Fantastic Four Celebration! *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    While I like Reed as-is, I've never understood why Reed burst heals. His stun makes sense, as he can wrap fools up with his stretchy bod. Defense tiles make sense, again because of his elastic powers. And the Imaginaut is a perfect representation of his big brain. But healing (others)? I never got it.
    It makes as much sense as burst heals from Kamala.  If you don't think of a character's health as literal ability to absorb damage but as the ability to stay in the fight, then I guess there's an argument to be made that Reed's intellect lets him take a deteriorating situation (loss of tile assets) and either inspire/engineer a way to keep his teammates in it.  (No-Prize, please)
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Interesting, I hadn't put any thought into Bishop to realize the Mr F connection. 7 blue ap to create 2 shields, which Bishop turns into 3 blue ap. Not really winfinite, so I wonder how important that was in their decision to rebalance him.
    But still, happy for reworks and feeders! Would like a Silver Surfer buff now that I'll have him at 4/4/4
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one nervous about a Mr. Fantastic rebalance?  I sort of like Stretcho the way he is right now, especially when teamed up with Shuri.
    Im worried as well, I'd really be surprised if this was a buff because he got one before.

Let's see how worse they can make him, he's already not that good so brace yourselves everyone!
  • chrisH
    chrisH Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Mr F is not a power player in PvP or PvE but I could think of a dozen characters that need reworks before him. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely agree that Thing needed it. He is supposed to feel like a powerhouse but he hits like a marshmallow.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only one nervous about a Mr. Fantastic rebalance?  I sort of like Stretcho the way he is right now, especially when teamed up with Shuri.
    Yeah, I think Mr Fantastic (who already got a rebalance before) is already pretty decent right now. If they are going to rebalance anyone of the F4 lot they should have done the Thing.
    Jeez, 100% this. Mr Fantastic, while not meta defining, is a really solid 4* with the right team. His black is really good.
    Thing on the other hand is just a big boulder of boring.
    Yeah, I am really worried that they are going to "Kingpin" him.  I mean old KP wasn't OP at all, but they "improved" him and made him suck so much...

Also, to the people hypothesizing that it's an interaction w/Bishop, if that's the case, devs please just change Bishop instead.  He does seem a bit OP...

As for think, easy fix, just make his powers either cost less or more damage and keep the ap cost.  Also, add some damage mitigation to his yellow and he's all of the sudden mid-tier...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    chrisH said:
    Mr F is not a power player in PvP or PvE but I could think of a dozen characters that need reworks before him. 
    Carnage/Mr. F/Medusa is a great defensive team in simulator if you've never gone up against it. So much indidental healing going on, it's really obnoxious.

Maybe they're going to give him some 4ocket-esque FF affiliation bonus? That could be pretty cool.

I also agree that Thing could use a refresh - his jump-in-front is pretty cool, but red and green are really expensive and outdated. His Green is identical to Rogue's red, except it doesn't gather AP like hers does and might be slightly more expensive? didn't check
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Like other people said I kind of like mr f the way he is now, maybe Black could give better damage. Him medusa and carnage were great for me when I was mainly using 4*
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Straycat said:
    Interesting, I hadn't put any thought into Bishop to realize the Mr F connection. 7 blue ap to create 2 shields, which Bishop turns into 3 blue ap. Not really winfinite, so I wonder how important that was in their decision to rebalance him.
    But still, happy for reworks and feeders! Would like a Silver Surfer buff now that I'll have him at 4/4/4
    I couldn't figure out the synergy either until your comment. So, Mr F creates two fortified shield tiles. Then Bishop's power removes two -- which in this case only removes their fortification (I think; am I right?). Thus you still have two shield tiles remaining and the next round you get another 3 blue AP. That's a lot closer to self-sustaining...

But c'mon, if this was such a dreadfully game-breaking reality -- and is such a thing even possible if originating from the 4* tier? -- don't you think it would be common knowledge, hotly debated on the forum already? Of course it would be.

To me, this seems likely to be a buff with the intention of bringing one of the premier, deepest-legacy Marvel properties up to top-tier code. Invisible Woman's buff made her pretty awesome and maybe they'd like Reed to be her partner rather than just her beard...
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, if this is to break the Bishop and Mr F combo, that's really really dumb and will likely ruin what is only a mediocre hero.  The easiest way to fix the combo is to change Bishops yellow to create 3 defense tiles and require 3 defense tiles to trigger the passive.  That way Bishop remains as effective as he ever was and Mr F now needs to fire his blue twice to get the free AP.  Spending 14 and getting 3 back is nowhere near as game breaking as spending 7 and getting 3 back.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Straycat said:
    I couldn't figure out the synergy either until your comment. So, Mr F creates two fortified shield tiles. Then Bishop's power removes two -- which in this case only removes their fortification (I think; am I right?). Thus you still have two shield tiles remaining and the next round you get another 3 blue AP. That's a lot closer to self-sustaining...

And add in the healing and I see it also. My Bishop was Def too low level when I tried this for it to make any real impact.

It is hardly OML yellow or Gambatt levels of Over powered though.

Maybe they just have something really cool up their sleeves.

Just not another Kingpin...
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Can we work on The Thing next? 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    GOD EMPEROR DOOM!

FINALLY!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:

Nah it just removes the shields and leaves a fortified basic tile.
    Still, he wasn't that good, hopefully they make him better even if it removes a synergy that few would have been able to experience.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    GOD EMPEROR DOOM!

FINALLY!
    Unfortunately, now we have to question: Will God Doom be an actual character, or just the next in app purchase for a PNG costume?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    GOD EMPEROR DOOM!

FINALLY!
    Unfortunately, now we have to question: Will God Doom be an actual character, or just the next in app purchase for a PNG costume?
    Wording implies full characters. Though based on the app icon, it might require an in-app purchase to get a version of Namor who wears clothes...
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I actually like Reed 4, he has his uses.

I'd rather a 5 Phoenix change or 4 Bucky/drax change. But hey I'm game for all rebalances long as it isn't kingpin style
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    If anyone can buck the villain power-level curse and 'pull a Thanos', it surely must be God Emperor Doom.  B)
    Excited to see what Namor brings too!