Last Chance For Lady Deadpool Costume + New Costume *Updated (1/4/19)

13»

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I was going to do VIP this month anyway, pleased that it’s that cover 

bit confusing to have a 3* costume for a 5* character but never mind 

hopefully there will
    be more costumes available via the VIP
     renewal 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby how long will this new costume be available? I just renewed my VIP and missed it by just one day (got refunded 500 hp for my dupe Deadpool costume).
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Can there be an option for VIP 
    a) with costume
    b) without costume
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve111 said:
    Can there be an option for VIP 
    a) with costume
    b) without costume
    Like a discounted VIP or something?  They are charging the same for VIP now as before. Just adding costumes to the rewards, for free.  Now, whether you think normal VIP rewards are worth it is another question.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    So this is the first case of a costume's rarity not equalling the character's rarity.  What does this even mean if each costume is only available for a limited time, and offered in a different way?
    I’m guessing it’s something like this:
    1* - Given away freely (login bonus or placement reward or something)
    2* - Available in a vault. 
    3* - Available in VIP. 
    4* - A reasonably priced H4H offer. 
    5* - A ridiculously priced H4H offer (like $75). 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    jamesh said:
    So this is the first case of a costume's rarity not equalling the character's rarity.  What does this even mean if each costume is only available for a limited time, and offered in a different way?
    I’m guessing it’s something like this:
    1* - Given away freely (login bonus or placement reward or something)
    2* - Available in a vault. 
    3* - Available in VIP. 
    4* - A reasonably priced H4H offer. 
    5* - A ridiculously priced H4H offer (like $75). 
    Except that doesn't match the existing releases they've done.  Luke Cage was a 4* rarity costume released in a vault (purchasable for HP).  Kamala Kahn was a 3* rarity costume only available for real money.
    As others have said, I suspect the main reason for the change here was to keep the duplicate costume buy-back price low for those who can purchase VIP twice while this costume is available.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate everything about this.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'm trying to figure out a way to rhyme "sucker" with "peacock."
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bzhai said:
    Brigby how long will this new costume be available? I just renewed my VIP and missed it by just one day (got refunded 500 hp for my dupe Deadpool costume).
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I'm unaware as to how long the costume will be available for.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Brigby said:
    Apologies, but I'm afraid I'm unaware as to how long the costume will be available for.
    Haven't seen anyone else bring it up so I submitted a ticket and opened a thread in Bugs (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76839/doc-ock-costume-not-received/p1?new=1).  I haven't received the Doc Ock costume despite renewing my VIP.  My alliance was awarded the 1CP for my renewal (renewed about 8 hours ago).  The costume for my 5* Ock remains locked.  I submitted relevant screenshots to the ticket.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Haven't seen anyone else bring it up so I submitted a ticket and opened a thread in Bugs (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76839/doc-ock-costume-not-received/p1?new=1).  I haven't received the Doc Ock costume despite renewing my VIP.  My alliance was awarded the 1CP for my renewal (renewed about 8 hours ago).  The costume for my 5* Ock remains locked.  I submitted relevant screenshots to the ticket.

When did you renew? Just today, or more then one day ago? Because I'm pretty sure the costume takes the place of the Day 1 reward, which means you have to wait for that to come around. You don't get it instantly upon renewal, just the LT and CP for your alliance. 
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby said:

When did you renew? Just today, or more then one day ago? Because I'm pretty sure the costume takes the place of the Day 1 reward, which means you have to wait for that to come around. You don't get it instantly upon renewal, just the LT and CP for your alliance. 
    Yeah you're right, I see it as the VIP day one reward.  Thanks DeVo!