Fantastic Four Celebration! *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    I don't post often anymore, but as others have said, I find the need to rebalance Mr. Fantastic really odd and really wonder where character rebalancing priorities lie.

• once again as others have said, Thing is super boring
    • X23 is SUPER boring and in dire need of ability updating to her green and purple to make her smoother and functional.
    • Quake could use some extra effects on either her blue or green to maybe make her more support-ish, right now she's just a super generic team damage shield with some team damage.
    • XF Wolverine is still trash, I've had people debate this with me before, but he is no matter what you think.
    • Kingpin just needs his Black power to be usable w/o having to have at least 1 countdown tile out, that change really hurt him, it was enough that you raised his cost from 6 to 8.
    • Emma Frost......just redo her
    • Kraven needs his Blue power reworked, just a straight up bad power with no redeeming qualities.

Getting character balancing done, even just the little ones, has always felt like pulling teeth. Before anyone says it, I'm aware of the 5* Doc Oct balancing they did, but changes are usually so, so far between each other.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    Waiting for Namor to have a passive called King of the Sea that makes him immune to whales. Look out, Deadpool!
    If Namor could talk to fish, he could definitely have a Counter-Whale power and make the whales hit DP’s team instead.  Once he had a horn that commanded giant sea monsters.  Maybe....
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    MegaBee said:
    Waiting for Namor to have a passive called King of the Sea that makes him immune to whales. Look out, Deadpool!
    If Namor could talk to fish, he could definitely have a Counter-Whale power and make the whales hit DP’s team instead.  Once he had a horn that commanded giant sea monsters.  Maybe....
    If there's any justice in the world, they'll make the Sea Horn as a support with synergy for Namor AND Doom.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I think Reed just so happens to hit some points for this whole fantastic 4 week event. As he's probably the only actual member that's going to be changed or released during this week. 

Otherwise wise mpq wouldn't really fall I to the FF4 theme they are going for this week.

Reed rebalance allows them to do that and along with that do a rebalance. As before Medusa A lot of people were still complaining about Reed being meh even after his change. (Although he was much better)
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Reed being rebalanced during GOD Doom’s release, I smell a nerf 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is there any chance of them running System Reboot to go with the rebalance?  IIRC, this is the first 4* rebalance since it was run last.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    In anticipation of Namor, I dug up this april fool's power contest entry I made once (slightly edited but still way too elaborate :smiley: ). If I remember correctly, I did design a full power set, one where Namor would gain a bonus when running him with IW, but that seems to be lost.

Namor (Civil War) ( cover pic5 Star Rarity (Epic)

Aquatic Wrath - bluetilepng passive
    Insulted by the fact that after 2 years, Namor is still denied a role in MPQ, the King of Atlantis decides it's time to flood the world of the surface dwellers. Using an ancient Atlantean device of mysterious origin, he starts submerging the battlefield...

(Passive) At the beginning of each turn, place 1 blue tile on the board. If there are 15 or more blue tiles on the board, Namor's team gains the upper hand: all blue matches will damage the entire enemy team instead of just the current target. Whenever a blue match is made, Namor's aquatic healing kicks in for 549.

Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Place 2 blue tiles. Blue matches heal Namor for 664. Level 3: Require 14 blue tiles for team damage. Level 4: Gain an additional passive: when Namor's team makes a blue match-4 or greater, his superior swimming speed allows him to swiftly strike for an additional 750 damage.Level 5: Place 3 blue tiles. Require 13 blue tiles for team damage. Additional passive: When Namor's team makes a blue match-5, Namor's plan come to fruition and the entire board transforms into blue tiles!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guys n Gals - I know we are all perplexed at Mr. F's rebalance and want other characters instead but I think we really need to accept that complaining or requesting such in a thread that is devoted to a week of Fantastic Four-ness is probably not going to achieve much. We are getting Reed and we will just have to accept it.

That said, what with 2 rebalances now in the last few weeks maybe this is a good time for a new thread devoted to which characters the forum think most need it and why?

Just a thought.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    MegaBee said:
    Whales aren't fish.
  • DAZ0273
    OJSP said:
    Very nice Alternate covers. Can we make them permanent?
    I love Torch's one and Sue and Ben are pretty good but not a fan of beardy Reed.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Can you tell us if Doom and Namor are 4s or 5s?

(or rather, who is a 4 and who is a 5?)
    Both are 5s that will be released simultaneously, in the vein of First Avenger Steve and IM46!

I'd love to see the storm here on the forums if that were actually to be the case.
    Our alliance joked about that, as an excuse to release Namor as a 3/5, one classic, and one "modern" (aka "with pants").

@Brigby

Can you tell us if Doom and Namor are 4s or 5s?

(or rather, who is a 4 and who is a 5?)
    Both are 5s that will be released simultaneously, in the vein of First Avenger Steve and IM46!

I'd love to see the storm here on the forums if that were actually to be the case.
    Oh, poop, we're going to get the Alliance Civil War event (now called Civil War II) with tokens for the vault featuring one of these two 5-stars as top rewards for the event, aren't we?
    ... and our alliance joked about THAT in regards to future releases. Everyone expects a 5* Captain Marvel for her movie, so go for a new 5* Iron Man for Avengers: Endgame (since they did a second Cap for Infinity War and a second Spidey for Homecoming), and then use the new 5* Captain Marvel and Iron Man as the basis for new bosses and new teams for a "Civil War II" (mostly just an excuse to add variety to who you fight).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just thought I'd toss out that the Marvel.com article for Puzzle Quest's Fantastic 4 Week tie in squarely mentions that Victorious is going to be playable as well:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-welcomes-marvel-s-first-family-with-fantastic-four-world-s-greatest-week

I wasn't familiar with that character, but he seems to be attached to The Runaways, and is somehow a child of Ultron?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Mancha
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find this interesting or maybe I'm reading too much into it:
    For the first time, all four Fantastic Four characters will be able to square off against God Emperor Doom and Victorious.

Will there be a 4 vs 2 boss battle?

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just thought I'd toss out that the Marvel.com article for Puzzle Quest's Fantastic 4 Week tie in squarely mentions that Victorious is going to be playable as well:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-welcomes-marvel-s-first-family-with-fantastic-four-world-s-greatest-week

I wasn't familiar with that character, but he seems to be attached to The Runaways, and is somehow a child of Ultron?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Mancha
    Actually the wiring wording is ambiguous, no surprise really.

For the first time, all four Fantastic Four characters will be able to square off against God Emperor Doom and Victorious.

It doesn't say we'll play them but against them. Assuming Victorious a playable is at best a guess
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoping Doom would come in with a new event, so I’d be fine with that too
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    If he's a child of Ultron then it could just be a virtual re-skin of the Ultron boss event, I guess, but hopefully it's at least a bit more than that. We already have two confirmed new playable characters in Doom and Namor so it'd be a bit of a rush to cram in a third unless they're really going to stretch this Fantastic Four thing out for some time.
  • DAZ0273
    Poor Thing. Playing his PvP really rams home how old and completely behind the curve he is. I guess having a stun on a colour that isn't blue is sort's something but otherwise, Wotta Revoltin' Development.