**** Spider-Ham (Peter Porker) ****

Options

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They’re obviously referring to Gru’s Minions from Despicable Me.

Can’t wait to have them in the game...!
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    purplemur said:
    question about the spiderverse:
    Since he is Peter Porker  the amazing Spider-Ham can we run him with Peter Parker the Amazing Spider-Man?

I could see Talkin Pig & Sp//der Support on Spiderham working to keep Spiderman (Back in Black) invisible, but you can never tell if the devs will kitty block you like with Cho 

Since they’re entirely separate people from different universes this really shouldn’t be an issue. But yeah you never know with MPQ. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A Shield Training without Emma Frost or Dazzler?

Pinch me I must be dreaming...

Also woohoo I have those characters champed!
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    game is getting worse every day.
    Kingpin (Gru) and Porker?  :/:/

• MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The players asking for the times: Mysterio; Sabretooth; Namor, etc.
    And we received this ... unfortunate
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The players asking for the times: Mysterio; Sabretooth; Namor, etc.
    And we received this ... unfortunate
    If people play this game long enough, they'll notice that quite often new characters tie in promotionally with other major Marvel media properties. So it really shouldn't be surprising we got a character or two tied to Into the Spider-verse. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I may or may not be late to the game on this, so my bad if this is a repeat of something someone else already said, but I kind of LOVE how the Spider-Ham cover is just like the Bagman cover. 

Really nice touch. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,332 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The Shield Training rewards tokens to the Hunt, not Prodigal Sun....as per the usual reward structure.

Also, the Spider-Ham and Friends vault is not open today. It must open on Thursday, I assume, when Prodigal Sun opens as well.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    The Shield Training makes it clear that A Talking Pig only stuns the non-tile movers. Opening node is 3Ock, Carrier symbiote, and a Criterion (mutate?). 3Ock ignores it, the other two get stunned.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I may or may not be late to the game on this, so my bad if this is a repeat of something someone else already said, but I kind of LOVE how the Spider-Ham cover is just like the Bagman cover. 

Really nice touch. 
    The artist is Mike Wieringo. He was fantastic, IMO, at the cartoony style and he fit certain books perfectly.  Unfortunately he passed away several years ago. He also had a great FF run if you want to look up those on Marvel Unlimited.

Also, google “Mike Wieringo Spider-Man variant” if you want to see all his covers in this series (same pose, different Spidey).  If we ever get Spider-Man 2099, maybe they’ll use his cover again.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I love the animation for Into The Spider Verse. I thought it looks really nicely done. When Pig Flys animation somehow reminds me of one of Vulture's abilities. 

Spider-Ham's build is 5/3/5 in the training. The only question mark is, "Does it work on Sentries?"

I think his build is straightforward for me. It's either 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. 

I received a free SD//PR Beginner Support Token after completing the first SHIELD Training node. I didn't see this being mentioned anywhere.

Edit: I think the support token happened to coincide with the introduction of Spider-Ham vault and store.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m struggling to think of a time I’ve cared less about a new four star release. Especially over Xmas I’m struggling to care enough to play pve without the double iso.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the animation for Into The Spider Verse. I thought it looks really nicely done. When Pig Flys animation somehow reminds me of one of Vulture's abilities. 

Spider-Ham's build is 5/3/5 in the training. The only question mark is, "Does it work on Sentries?"

I think his build is straightforward for me. It's either 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. 

I received a free SD//PR Beginner Support Token after completing the first SHIELD Training node. I didn't see this being mentioned anywhere.

Edit: I think the support token happened to coincide with the introduction of Spider-Ham vault and store.
    Hmm, I have not received any token and I cannot see any Spider-Ham vault. When did that happen? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @qandols I was referring to the Spider-Ham support vault (SP//DR). As for free SP//DR support token, Brigby has updated about this free token. I think you should have gotten your support token by now?

Login Gift *New Update*
    Players that log in any time between 12/24 12pm ET and 12/26 12pm ET will receive a Beginner Token to the Support store.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope, my SP//DR vault says 0/120 collected. Strange.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Nope, my SP//DR vault says 0/120 collected. Strange.
    It's not a Token for the vault, it's a Token for the specific Support Store. Or, in other words, it's one of the Tokens you could potentially get from the vault.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    I’m struggling to think of a time I’ve cared less about a new four star release. Especially over Xmas I’m struggling to care enough to play pve without the double iso.

this. thanks for 4 days off.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Borstock said:

Really nice touch. 
    The artist is Mike Wieringo. He was fantastic, IMO, at the cartoony style and he fit certain books perfectly.  Unfortunately he passed away several years ago. He also had a great FF run if you want to look up those on Marvel Unlimited.

Also, google “Mike Wieringo Spider-Man variant” if you want to see all his covers in this series (same pose, different Spidey).  If we ever get Spider-Man 2099, maybe they’ll use his cover again.
    Didn't know any of that. Thanks for the info!
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am getting a blue Spider ham for <100 placement, a blue for alliance <100 placement, a blue (and purple) from the next PVE progression, a blue for PVP progression, i drew a blue from shield training, and there is a blue in my Vault. 

I dont know which is worse, the cruddy character, or the lack of color availibility.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After using him in Shield training I’m more confused than ever as to why his yellow is so bad. His blue and purple are arguably situationally good, yellow is bad. Full stop. Random chance at minimal damage, a heal so small as to be useless, and web tiles he can’t use. The only good part of this power is the stun and because it’s random it’s still a bad (and expensive) power. Why does he create web tiles he can’t use? Why is it on a colour other better characters use to create web tiles?! Nothing about this design makes sense. Worst 4* hands down.