D3: STOP AND TAKE STOCK

124»

Comments

• Someone else posted this in the General Discussion threads, but I feel like it should be added here:

D3, please watch this informative Youtube video on how to do FTP right (and learn why you're doing it wrong): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0
  • Signed, 100 5deadlies.
    My line in the sand was crossed when they refused to give alliance rewards to people who switched alliances a day after event had ended. People quit the game over this, and this lack of customer service is unacceptable.
  • caprion1
    caprion1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Signed. Mainly to register my distaste for D3's latest changes since I won't be sticking around.

Every. single. change. lately made the game less fun to play and more about grinding and searching for more $$$.

I've enjoyed the underlying game mechanics, just not what has been done to them lately. I haven't been very prolific on the forums, but to everyone, I've enjoyed the comraderie, suggestions and even the nonsense on here. Thanks.

I just informed my fellow Scavengers I will be leaving the game after season 1. Shout out to them for making the game a bit more enjoyable and making me want to stick it out this long.

Good luck to everyone who stays. I just can't see the game getting better, just worse (especially for veterans).
  • FadeToOne
    FadeToOne Posts: 25
    HailMary wrote:
    As for "it's good to work for what you need", a lot of the people who've chimed in here (myself included) are able to still consistently get Top 10 in PVPs (I just took #1 in the Uberdaken event, thankyouverymuch). Instead of strawmanning the core argument here with a "you just don't like it, so you're just whining cuz y'all are all lazy little whiners who whine all whiny-like, whinoceroses," perhaps you might want to actually read the OP, or TU1's crazy-scaling thread, or one of Clintman's recent suggestion threads. While I can understand the newbie-incentivization intent behind the new longevity-based bracketing, calling it a win-win is utterly laughable. Veterans needing to hit 1000, minimum, to get Top 10 while relative newbies can win a bracket with 760 is bulls--- when rewards are exactly the same across all brackets.

I came here to look for something like this. I'm not terribly concerned about individual PvP events, but when you look at season 1 as a whole, it highlights something very wrong with the reward system.

I just had a member of my alliance tell me he placed 24th in season 1. That's good for 2 heroic 10 packs. He had 7510 points. Meanwhile, I had 10794 and placed 129th in my bracket. I get 4 heroic tokens. Certainly nothing against my alliance member, but he gets 16 more heroic tokens for playing less. Let's call that an average of 4 or 5 single PvP events of work in difference. On what planet is that fair?

Clearly the longevity idea only works reasonably (if you can even say that) on a smaller scale. Round robin bracketing would make much more sense, programmatic issues involved with that aside. Alternatively, multiply rewards by number of days played, or something of that nature.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    FadeToOne wrote:
    I just had a member of my alliance tell me he placed 24th in season 1. That's good for 2 heroic 10 packs. He had 7510 points. Meanwhile, I had 10794 and placed 129th in my bracket. I get 4 heroic tokens. Certainly nothing against my alliance member, but he gets 16 more heroic tokens for playing less. Let's call that an average of 4 or 5 single PvP events of work in difference. On what planet is that fair?

Clearly the longevity idea only works reasonably (if you can even say that) on a smaller scale. Round robin bracketing would make much more sense, programmatic issues involved with that aside. Alternatively, multiply rewards by number of days played, or something of that nature.
    Whoa, I wasn't aware that Season placement was also bracketed according to longevity. While the actual heroic packs are less important to players well into their 2*-3* transition or already fielding a few L141s (so, pragmatically, I'm pretty "meh" about it), it still sucks that longevity-based bracketing was extended all the way to Season placement.
  • That's very sad for you FadetoOne, and really unfair. I ranked 23rd with 13618 points. About the same as your fellow Alliance member.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    FadeToOne wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    I just had a member of my alliance tell me he placed 24th in season 1. That's good for 2 heroic 10 packs. He had 7510 points. Meanwhile, I had 10794 and placed 129th in my bracket. I get 4 heroic tokens.

I finished with 10747 points at #100. #1 in my bracket had 16882 points and is a member of S.H.I.E.L.D
    Not sure if that info can help anyone decipher this ranking system better.
  • I finished with 7774 points, good for 324th... 1st was 17239. I'm a 2 star team, probably in middle of progression. I've been playing a little over 2 months. I worked hard to get there and got an ok reward. My reward is season 2 is virtually unplayable.

Tough pill to swallow.
  • FadeToOne
    FadeToOne Posts: 25
    Okay, even better example. The guy at the bottom of my alliance had about 3000 points and placed 9th in his bracket. Wow.
  • Please keep posts on original topic. This is not a discussion thread. Thanks.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Signed. I've defended the game and the devs time and again against what I found to be unjustified attacks. But now, even I feel that many of the most recent changes made the game less fun instead of more, like they should. Puny rewards in season/progression, ongoing reward problems with unsatisfactory resolutions, changes to punish successful players time and again...it's just getting more one more work-ish to play MPQ, and that's really sad
  • Signed. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.