**** Spider-Ham (Peter Porker) ****

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess we'll be able to find out what "minions" means when SHIELD Training opens.  The first node will have a fully covered loaner Spider-Ham, and face off against three non-goons.  If his purple refuses to stun anyone, then minion==goon. If it stuns, then it is just fluffy language.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    America Chavez was also released on 12/24 last year
    She also had a 7-day as the followup to her release event, which was pretty nice. Getting two covers for the new Character from Progression is very handy.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully we will have another cover opportunity via Marvel Insider again like with Taskmaster.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Wow, that yellow is... not good. I was really hoping for an interesting power set for Peter Porker but this is a let down. A niche power set was to be expected, I don’t understand why it also needed to be a bad niche. They didn’t even try and deviate from the standard spider colour scheme so the fact that he doesn’t himself use web tiles means he’s a bad partner for other spider characters and his yellow is even worse. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why are stun powers recently seems to be very conservative comparing to 4* Gamora's blue? She stuns an enemy for 3 turns AND an additional enemy for 1 turn AND creates a special tile for each stunned enemy. All of this at the cost of only 6 blue. 

Spider-Ham only stuns an enemy for 2 turn and the valid target might be for PvE only on top of that. Doc Ock is a 5* and even with maximum number of Tentacle tiles on the board, his black cost more than Gamora's blue and has a weaker stun. While it's true that both of their powers do more than just stunning an enemy, but those non-stun effects are hardly so strong that they requires additional cost. Gamora can force the opponent to skip their turn with just 6 AP! 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we have a random Spider-Ham cover replace the random Sentry cover in the last sub of Prodigal Sun?  We were told Spider-Ham would be a more Howard-like Limited character after all...
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So happy that Disney buying Fox makes The Simpsons Marvel characters 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there a joke about his black that the listed powers aren't associated with their purported hero?  Agent Venom doesn't stun, Parker doesn't heal, they all have web tiles not just Miles.  Spidergwen has the punch but I didn't know she's actually a Spiderwoman.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vins2 said:
    Is there a joke about his black that the listed powers aren't associated with their purported hero?  Agent Venom doesn't stun, Parker doesn't heal, they all have web tiles not just Miles.  Spidergwen has the punch but I didn't know she's actually a Spiderwoman.
    3* Spidey used to heal and I think Spider-Gwen IS referenced as Spider Woman in her power description (It also calls her that in her character bio on the MPQ Character Wiki).
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kk3thess said:
    Funnily enough, the Marvel character of Spider-Ham even predates the Simpsons starting he has been around that long.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl said:
    kk3thess said:
    Funnily enough, the Marvel character of Spider-Ham even predates the Simpsons starting he has been around that long.
    By 6 years no less - 1983 vs 1989!

I remember reading his first appearance, now I feel old.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I guess we'll be able to find out what "minions" means when SHIELD Training opens.  The first node will have a fully covered loaner Spider-Ham, and face off against three non-goons.  If his purple refuses to stun anyone, then minion==goon. If it stuns, then it is just fluffy language.
    I'm assuming minions means all the non-playable characters who don't make any matches but instead generate ISO every round.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure i've seen the terminology "minion" anywhere else in reference to the game. I was pretty sure it is what we all refer to as "goons," but seemed like a new thing. I wonder if the boss versions of CW Cap and Iron Man with their side-piece summons would count as minions or not?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if any non-boss NPC is a minion. Like ultron drones who do make matches but aren’t playable. 

Also, Deerdevil next please.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if any non-boss NPC is a minion. Like ultron drones who do make matches but aren’t playable. 

The Ultron Drones seem like a gray area, but don't seem to fall under the umbrella of minions/goons. 

To me, these are the non-tile moving characters who generate AP and place countdown tiles. The Drones don't do that, so probably wouldn't apply to them. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vins2 said:
    Spider-Gwen was always called Spider-Woman in her own title, but you'd never know that if you didn't read it because Marvel just really dropped the ball on her book's name. Even when she would guest appear in other books the cover would say "Spider-Gwen" like she ran around calling herself that. More confusing now that she's being called Ghost Spider in the MU and in some animated show.
    I find yellow just weird as far as the descriptions go. Peter and Miles just have their real names, Agent Venom just has his made up name, but Gwen gets both. It reads odd to me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also Iron Spider actually has a move called Proportional Punch; seems like that should have been the Peter Parker move, and then Spider-Gwen could do the heal since matching webs actually heals on passive with Teenage Kicks
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

One of the post-loss tips that comes up mentions Minions as not making moves, but just gaining AP each turn. Still leaves the Sentries (and non-playable, non-boss characters like non-boss Ultron and Gorgon) in kind of a weird grey area, tho.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5
    Goose Rider costume plz
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    question about the spiderverse:
    Since he is Peter Porker  the amazing Spider-Ham can we run him with Peter Parker the Amazing Spider-Man?

I could see Talkin Pig & Sp//der Support on Spiderham working to keep Spiderman (Back in Black) invisible, but you can never tell if the devs will kitty block you like with Cho