**** Spider-Ham (Peter Porker) ****

124»

Comments

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    After using him in Shield training I’m more confused than ever as to why his yellow is so bad. His blue and purple are arguably situationally good, yellow is bad. Full stop. Random chance at minimal damage, a heal so small as to be useless, and web tiles he can’t use. The only good part of this power is the stun and because it’s random it’s still a bad (and expensive) power. Why does he create web tiles he can’t use? Why is it on a colour other better characters use to create web tiles?! Nothing about this design makes sense. Worst 4* hands down. 
    So much this. Other web-tile users are better at generating web tiles than him using the same color. He's not even a good support for other web-tile users.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    hilsen2 said:
    I am getting a blue Spider ham for <100 placement, a blue for alliance <100 placement, a blue (and purple) from the next PVE progression, a blue for PVP progression, i drew a blue from shield training, and there is a blue in my Vault. 

I dont know which is worse, the cruddy character, or the lack of color availibility.
    The Shield Training and Vault colors are random, but otherwise this is the same kind of color availability you have for every single new release. It's been this way for years now.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    1000hp saved.
    what a joke. 

spider pig, really? 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    hilsen2 said:
    I am getting a blue Spider ham for <100 placement, a blue for alliance <100 placement, a blue (and purple) from the next PVE progression, a blue for PVP progression, i drew a blue from shield training, and there is a blue in my Vault. 

I dont know which is worse, the cruddy character, or the lack of color availibility.
    My 1/1/5 Spider-Ham agrees. Somehow, even though someone said this is common, none of my other new characters (e.g. Tasky at 4/2/3, Prowler at 2/3/2, Bishop at 4/2/2, Domino at 4/3/3) have this problem.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    himatako said:
    So much this. Other web-tile users are better at generating web tiles than him using the same color. He's not even a good support for other web-tile users.
    All he served as for me was cannon fodder on a Spider-Verse team of Miles Morales and either Spider-Gwen or IW Spider-Man.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    helix72 said:
    hilsen2 said:

My 1/1/5 Spider-Ham agrees. Somehow, even though someone said this is common, none of my other new characters (e.g. Tasky at 4/2/3, Prowler at 2/3/2, Bishop at 4/2/2, Domino at 4/3/3) have this problem.
    My goodness, you should be made aware that you got extremely lucky each of those characters then.
    3rd color is always much more easily attainable than their 1st color, unless RNG is in your favor somehow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I came out with a 0/1/4 Spider-Ham myself. I generally end up with a 1/1/2 character on a standard release event, unless my alliance decides to help out on a boss release and we somehow luck into 2 covers.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like there is an H4H bundle up now: three Spider-Ham covers for 7500 HP.  Hard to say how good a value that is, given we don't know how often the character will be featured or how available more covers will be (all that's been said is that he'd be made available "like Howard").
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regardless of how many covers you might get right now, limited characters have only been featured in a crash and pvp about once a year (or less)?  And never essential in pve after the launch. 

So buying the bundle is mostly useful for completionist reasons and a small advantage, maybe, in a PvP.

Now, almost all 4’s are used about that much anymore, but at least normal 4’s are in tokens and give champ levels at a steady rate.

Maybe I’d be more excited if the bundle would finish mine, but he’s 1/3/5.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Spider-Ham is 0/1/4, so I ended up passing on the bundle.  I still need some more roster slots for my 3* dupes, so thought I'd hold on to the HP.  Hopefully the other opportunities to get covers come up not too far off.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    The HfH deal was a better value for me since it meant that I wouldn't need to chase the last cover I needed in his vault for 9800 HP. I got lucky enough with his cover from tokens there already, and again after resetting he vault once. He's at 13+1 covers now, so all I need is a little more Iso and a lot of regret, and he will be champed!