I’ve denied the signs too long... I’m a 5* player

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yeah but all characters suck on defense save for Gritty and Jessica, but even those characters don’t scare me if I’m running Thorkoye. Whatever damage they dish, Okoye can heal it right up, so I don’t tend to worry about defense so much. Before transitioning I thought Jess was THE gold standard for defense. I figured in any PVP if someone threw her up they would get insta-skipped. Now that I’ve arrived I smack Jessica around constantly. She’s not a deterrent at all. So now I focus a bit more on offense. 

Gobby black does have that drawback but remember he can fortify the CD at the beginning of every turn. So it’s super hard to match once it gets that initial fortification (not to mention yellow can reduce the timer). 

Edit: You also didn’t mention health which I imagine ghost rider kills goblin in due to the differences in their age.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Grrr has 58k, Goblin was 44k. In single combat, I feel like I could bring GR:RR up against any other (similarly leveled) single 5* offensively and defeat an AI player. I don't know if that's true of all 5*s though.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    I finally tried a later PVP jump. With between 4-5 hours left in SL2 I hopped in and was able to climb to 900 in Namor and that’s the point where I started to get smacked down. So... not bad?

I did end 4th in Venom Bomb, which is cool (3 Namors!). The current PVE is the first where I’m rocking a 255 5*. So I can’t just boosted 5/ Thanos my way through. I’m in CL8 and could finish T10 again clearing optimally but it’s much harder on the healthpacks running Thanos/Gritty. Much harder! My teams are all over the place depending on what’s in front of me. Luckily lots of low health enemy Hoods make for tasty Thanos treats lol.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Also, after getting 4th by 4 points last time in Support Circuit I ended up FIRST this week by 2 points. Insane!  Pulled a 4* Hulking which is my only 4* support. I’ve heard it’s sort of a **** support. Still I’m considering maxing it as I’ve actually never spent red iso and thus have enough to spare. I just don’t know who to put it on. I’m thinking maybe Kitty or DD? Or is leveling him a waste of Riso?

Powers are:
    - Increase green match damage (best for DD)
    - Increase Max health (best for any any)
    - % to fortify tile when fire a power (best for Kitty)
    - When healed they heal extra (best for DD as he actually heals)

I play Kitty more and she benefits most from the best perk (fortification). DD could literally use all 4 powers, but is really just a meat shield in PVE. Choices.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you haven't spent any red iso, perhaps level a few of your supports up to level 50 and see if you like them.  That'll only cost you ~ 20k, which you can earn back pretty quickly, and should give a better feel for what the support does.
    If tile fortification is what you're after, then there are supports that do that for simply matching tiles rather than firing powers.  That might be even more useful to you even if they're not rank 5.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, after getting 4th by 4 points last time in Support Circuit I ended up FIRST this week by 2 points. Insane!  Pulled a 4* Hulking which is my only 4* support. I’ve heard it’s sort of a tinykitty support. Still I’m considering maxing it as I’ve actually never spent red iso and thus have enough to spare. I just don’t know who to put it on. I’m thinking maybe Kitty or DD? Or is leveling him a waste of Riso?

Powers are:

I play Kitty more and she benefits most from the best perk (fortification). DD could literally use all 4 powers, but is really just a meat shield in PVE. Choices.

DD likes his strike tiles fortified too, so he's definitely not a bad choice. But the question is how much you use him?

If you want a good support for Kitty I see you have Avengers Tower at level 3, that is an excellent choice for Kitty. Kitty likes yellow AP, it can fortify tiles on a match alone, and if you make a match 4 it puts out more special tiles.

You should also level up Milano and put on Grocket. I assume you use them a lot too.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally tried a later PVP jump. With between 4-5 hours left in SL2 I hopped in and was able to climb to 900 in Namor and that’s the point where I started to get smacked down. So... not bad?

I did end 4th in Venom Bomb, which is cool (3 Namors!). The current PVE is the first where I’m rocking a 255 5*. So I can’t just boosted 5/ Thanos my way through. I’m in CL8 and could finish T10 again clearing optimally but it’s much harder on the healthpacks running Thanos/Gritty. Much harder! My teams are all over the place depending on what’s in front of me. Luckily lots of low health enemy Hoods make for tasty Thanos treats lol.
    The health pack problem can be fixed with OML and Daredevil as your team mates for Thanos. No health packs ever used during PVE clears with that team. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    The health pack problem can be fixed with OML and Daredevil as your team mates for Thanos. No health packs ever used during PVE clears with that team. 
    He'll probably won't be as fast if he uses that team. Having said that, you're not wrong. It's just a matter of balancing health pack usage and speed. 
    May take longer, yes. I'm suggesting it purely on saving health packs though. Its the team I use in CL7 and I usually always finish in slightly under 30 mins and always finish top 5. How much that would change in 8, I'm not sure. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing I haven't read in this thread yet is how much less real money I spend on anything in game.  I probably spent $10-20 a month when smack in 4* land with different HfH or other offers.  But now that I play in 5*, those offers are basically worthless and I don't think I've spent any real money on this game in four months or so.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing I haven't read in this thread yet is how much less real money I spend on anything in game.  I probably spent $10-20 a month when smack in 4* land with different HfH or other offers.  But now that I play in 5*, those offers are basically worthless and I don't think I've spent any real money on this game in four months or so.
    There have been plenty of 5* character offers to spend on!*

* They did cost $75...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The best or fastest PVE team depends on the health pool of your enemies. I'll compare 3 teams that are all good but excel against different health pools: 

SCL 9 Team Options:

Boosted 5 Champ + 5*Thanos + Chavez with AP boost: regular match damage ~4K, critical matches ~16K. This team is best against low health pools with 1 enemy being 20K or less to trigger Thanos on the 1st or 2nd turn. But if that doesn't kill the other 2, then Thanos will trigger again the next turn, hurting Chavez even more.

Gritty + 5*Thanos: regular match damage scales each turn from 3K -> 6K -> 9K -> 12K, etc and the strike tiles boost Thanos damage too. This team is best against 20K to 30K health pools, winning in 4 turns triggering Thanos once.

Gritty + Medusa: turn damage scales rapidly with Medusa CD tile which double-dips on the buffed strikes: 3K -> 11K -> 17K -> 23K -> 29K. If you can match Medusa's CD tile on the 2nd turn, then it triple-dips on the buffed strikes: 3K -> 11K -> 25K -> 34K -> 43K. This team is best against 45K and above health pools. Since enemies this large are just in the 5e node, you can't form this team there, but this team is best in boss battles.

What about enemy health pools between 30K and 45K? Gritty-Thanos is slightly faster than Gritty-Dusa but it uses health packs. So, Gritty-Dusa is a very good alternative when you're low on health packs.

What about the essential nodes? Since the 2*, 3*, 4* nodes have lower health pools, Boosted 5* + Chavez or Thanos would be a little faster than Gritty. In the 5e node, Thorkoye would work just as well as Chavez+Thanos with the boosted 5e. Of course, Gritty also works in the 5e, but perhaps not as fast. 

What about Okoye+Medusa+3*Thanos? Even if you could match team up tiles every turn, it's not faster than the above teams, but since TU matches are unpredictable, it would ultimately be slower. Thorkoye-3*Thanos is a great team, just not quite as fast as the teams above, IMO. 
  • Daredevil217
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Also, after getting 4th by 4 points last time in Support Circuit I ended up FIRST this week by 2 points. Insane!  Pulled a 4* Hulking which is my only 4* support. I’ve heard it’s sort of a tinykitty support. Still I’m considering maxing it as I’ve actually never spent red iso and thus have enough to spare. I just don’t know who to put it on. I’m thinking maybe Kitty or DD? Or is leveling him a waste of Riso?

Powers are:

DD likes his strike tiles fortified too, so he's definitely not a bad choice. But the question is how much you use him?

If you want a good support for Kitty I see you have Avengers Tower at level 3, that is an excellent choice for Kitty. Kitty likes yellow AP, it can fortify tiles on a match alone, and if you make a match 4 it puts out more special tiles.

You should also level up Milano and put on Grocket. I assume you use them a lot too.

Yeah I think I’ll stick with Hulking on DD as he benefits from all 4 powers. And will max it out. I use him more in PVP where supports aren’t a thing than I do I PVE. In PVE he just gets paired with Thanos in some nodes because he can heal some of the court death damage. 

I love the idea of the tower on Kitty. She benefits from all three powers. 

I’m not seeing the Grocket/Milano synergy (mine is only level 2). What does one extra strike do for him. Wouldn’t he benefit more from an attack tile? (Element Guns or Chewie, both rank 1)

I have Covus, Maw and Proxima all rank 3 if any would be good with Thanos. 
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    OJSP said:
    He'll probably won't be as fast if he uses that team. Having said that, you're not wrong. It's just a matter of balancing health pack usage and speed. 
    May take longer, yes. I'm suggesting it purely on saving health packs though. Its the team I use in CL7 and I usually always finish in slightly under 30 mins and always finish top 5. How much that would change in 8, I'm not sure. 
    My Old Man Logan has a ways to go, but Daredevil gets the call as a third often to eat court death and sometimes second. As BBiggler pointed out, it really depends on the matchup. 

I’m spending the exact same. $2 a month for intercept rewards before and $2 a month now. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Powers are:

Yeah I think I’ll stick with Hulking on DD as he benefits from all 4 powers. And will max it out. I use him more in PVP where supports aren’t a thing than I do I PVE. In PVE he just gets paired with Thanos in some nodes because he can heal some of the court death damage. 

I love the idea of the tower on Kitty. She benefits from all three powers. 

I’m not seeing the Grocket/Milano synergy (mine is only level 2). What does one extra strike do for him. Wouldn’t he benefit more from an attack tile? (Element Guns or Chewie, both rank 1)

I have Covus, Maw and Proxima all rank 3 if any would be good with Thanos.

The main gain of Milano is the synergy perk- you get free damage if you put it on Grocket. Attack tiles could serve the same purpose I suppose but they are a bit slow for my taste.
    I like Corvus Glaive on Thanos, though Ebony Maw could work well too.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The Milano is weird, it seems like it's supposed to benefit gamora and rocket together, while being equipped on rocket. I have a 3* version on mine, it starts off with a 3-turn countdown that deals 1198/GotG on the team one time at lvl 150. At the start of the battle, I have a 45.1% chance to gain 3 black AP, and my base green damage is up by 84. If I had it, the rank 4 perk would have a similar chance of starting the battle with 3 purple ap, and then the rank 5 ups my yellow damage.

Usually I run 4ocket/5* Lord/Thano5 as my fast clear team on easy nodes, sometimes I switch Thano5 out for Kitty on harder nodes if I'm not using some kind of Okoye based team (or Gho5t Rider these days I guess...). Star Lord's Element Guns (also lvl 150) do a good job fortifying the strikes for the few turns it's important they be out. Typically that Milano CD goes off and kills somebody on turn 3 with good strikes out.
  • Daredevil217
    Options

So I feel pretty settled in at this point. Roster hasn’t really changed, and I’ve got my “selects” that I use all the time. Turns out that Jessica ended up being the odd woman out which I totally didn’t expect. She just doesn’t get a ton of play. I’ve been in hoard-mode for iso and latest pulls which is not a ton of fun. But I see the light at the end of the iso hoarding tunnel. Basically the plan is to collect 1.7 million (so I’m ready for the great Endgame hoard bust), and only spend (with few exceptions) after hitting that mark. So in about a week I believe I’ll hit my mark and finally have some “spending money”. 

Thanos is far and away the biggest godsend to my roster. I’m beyond happy that I chased him as he allows me to compete in PVE without catching a super late flip. 

In PVP Thorkoye is supreme. They allow you to just rack up wins in record time and you don’t have to use packs to do so. If I want to mindlessly grind wins, this is the team. 

But Daredevil is far and away my favorite character, which makes me really happy. 

True heal is probably my favorite power in the game because I like to play this game... A LOT... and don’t like using a ton of health packs to do so. The way in which Matt’s healing triggers is a unique/fun mechanic. I really really want God Doom because then I’d have both my favorite hero and villain, both with true heal!

My favorite pair for Matt is with Kitty, whom I purposely leave underleveled so Daredevil tanks yellow. I actually play the game puzzle-like (unlike the mindlessness of Thorkoye) where I try to match DD colors so he tanks and puts down strikes for buffing. I then decide when I want to cast Kitty yellow for the tanked AP collected. Not too soon because the strike factory will dry up. But once the protects are down and buffed I can chase all colors with no damage to the other two characters. Once DD starts stunning fools their AP just melts away.

This team is obviously slower than Thorkoye and Gritty, but it is way less healthpack intensive than the latter and doesn’t suffer if a bad cascade wipes out your strikes. It is however slower and worse on defense. Which is fine for me because more often than not I’ve just been playing wins-based (75) in PVP for fun while doing other stuff and going super competitive in PVE- where Daredevil also pairs great with Thanos as PVE cannon fodder. 

I’m just waiting for a 5* with a Gamora/Iceman-like stun to pair with him so he can have yet another partner to run with!

• Daredevil217
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Daredevil217 said:
    I’m just waiting for a 5* with a Gamora/Iceman-like stun to pair with him so he can have yet another partner to run with!
    What do you mean? Someone who can stun multiple turns or using blue AP to stun or with a cheap cost?

My favourite partner for DD is actually Civil War Cap. DD tanks yellow for Cap's best power: Stun, AoE, special tiles and lots of damage. While gathering AP, DD takes damage and makes more strike tiles. My third used to be Doc Ock, for rainbow coverage and a good stun on black that will turn to strike tiles. But, JJ works too for more offensive power.

Stun on blue: Spidey (both versions), Strange and Archangel. BSSM is useful again now and he has 2 stuns, green and blue. 
    I have none of those characters usable except Angel (just needs a ton of iso). I just know people have said DDs best partner is sadly a 4* in Gamora. Looking at the options just now, I can see why. 

Captain America (yellow): 10 AP, 2 turns (random)
    Dr. Strange (blue): 9 AP, 3 turns
    Archangel (blue): 11 AP, 2 turns
    Dr. Octopus (blue): 11 AP, 1 turn
    Black Suit Spider-Man (blue): 6 AP, 1 turn
    Black Suit Spider-Man (green): 14 AP, 4 turns
    PP Spider-Man (blue): 6 AP, 2 turns (if less than 4web tiles)
    Daredevil (purple): 9 AP, 2 turns

versus

Gamora (blue): 6 AP, 3 turns (+1 random)
    Iceman (blue): 6 AP, 4 turns

The color doesn’t matter as much as the length of the stun vs. AP cost. Gam/Bobby will knock you out quickly due to the cheap cost and for a decent length of time. A 5* stunner like this could make DD super viable against Gritty teams. Imagine stunning her before she ramps up and then stealing her tiles with his purple before she wakes up. He could also slow down and kill Thor before he can auto-generate AP. 

I get all those 5* stunners do other things for the high AP cost, but if we get a cheap pure stunner in 5* land, they will get played and make Matt way more of a force than he is. 

Btw, I do have Cable who may be an interesting option amidst the **** 5* stunners. 9 AP for 2 turns isn’t great, but you may be able to get more stuns depending on board conditions. Definately going to at least try this despite the green overlap and the fact Cable will tank most colors for me. 
  • Daredevil217
    Options

Btw, I do have Cable who may be an interesting option amidst the tinykitty 5* stunners. 9 AP for 2 turns isn’t great, but you may be able to get more stuns depending on board conditions. Definately going to at least try this despite the green overlap and the fact Cable will tank most colors for me. 
    Went ahead and tried it against a team above my weight class. My 452 DD and 459 Cable vs. 460+ Thor and 470+ Okoye.

Worked pretty well in Shuri’s event! Matt tanks Yellow/Purple. Shuri tanks Red. Cable tanks everything else. Basically stun their Shuri before you cast your Red and everything is 3 AP cheaper for you and more expensive for the opponent. She also fortifies all your yellow strikes. Here was the end result:

• Quebbster
    Options
    Another nice thing about G4mora as Daredevil's partner od that they both get bonuses against stunned enemies. If you are really mean you can add Blonde Widow as the third for both another color stun and another passive vs stunned enemies.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Not sure how useful it is, but Nata5ha has a passive counter stun as well