Teams vs Kitty and Grocket

13»

Comments

• _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Rosraf said:
    Okoye + 4Dpool rips through grockitty in no time.  Okoye tanks (and heals) while 4Dpool retaliates early and often. 

Also, would a 3* Loki teamup help by just flipping the strike tiles to shields?
    Meh, you really want to avoid using TUs if you have Okoye. Also, Loki's black TU is pretty costy (11 ap).
  • _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    Fought Kitty 453, Medusa 276, Rocket 280 with Rulk 370, Carol 367, Valkyrie 322. After making the first match to get rid of 2 of their strike tiles, their first turn cascades dropped Rulk’s health from 37.9k to 11k. He saw red and destroyed everything (almost). Kitty and Medusa were downed and there were 18.8k worth of strike tiles on the board. Rocket’s full health was 14.5k.. The match ended in 2 turns.. I like fighting Kitty :lol:
    My 4*s are roughly 30 levels lower and I got smashed against similar teams, rulk dies too soon. :(
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    _Vitto said:
    My 4*s are roughly 30 levels lower and I got smashed against similar teams, rulk dies too soon. :(
    Yeah, unfortunately he needs to be a bit bulky.. if not, we need a really good board where we could match away a few strike tiles in the first turn (you also want him to have the highest level so Carol and Valkyrie’s CD makes red APs :wink: With Carol being the strongest in your team, they won’t have the same synergy)
    **** -- I was also trounced. Especially with Carol >300, 280s Valkyrie, and 270s Rulk. Was worth a try...

Gonna try the Okoye, Drax, and 4Dpool.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Who is the best partner for Kitty/Grocket in PVE, in Shield Sim, for 4* players, and for 5* players?
    Medusa is great.  Gamora is good, because she is a GOTG(Guardian of the Galaxy) she can boost the initial rocket strike tiles and she can generate a bunch of tiles to help kitty if others are destroyed.  Carnage is good and guarantees Kitty will have something to boost and also trigger her countdown tile. Nico Minoru because that is even more boosting of strike tiles and she is versatile. 
    Cheap tile generators. This is important to maintain Kitty's yellow.
    Nova is good because he can create powerful tiles cheap and disable an opponent by sending them airborne.
    Wasp is good because her yellow can create cheap tiles and amplify some.
    Blade.. Just takes a bunch of red on the board, and he is versatile.

Keep in mind, the strategy to defeat this team is to kill kitty first and destroy strike tiles. Two others are fun Rogue who is a member of the X-men which helps kitty's yellow, and will delay the battle allowing those strike tiles, to build up more. Valkyrie who passively can generate even more strike tiles when damage to allies is done.  
    Finally there is cloak and dagger. The yellow can remove up to five opposing enemy tiles and the black passive can create attack tiles which helps maintain kitty's ability. 

Five star land
    1/2 health Thor.  
    1/2 health Daredevil.  Generates tiles and heals.
    Jessica Jones.  Good defense Oh and her red can generate lots of tiles.
    Starlord because he is a GOTG(Guardian of the Galaxy) he can boost the initial rocket strike tiles.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hobofist is also amazing with Kitty/Grocket. His cheap blue will start fortifying things. I also make sure to run Kitty with Element Gun support, which can fortify more tiles on her matches. I rarely loose too many strikes running those three, which can be useful against tile-moving opponents.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

Rogue who is a member of the X-men which helps kitty's yellow, and will delay the battle allowing those strike tiles, to build up more.

I can't believe I didn't think of this.  It doesn't do much for PVE speed, but in terms of PVP (Sim) defense, that is a GREAT combo.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasp's Yellow doesn't help Grockitty. When strikes are out, it doesn't create more strikes, but flips them to protect tiles. The other partner suggestions are good though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Hobofist is also amazing with Kitty/Grocket. His cheap blue will start fortifying things. I also make sure to run Kitty with Element Gun support, which can fortify more tiles on her matches. I rarely loose too many strikes running those three, which can be useful against tile-moving opponents.
    Thank you for the recommendation for the Element Guns. Those really help keep enough Strikes around for Phase and Conquer to keep triggering.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    Thank you for the recommendation for the Element Guns. Those really help keep enough Strikes around for Phase and Conquer to keep triggering.
    My Element Guns is only 2*, so I don’t get the fortification function.  I had used Quinjet, but at 1*/level 50 that has a 9.92 % chance of a strike tile only after Kitty’s yellow matches.

However, I do have 3* Chimichanga with 34.74% chance of fortification at the start of the turn, so I’ve switched to it and will see how things go.

And my HoboFist covers are slowly accumulating too :)  Thanks for the tips.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    For PvE, against tile movers, I've had fun putting Kitty/Rocket with Lockjaw.  You know the computer cant help but match your tiles 80% of the time.  It just helps speed things up, and negates whatever damage they were doing then too.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I've been having fun using prowler against these teams, definitely take some damage though.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been having fun using prowler against these teams, definitely take some damage though.
    Black suit spidey with prowler would negate the damage vs kitty and grocket. Still would need to get rid of kitty pretty quick so her purple doesn't eat all your lovely stollen goods.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Bishop (5/5/3) Peggy (5/3/5) Deadpool (3/5/5) is a fast and fun way to beat Kitty/R&G in 4* mmr. More often than not, Bishop generates enough blue for Peggy by turn 2 (and almost always by turn 3). Deadpool and Bishop passives take down the unstunned character rather quickly and then you can take control of the game. Seems to require one health pack on Bishop per battle (the other characters rarely take damage). Works pretty well against any sufficiently high level 5* or R&G based team. It's also amazing on defense (getting quite a few defensive wins).
    I used Kitty and Grocket team ran into this team without thinking. Peggy used her blue by turn 2 and that's when I knew I was dead lol. So yes, this team is a great counter.