Teams vs Kitty and Grocket

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:
    Now what would you do against Carnage + Kitty?.....the never ending supply of friendly specials?
    Medusa is useful to heal, make AP and steal said tiles. For the other character, perhaps OML or Daredevil. I’ll let you know when I see that team. So far I haven’t seen that pairing yet.
    Medusa is the normal counter to Carnage, but Kitty puts him on steroids. Medusa would work, but her healing would be insufficient for all the buffing. Plus, when she steals, she may only get half of the buffed attack tiles. So, the buffing continues until you down Kitty. The end result is a win, but you'll need at least 1 health pack, I think.
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    bbigler said:
    Her usefulness is great now and can only improve with better 5* pairings. I'll admit Grockitty isn't as good as Thorkoye in PVP, but it's still a killer combo for 4* players. It's the only team that I skip.
    I just got 8 defensive wins (0 losses) in Porcine of Interest with my Grockitty + 1/1/2 Spider-Ham, earning me 91 points. This might be the best defensive team there is right now. I surely skip 'm too and haven't really seen a team mentioned in this topic that would be effective without the need of health packs. Downside of using Grockitty in the offense is that they are health pack heavy too, if it makes any hapless attacker feel better.

In Simulator they are even better: pairing them with 1/2 Thor is absolute mayhem (in pve too, obviously). For the last 300 points up to the 2K mark in Sim, about 80% of the teams I encountered were Grockitty + Medusa, but I really do prefer Thor on this team. Skipped 100% of those teams by the way, sorry for the poor sod with any other team that I might have hit twice in between skipping. Interestingly enough, in Sim I have been hoovering around 1850 points for almost a day now (not shielded), which is another sign that a lot of people are skipping this team.

How do Thorkoye teams fare against Grockitty? They are about the only ones that eat my pvp points every now and again. I know it isn't helping the OP much to ask this (if I had better advice than 'all is hopeless unless you have health packs to burn' I would give it), but I don't have Okoye at a level that is playable anytime soon, so can't test it myself.
  • bbigler
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:
    The end result is a win, but you'll need at least 1 health pack, I think.
    Unless we have high level 5*s, I think any team we use against that team will require at least 1 health pack anyway. At the moment, we are theory crafting and I prefer to test it in the game. But if they become an opponent in Simulator or somewhere, I’ll blame you for mentioning it :lol:
    Regarding 4* play......

Sure, I'll take the credit and blame for it. In the announcement thread, I recommended Grocket and Carnage with Kitty since they would hit hard beginning and late game. But, I found that grocket and Medusa work better and are harder to stop. I play that team in Simulator and PVE with great results. Once my Dazzler is champed, I'll use Kitty + Grocket + Dazzler to destroy every Grocket team I see in Simulator, which is 90% of them. 

Using Grazzler (grocket/dazzler) in regular PVP against Grocky (grocket/kitty) will solve the initial problem, but it may be slow after that. Collect green ASAP and do a big AOE, then repeat with more red and green, but it takes time. Grocky is great in PVP because it's so fast, so health pack usage is low. Plus, I'm enjoying all the defensive wins until everyone realizes how dangerous they are. 
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    OJSP said:
    Zirtak_the_Second said:
    Interestingly enough, in Sim I have been hoovering around 1850 points for almost a day now (not shielded), which is another sign that a lot of people are skipping this team.
    This is the flaw of MMR. You have a lvl 450 Kitty and lvl 285 Rocket. Depending on who your 3rd character is, you’re probably invisible to the double 5* teams who could beat you, while the 4* teams are still reluctant to fight you or not strong enough to do so. Climb a bit higher and you’ll probably start getting hit by double 5*s :lol:
    Not really though, I have been getting spanked by double 5* teams the moment I hit the pvp scene with my first and only champed 5* (Thor). The backlash defensively was brutal using him with whatever champed 4* I used to tank for him. Thorkoye left and right. Atmittedly, those teams have 5* champs up to about level 460 maybe
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    "Gritty Kitty ain't so pretty, but it's really thick 
    It fills my cat box oh so snug, it always does the trick 
    I like to rub it on my toes and squish and squish and squish 
    It ne'er offends my tender nose, like a smelly fish 
    Its texture is a joy to me, it's just as smooth as silk 
    It makes my little whiskers twitch, it stays crunchy even in milk 
    I may not be the president, I may not be the pope 
    But as long as I have Gritty Kitty, I shall never mope."
  • bbigler
    OJSP said:
    But if you’re using Kitty, that’s not 4* play anymore, is it?

Anyway, bringing Kitty, Rocket and Dazzler might not be too effective because Dazzler only tanks black in that team, I think.
    It is 4* play if Kitty isn't champed. I have a half-covered half-leveled Kitty like many 4* players. 

With a half-leveled Kitty and Champed Dazzler and Grocket, Dazzler tanks on green and black. So, it should work. 
  • bbigler
    edited December 2018
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:
    It is 4* play if Kitty isn't champed. I have a half-covered half-leveled Kitty like many 4* players. 

With a half-leveled Kitty and Champed Dazzler and Grocket, Dazzler tanks on green and black. So, it should work. 
    I see. I only found out from the other thread that your Kitty is not championed yet.
    In terms of tanking green, Dazzler needs to be at higher level than Rocket. You have quite an unusual situation where she tanks for him. Enjoy it while you can.
    Actually, it's not unusual for Dazzler to tank green over Grocket. For example, my Grocket is level 273 and green damage is 65. Dazzler at level 209 has green damage at 64. So, once she's champed, she will easily tank green (as long as Grocket isn't 60 levels above Dazzler).
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Howard TU blue works for me so I carry on using my normal okoye Thor team and just match yellow or TU heal and fire Howard. 

The second they release a 5* strike generator the meta will flip and Thor and okoye die. Can’t be far off.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got my kitty champed last night. Let the fun begin.

I will also be back to more pulls since I am going back to exclusively pulling classics with my cp. So hopefully I will have another partner for daredevil and kitty soon. I was aiming for doc ock before but I might actually want banner now for his ability to give the other team specials.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    i use okoye and Black Suit spidey (5 on pink).  this team is safe and wont cost healthpacks, but not so good on defense :-)
  • Pyram7
    Pyram7 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    The team I use is à classic already used against grocket : Okoye tanking with de4dpool and Drax. Try to start with 2 TU and let Kitty kill herself. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who is the best partner for Kitty/Grocket in PVE, in Shield Sim, for 4* players, and for 5* players?
  • bbigler
    Who is the best partner for Kitty/Grocket in PVE, in Shield Sim, for 4* players, and for 5* players?
    For 4* play, I've had great success with Medusa as the 3rd in PVE or Sim. Thanos also works well in PVE. 
  • TranscendGod
    TranscendGod Posts: 53 Match Maker
    bbigler said:
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:

I see. I only found out from the other thread that your Kitty is not championed yet.
    In terms of tanking green, Dazzler needs to be at higher level than Rocket. You have quite an unusual situation where she tanks for him. Enjoy it while you can.
    Actually, it's not unusual for Dazzler to tank green over Grocket. For example, my Grocket is level 273 and green damage is 65. Dazzler at level 209 has green damage at 64. So, once she's champed, she will easily tank green (as long as Grocket isn't 60 levels above Dazzler).

Unfortunately, this is not the case. 4* match damage increases very slowly throughout most of the 200s (level wise). For example, my dazzler is 280 and her green is only 67. I'm fairly certain that she needs to be at least the same level as R&G to tank green (as long as they are positioned correctly).
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    This is an excellent case for a support. The Hulkling support gives a boost to green (mine is at 5/50 and the base green match damage is already increased by 12).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Medusa is probably the best, overall. I did get very good results with Ghost Rider as a third for them in The Hunt, tho. He's also a pretty good tile spammer, and complements their colours nicely.
    bbigler said:
    OJSP said:
    bbigler said:

Unfortunately, this is not the case. 4* match damage increases very slowly throughout most of the 200s (level wise). For example, my dazzler is 280 and her green is only 67. I'm fairly certain that she needs to be at least the same level as R&G to tank green (as long as they are positioned correctly).
    I happen to have Dazzler at 273, and her green damage is also 65 at that point. In PvE, the issue gets worse, since arguably the best Support for Grocket (The Milano) also boosts their green damage.
  • TranscendGod
    TranscendGod Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    R&G, Valkyrie, Antman if blue is your strongest (can switch R&G for anyone with high match damage as long as blue remains your strongest). Between R&G and Valkyrie yellow, you should be able to trigger Valkyrie black frequently for blue AP. Use Antman's blue to steal all the enemy special tiles (and then use grow when done). Fun and reasonably effective. Works pretty well against any special tile team, but is best when medusa is not present. If you have a good Silver Surfer you can tank with him, get lots of blue from Valkyrie, take their special tiles with Antman, then heal back up.

Another variation is to swap Antman for Medusa (5/3/5) and swap R&G for a 5* with purple as their strongest color (like Loki). Valkyrie generates purple so medusa can take their special tiles. Tank damage with Loki since he has that reviving passive (and by far the most health). Then use Loki's purple after you've taken most of their special tiles.

And of course you can just use Bishop with Antman to guarantee a fast blue. The third character can just be anyone who is generally good at winning, or someone amusing like Shuri (who is fantastic with antman). Shuri red protects all those giant strike tiles you get from Antman's blue, makes enemy abilities much more expensive, and makes antman's grow cost 6 less.
  • bbigler
    Dogface said:
    This is an excellent case for a support. The Hulkling support gives a boost to green (mine is at 5/50 and the base green match damage is already increased by 12).
    But we can't use supports in PVP or Sim.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Okoye + 4Dpool rips through grockitty in no time.  Okoye tanks (and heals) while 4Dpool retaliates early and often. 

Also, would a 3* Loki teamup help by just flipping the strike tiles to shields?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been putting lockjaw with kitty and grocket. He helps mitigate early match damage.