvE with new characters as rewards seems like a bit much. I'm hoping this one just introduces The Sentry, and we can play against him, but then the next PvE afterwards will be the one we win him. Probably hoping for too much, but it'd be nice. Would build the hype even more too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Three characters getting released in a week or so is way, way too many.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Dakan and sentry (who will be at the end of a likely 9 day event...)...fury doesn't count unless he is added to packs. I don't see the problem with 1 character a week...especially given how boring a character dakan is being a clone of his 2** with a New ability.

Are ppl just low on hp from wasting it on 3*** or something and don't want new characters because they cannot afford slots without dropping money? Other than that...I've never understood why ppl hate getting new things.
  • Unknown
    Options
    well lets see I have Daken, Ares and Moonstone. Problem is i need to level Ares to his max which can only be in the 50s and moonstone can't go high at the moment either.

if this is a PvE event, let them be boosted please O.O
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Dakan and sentry (who will be at the end of a likely 9 day event...)...fury doesn't count unless he is added to packs. I don't see the problem with 1 character a week...especially given how boring a character dakan is being a clone of his 2** with a New ability.

Are ppl just low on hp from wasting it on 3*** or something and don't want new characters because they cannot afford slots without dropping money? Other than that...I've never understood why ppl hate getting new things.

I'm not getting 550 HP a week, which is what I'd need to open a slot a week. And it would hit 600 pretty soon.

On top of that, they're not capable of releasing one fully balanced, well-designed, non-broken character a week.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

It's not only a new slot to open, it's also 150k+ ISO and 13 covers...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I had some HP sitting around so I added 3 spots a few days ago. With Nick Fury coming this week for some and Sentry shortly after, adding those spots has turned out to be a good move. I'll have room with 37 of 40 slots currently filled. Just need to keep an eye on the covers that get dumped into those slots...extra iso sitting around.