Fantastic Four Celebration! *Updated (1/28/19)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two more Versus events at least, and a new character release... Right?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated post with more Week 2 details!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Guessing there will be 4 weeks total as that would take us through the now presumed 4* Namor.
    Even post celebration, it would be nice to get a 4* Human Torch since he's the only member of the Fantastic 4 without a 4* version.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Banner in the vault?, something new about him? :)
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So we can pretty much assume Namor is the 4* now, right? Does anyone know who the 4* will be required for the shield training?

@Brigby any clue on when that news will be released? I’m hoarding some ISO in anticipation to level characters to 209 that could be used elsewhere...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Banner is in there. I think there could be some surprise rework, if not... 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd hope if banner were getting reworked, then they would let us know, THEN give an opportunity to pull him.  If he's in a store, people pass because he's trash, then they rework him, that would suck.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So we can pretty much assume Namor is the 4* now, right? Does anyone know who the 4* will be required for the shield training?

@Brigby any clue on when that news will be released? I’m hoarding some ISO in anticipation to level characters to 209 that could be used elsewhere...
    I doubt this will be the case, but it should be Reed, Sue, and Ben, as a way to keep things as F4 as possible.
    Two weeks for them to see this and make it happen.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Banner hasn’t been in a new release store since Oct ‘17 with Thor.  I think it’s just his turn....don’t hold your breath on another 5* rework this soon.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are some details on the upcoming characters in this video just released by Marvel:

It shows some very short clips of Namor, and mentions Victorious as an upcoming character that should synergise with Doom.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Victorious is a Support.  The video says she helps Doom.  
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fingers crossed for a Banner re-work when Endgame hits theaters.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Found this on Marvel Quickdraw https://i.imgur.com/1z03CWj.jpg
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    A spear/fork user? I seen green, yellow and black. Charging tiles? Tiles destruction?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A spear/fork user? I seen green, yellow and black. Charging tiles? Tiles destruction?
    That's Victorious, champion of Latveria, and odds are she's Doom's support.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2019
    Options
    After watching the MPQ video, it does sound like she is a Support.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Have you seen any supports so far that add new art/animations to the actual game play though?  I've only ever seen supports add the occasional banner.
    I guess it is possible that they're revamping supports.  But a new character seems more likely.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Have you seen any supports so far that add new art/animations to the actual game play though?  I've only ever seen supports add the occasional banner.
    I guess it is possible that they're revamping supports.  But a new character seems more likely.
    I don't think that image is new art or animation or even anything to do with actual game play. I think it's the Support art thrown on an MPQ background for promotional purposes. In the actual game I don't expect it to be any different than Wong or Sharon Carter.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I agree Victorious may only be a support, check out MPQ's Fantastic Four variant cover coming in March which I hope to get https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/fantastic-four-world-s-greatest-week-reveals-four-fantastic-variant-covers
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xdogg said:
    While I agree Victorious may only be a support, check out MPQ's Fantastic Four variant cover coming in March which I hope to get https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/fantastic-four-world-s-greatest-week-reveals-four-fantastic-variant-covers
    In the Future Fight one, Reed looks suspiciously like he was modeled on a picture of Riker from ST:TNG.