Punisher...to the Max!!!

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
Following the baffling news that 4* Punisher is the least used 4* I found this unacceptable.

Not only is 4* Punisher a murderous whirlwind of death, he has one of the best named PvP events ever!

I have decided that 4Pun will be part of my Deadpool Daily team every day until we can raise him up where he belongs (above Kingpin, seriously, Kingpin?!?!?).

Please join me in this murder-y quest for justice and 4Pun your DDQ today!

Comments

• mpqavsmpqavs
    mpqavsmpqavs Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Happy to hear that the discussion started by me made some impact.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    if u were serious u would use 4* pun on every team
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used him as Thanos fodder, just for you.  :D
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I was shocked by the results myself.
    Since I don't play PVP, the I first time ran up against him was in PVE Simulator.  He was brutal.  I lost just as many times as I tried to clear the nodes to get green check mark.  That was when I knew I had to have him. 
    Couple months later, I got his first cover.  Now, a few more months later, he sits at 2/2/0.  I know, dilution.
    I'm looking forward to champing him so I can crush mercilessly crush my opponent.  
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    That’s a disgrace! How can that be.

I will join you in using him on DDQ 🙂

maybe they will make him a feeder or something to get more people to use him 

I think a few of the new 4*s will drop down the order eventually after they stop getting made essential every other week 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    I agree that he shouldn't be the least used 4* but is it because 4* Punisher is not that easy to use, that's why he is the least used 4*? It is because sometime I find it hard to put into a team to fully utilize his full power. You probably need character that can generate green, black and strike tiles.
    Some of the teams that I can think of is below:

4* Punisher, Medusa, 3Daken

4* Punisher, Medusa,3*Blade

4* Punisher, Medusa, Nova(5/5/3)

4* Punisher, Medusa, Carnage

4* Punisher, C&D, IM40

4* Punisher, 3Daken, IM40

4* Punisher, 3Daken, Hood

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am pushing Day 1100, and I still don’t have him fully covered. For some reason he is a really rare drop for me. I’m at 5/4/2, and my Punish3r is level 210, so I’ll get there eventually. His deal seems cool though, would be good to use with 5* panther and Agent Venom maybe. Trigger move or be moved on two colors without eating court death?
  • DAZ0273
    if u were serious u would use 4* pun on every team
    I am serious but I never said make him the most used character, just make him used more than Kingpin!
  • DAZ0273
    wingX said:
    I agree that he shouldn't be the least used 4* but is it because 4* Punisher is not that easy to use, that's why he is the least used 4*? It is because sometime I find it hard to put into a team to fully utilize his full power. You probably need character that can generate green, black and strike tiles.

4* Punisher, C&D, IM40

This is true. To get the best you need to have his blue done and black ready to go before you fire green. I would still say his kit is no more limiting though than, say, Flaptain.
  • DAZ0273
    Aha! Perfect! The Big E today is giving out 3* Punisher covers, what would be more fitting than using Pun with the big guns to obtain! Murdery!
  • DAZ0273
    And to finish out a perfect day of punishment: the 3* Punisher cover gave me a 4* Punisher champ level cover. Frank-ly marvelous!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Following the baffling news that 4* Punisher is the least used 4* I found this unacceptable.

Not only is 4* Punisher a murderous whirlwind of death, he has one of the best named PvP events ever!

I have decided that 4Pun will be part of my Deadpool Daily team every day until we can raise him up where he belongs (above Kingpin, seriously, Kingpin?!?!?).

Please join me in this murder-y quest for justice and 4Pun your DDQ today!

I go one step beyond Punmax...

I use Bagman in the wave node of DDQ just to mess with metrics.  He and 2-star Human Torch are their own rainbow team.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where did you learn that MaxPun is the least used 4-star? I seem to have missed something.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Where did you learn that MaxPun is the least used 4-star? I seem to have missed something.
    In this thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76933/which-are-the-least-used-charecters-in-each-tier/p1

According to IceX, the least used characters in each tier are:
    1* Hawkeye (Classic)
    2* Moonstone
    3* Vision
    4* Punisher (Max)
    5* Wasp

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher so low is a shock to me. He was always rated so high in character rankings and I always thought he was vastly overrated on the forums. Glad I’m not the only one. I know HOW he works but the setup is too slow and he doesn’t have real great partners (even in a bloated tier of 80 plus) to help him along. Actually, Domino could be a good pairing. Someone who makes black without being a better outlet herself. Hmm. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    wingX said:

4* Punisher, C&D, IM40

I used him with IM40 and dazzler the other day. Apart from the lack of black ap generation, the billion strikes she can drop made his black extremely murdery. It was good fun
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    2*  Bagman not least used in his tier?

SHOCK
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    2*  Bagman not least used in his tier?

SHOCK
    No "limited" characters were counted (Yelena, Bagman, Dino, etc).
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Here's a link directly to the comment: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/858997/#Comment_858997

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I used Wa5p and 4Pun as a grill team this event. Needless to say, Frank did all the work.