Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That’s why I say “for those of us who missed out on Gladiathor”
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure I agree Rescue is total trash, but I also don't have as deep a 5* roster of "better" characters to lean on. Paired with GE Doom and my mostly built Okoye, I feel like she'll be pretty strong as an okoye seed. That red is only 6ap and has a double-tap, and you can sort of kickstart it off that blue. Since Doom is passive on blue, it seems like it's reasonable as an alternative to me. I'm looking forward to trying her out. 

As for Iceman, I have a feeling Ice-koye will be the bootleg version of Thorkoye for those of us who missed out on him. His green is mega cheap and will do team damage, and his blue and yellow both work way better than you might expect. with the godmode boost, my 1/0/1 is already viable in my dual 5* MMR with that and damage reduction hiding behind Doom.
    I don’t think she’s “complete” trash, but I put her at the top of the trash tier with Fisk, Banner and Wasp (or bottom of the low tier). Her red is her one redeeming power and for a roster like yours she may get heavy play off that red alone. I’d love to have her but if I have to let someone go now and again to finish others, she seems like the one to let loose. After seeing Professor X revealed as the next 5, I feel way more solid in my decision as he seems like a super fun character to play with. He and Iceman are right there in that tier where I believe Jessica Jones sat alone for a while (ALMOST meta but not quite). So I’m excited to pull for the X-Trio as soon as Rescue is gone.

Funny I’ve hoarded ALL this time, but September seems like forever to wait now that I see that light. Boot her now!

(sorry @ThaRoadWarrior, I know you’re wanting to finish her)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It’s all good lol; I committed to latest in a run of marginal 5s, so I’m just trying to get what I can now that I’m stuck with this MMR. I have a good start on 5torm as well, so if she falls out at 11 covers it’s  probably fine. 12 or 13 would be better, but what can you do? 

It just really makes the point about how far above everyone else the current meta is I guess. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sort of feel that there could be a decent 5* hiding inside of Rescue with some tweaks. Her red is quite interesting, she can heal and create special tiles. Just none of it works very well together. I don't get that feeling with Wasp at all.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I think so too, but if you're going to let one go to absolutely land all 3 in latest, I agree she doesn't seem as empirically good as X/Ice/5torm to me either.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    So Rescue left Latests 1/1/0... not a single cover in her best power. But I hope that skipping the occasional clunker will provide some insurance toward covering better characters.

Today with 410 pulls I set out to cover the new Latest 3: Storm (0/1/0), Iceman (1/1/1) and Professor $ (0/0/0). OR pull until Storm is champed. 

I decided to set Storm as my bonus hero, and it’s a good thing I did! Here’s some crazy stats for you...

- 3 pulls in I had a string of FIVE 5* in a row!!
    - I also had a run of FIFTY TWO 4* in a row!!
    - I pulled only one single Storm (yellow) in my first 110 pulls. By that point Professor had 9 covers and Iceman had 11. 
    - RNG smiled on me huge with 4 big bonus heroes. All Storm, and luckily the right colors needed to get her over the finish line. 
    - I managed to naturally pull zero Grocket, zero Juggernaut and 2 Bishop in 230 pulls. Dilution is real!
    - I used 4* BH to get Juggs to 271 and Spider-Man to 319. One 4* BH away from a champed Black Suit!

TLDR: I managed to finish all 3 Latests!

Final stats were:

37 5* in 230 pulls, for 16%

4 5* BH out of 37 pulls, for 10.8%

16 4* BH out of 193 = 8.3%

Here was the distribution:

Professor X: 4/7/4 + 0/0/0 start = 452 Champ!

Iceman: 7/3/5 + 1/1/1 start = 455 Champ!

Storm: 2/1/4 + 0/1/1 start + 2/2/0 BH = 450 Champ!

I now have all the Latests champed and will get to hoard another 3-5 months (or however long it takes for all three to rotate).

The nice part is after applying all covers and rewards, I was able to get back up to 216 pulls (mostly CP). So a huge stockpile for whatever is in the pipeline for anniversary. My guess is a meta store, but since I have all the big names champed, I’ll probably just keep hoarding for the next trio. 

• Daredevil217
    Options
    Another milestone cementing me in 5* play... last night I’m talking to someone on the phone and realize I have 15 min left to grind PVE. I scream, and log on thinking I’ve shot myself in the foot. Why is Professor boosted? Maybe I’ll play him. Yeah. If there is a Match-4 to start I’m one hit KOing the enemy after court death. Thanks to the god boost, my first time ever experiencing it, I’m now first overall and in the sub. So I take him to PVP where I get over 1400 points for the first time ever as well. I can see why people whale for that boost. It’s insanely fun.

In PVP I tried a couple partners but landed on Storm with God Boost Professor. The X-Man synergy lets him take less damage I figured, and she creates match-4 potential. They are CRAZY good together. Because I feel I’ll never finish my 5/1/0 Bolt, I assumed she’d be no good for me. How wrong I was.

Her Green is very weak and expensive, but I put it to great use either removing red from the board to starve Thor, Okoye, Jess, etc. or to strategically create match 4s for Xavier.

Without help, her Black reminds me of Doom’s diabolical plot placing one tile each turn. A slow build to a big nuke.  Except when you match a trap it does nothing, while matching the charged tile helps you fire the power sooner. Also she does AOE damage and shakes up the board when she fires, unlike Doom. 

Her Yellow is where it is at though. It’s a really great battery that you can strategically use to easily make match-4s, net extra turns, trigger Xavier, and fuel whatever power you need (usually purple with Charles). On a yellow heavy board I almost went winfinite spamming yellow until there were no longer team ups on the board. All the charged yellow was enough to end it though. As an aside, Dooms blue came through clutch more than once spamming the board with black, creating more match-4s and filling my black AP bar matching all storms charged tiles. Because she’s slower, weak on defense, and will be misused by the AI, I see why she’s being touted as the lowlight of the group. But she’s still fun, a crazy good support on offense, and WAY WAY better than I anticipated. 

By by the way, god boosted Prof/Storm took one loss on offense. I lost to Unboosted Bishop and Jessica. Took the match hoping I would luck into a turn 1 match-4 to take out Bish. No such luck and by the third turn I was stun locked. Fought to the bitter end which wasn’t long as Jessica easily matched traps, fueled her red and murdered all three characters. 

• Daredevil217
    Options
    I started this transition almost exactly a year ago by simultaneously champing 6 of the best characters in the game (Thor, Okoye, Kitty, Thanos, Jessica, Daredevil). How time flies. My roster has ballooned since then thanks to special stores, feeders and especially bonus heroes (RIP... gone but not forgotten!). 

My roster is now as follows:

Champions:
    L465 Thanos
    L464 Cable
    L462 Kitty Pryde
    L459 Daredevil
    L458 Archangel
    L458 Iceman
    L458 Jessica Jones
    L457 Black Panther
    L457 Doctor Doom
    L457 Kingpin
    L457 Okoye 
    L456 Captain Marvel
    L456 Doctor Strange
    L456 Green Goblin
    L455 Gambit
    L455 Hela
    L455 Professor X
    L454 Captain America (IW)
    L454 Loki
    L453 Ghost Rider
    L453 Storm
    L452 Iron Man
    L452 Spider-Man (BiB) 
    L451 Spider-Man (PP)
    L450 Doctor Octopus
    L450 Hawkeye
    L450 Wolverine

Unchamped Latests:
    L300 Beta Ray Bill 1/1/1
    L285 Carnage 0/0/2
    L270 Mister Sinister 0/0/1

Unchamped Classics:
    L440 Thor 5/5/3 (8 saved, 500 shards)
    L420 Jean Grey 5/4/2 (500 shards)
    L390 Silver Surfer 1/3/5 (1 saved)
    L390 Wasp 5/2/1
    L360 Black Bolt 5/1/1
    L360 Black Widow 2/3/2
    L340 Star-Lord 5/4/1 (500 shards)
    L330 Captain America (FA) 3/1/1
    L330 Rescue 2/2/1 (1000 shards)
    L315 The Hulk 3/0/1 (1000 shards)

I’m set to open a very large hoard once Professor is out, and aside from Jean who is a cover away, I have no idea who to target next from my unchamped classics with shards. I’m thinking that rather than try to focus fire on one character (probably Black Bolt as he’s a cut above the others), I’ll instead work to get each to 175 or 200 shards.  The placement/progression rewards when they come around in PVE would then push them to 500 for another cover.  For a character like Black Bolt who is a little more worth it, I’d even consider the 250 CP HFH offer (assuming its not green) so he gets two covers when featured. 

I don’t know what others think, but for these bottom-tier 5s, I like the idea of playing the (very) long game and sharding until 250 before moving on to a new target. Since shards are slow, and classic 5* are slow (especially non-metas that never get special stores), this is a way to combine efforts. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I still find it fascinating that optimal Thor usage consists of letting covers and shards stack up on him until whenever so that he doesn't compete for matches with Okoye. 

I'd like to tell you that there is some hitherto un-identified Rescue super team that makes her worth your attention, but there kind of isn't lol. She needs a force multiplier any way you slice it.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Huge update.  I pulled for Carnage/Bill/Xavier and went just over 10% in over 200 pulls (super sad).  Only Bill got champed.  I was focus-firing on Black Bolt mostly as my sharded character once I finished up Phoenix (who I got shards from via PVE progression/placement).

I started hoarding CP once Bolt was announced to be in a CP store (only spending Latests) and I had about 280 pulls in CP today.  I kept pulling covers I didn't need! Green Bolt, Black Surfer, Red Surfer... ugh! However, I had a good pull rate (21/103), even if I wasn't getting the colors I wanted.  That said, ended up finally champing Bolt/Surfer and putting some extra levels on them as well (many in the case of Surfer).  This may be the last special/release store I spend heavy in, as i believe F2Ps need to focus-fire on Latests in order to keep up with the accelerated release rate.

With my champ rewards, I went back to Latests and rattled off four Carange in a row, so he is finished as well!

TLDR: I champed 5 characters in the last month (Phoenix, BRB, Surfer, Bolt, Carnage)!!  I am now waiting on Bill and Carnage to leave Latests before I pull again.  This should be a huge help for my 5* character rankings.  My updated 5* roster is below-

Champions:
    L465 Thanos
    L464 Cable
    L462 Kitty Pryde
    L460 Daredevil
    L459 Archangel
    L458 Iceman
    L458 Jessica Jones
    L458 Silver Surfer
    L457 Black Panther
    L457 Doctor Doom
    L457 Kingpin