Last Chance For Lady Deadpool Costume + New Costume *Updated (1/4/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Today is your last chance to snag the Lady Deadpool Costume when you purchase V.I.P., so if you think all that hack-n-slash, pew-pew action looks better when the "Merc with the Mouth" is rocking a ponytail, then act quick!
Lady Deadpool is no longer available as a reward in V.I.P.. We hope those of you that were able to snag the Costume are enjoying it!

On top of that, we're revealing a brand new Costume today that will be added into V.I.P. 

Superior Octopus

• Costume: Superior Octopus
  • Costume Character: 5-Star Doctor Octopus (Classic)
  • Costume Rarity: 3-Star
  • Availability: Starting on 1/4/19
  • Duplicate Reward: 500 Hero Points

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sure is nice for people that have the right renewal period to get 500hp free. I am going to miss a second Lady Deadpool by about 3 days.  If only, 2 years ago, I had not waited a few days to jump into VIP. I have been a member ever since....

I hope the next costume period is a little longer so I can take advantage of a dupe costume as well.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe X-Force X-23 costume? Hmm, classic Valkyrie? Old-style Luke Cage with hair and the metal headband? Wait, we have a Thing Vesus coming up potentially. Guardians of the Galaxy Thing? So many possibilities.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    They want your $100 now though, just in case the game isn't around tomorrow morning. McDonalds will always be around tomorrow morning. 

Its just plain lunacy the offers these costumes get attached to but makes it very easy to say no. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Suddenly I feel less inclined to buy VIP
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Will be interesting to see if a pattern emerges for star rating of costumes (outside of 5* = $75) - if it's another VIP 3* costume, I'm going to guess a new Iron Man suit.
    He has an easy silhouette to work with, and I suspect it's not a coincidence the 1st two 3* costume characters were top tier ones.  :)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am hoping for a new Devil Dino costume. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would wait for them to roll out the first 10 unique costumes before making a move. The first four costumes were based on:
    1) VIP bundle 2) character bundle 3) vault clear or lucky pull 4) whales bundle

What else is left?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt they'd include a costume for a vintage 5* here: presumably they want something that most VIP subscribers will actually be able to use, and picking a near unobtainable character doesn't fit the bill.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    I am hoping for a new Devil Dino costume. 
    Maybe something like this?

(That's Raptor Jesus, but the closest I could get...)
  • Bobby_McObvious
    Bobby_McObvious Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm not sure why people complain about the price of a purely cosmetic upgrade. If you want to blow the money, go for it; if you don't, it isn't going to hurt your competitiveness, and any purchases keep the game afloat longer.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure why people complain about the price of a purely cosmetic upgrade. If you want to blow the money, go for it; if you don't, it isn't going to hurt your competitiveness, and any purchases keep the game afloat longer.
    Nobody is denying them their right to make an extra buck. However, the way they place it is cash-grabby and is (okay, we don't have their sales numbers:) seems inefficient because of the high price point and limited availability. 

"Hey, want this Thor skin? Cool, just buy this $75 bundle we're only offering this week and you'll get it. "

Yeah, most players will just shake their head and skip that. And the Thor junkie that just MUST have that costume, but didn't log in that week? Tough luck.

As I already mentioned in the costumes feature release thread, they can go at it a lot simpler. Just add an in-game skin store and offer skins for a few bucks ($1-$5?) that you can purchase whenever you want. Super easy and accessible, simple to add new stuff to, and wallet friendly. And because of that probably more players will buy costumes too.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the Thor cover, and I would have bought it at a reasonable price. £3. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been surprised the amount of casual rosters I've seen with that Thor skin. I'd perhaps go as high as 10p, 25p if I was feeling flush but I don't care what they charge for them, the market will dictate if the price stays the way the model is currently. Don't like it stop spending. I prefer this junk though over a pay to win model.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    I've been surprised the amount of casual rosters I've seen with that Thor skin. I'd perhaps go as high as 10p, 25p if I was feeling flush but I don't care what they charge for them, the market will dictate if the price stays the way the model is currently. Don't like it stop spending. I prefer this junk though over a pay to win model.
    I
     wonder how many casual players bought it thinking a Thor cover was included...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new costume for VIP is Superior Ock for the 5*, seen in game on offer by people who are not VIP members currently.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Nobody is denying them their right to make an extra buck. However, the way they place it is cash-grabby and is (okay, we don't have their sales numbers:) seems inefficient because of the high price point and limited availability. 

"Hey, want this Thor skin? Cool, just buy this $75 bundle we're only offering this week and you'll get it. "

Yeah, most players will just shake their head and skip that. And the Thor junkie that just MUST have that costume, but didn't log in that week? Tough luck.

As I already mentioned in the costumes feature release thread, they can go at it a lot simpler. Just add an in-game skin store and offer skins for a few bucks ($1-$5?) that you can purchase whenever you want. Super easy and accessible, simple to add new stuff to, and wallet friendly. And because of that probably more players will buy costumes too.
    well antecodtally, the costume is selling quite well.  Its a solid 1/3 to 1/4 of all the 5* thors out there now.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd have liked the Thor costume more if his lips were closed. His guppy mouth makes him look kinda gormless and also toothless.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought VIP for the first time (using Google Survey $) just for the Lady Deadpool costume. Prior to that I bought the Cage vault for his costume. The price point for both was right (extra HP I had and now free money from Google).

I would not pay $75 for a Thor costume but like many other here I would definitely pay $2-3 for costumes of characters I liked.

I think the goal with the expensive costumes is a status symbol. If you bought it you don't want everyone else to have one too. Sort of like buying a Rolex watch vs a $10 watch.

KGB
  • thorrium
    thorrium Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I am playing pvp at scl 7-9 (depending on how much time I got to get my 900points/wins).
    And I have seen zero special thors, ZERO.

I actually got the first 3 costumes, I got the cage one in my 2nd pull, I got the VIP because I see it as an okay monthly sub to pay... and I got the bundle because (I can't remember okay, I just know I have the costume, I hope there was great value).

But I will never pay 80 euro for a costume in a mobile game.  That is as close to insanity as anything ever will get.  I am a big fan of DeNappa's idea of a skinshop, heck it would have fitted in with the rest of the games "mentality".

(f2p, with option to get your roster slots faster, but that still keeps you against other people of the same MMR -
    Now by extension I mean that, the skins are a small bonus that don't matter, let people purchase them if they want, or let us buy them out with HP, like roster-slots)....

I don't know that is happening, but there seem to have been a big shift in how monetary offers are being handled over the last 6-8 months.
    Did they hire a new CFO (or something of that nature?), because this feeds into my paranoia that the game is getting shut down.