3.1 Release Notes *Updated (12/5/18)

13»

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Magagumo said:
    Jaya is still casting copied spells as of this post. (posted in Bugs)  Perhaps not nerfed? 

Can confirm copies created by Thousand-Year storm without Jaya token are not immediately playable.

If TYS and jaya's token are present, Jaya copies get created first from  a non-copy spell, then TYS copy, then Jaya copies cast and TYS copy gets skipped.
    Jays has always been one to buck the rules
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added the following bug fix:
    • Fixed an issue where Mana bonus reductions were stacking when reinforcing Damping Sphere in Battle, now the mana bonus reductions remains at 2.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Awesome reward bonuses!
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. Added the following bug fix:
    • Fixed an issue where Mana bonus reductions were stacking when reinforcing Damping Sphere in Battle, now the mana bonus reductions remains at 2.
    Boooooo!  This card is tough to use, but made for an interesting niche deck.  
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not getting any reward bonus since update. Do I miss something?
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, me neither. Are the reward bonuses supposed to begin on a certain day this month or something? 
  • Brigby
    Hi Everyone. I just confirmed with the team that these rewards will be increased starting December 10th, 2018 and ends with A World Reborn on January 7th.
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    So about the new holiday card. Since it can be viewed with the "see all" option; how does it work? Does the in-game sound button just needs to be ticked? Or, will it detect the actual volume for the phone?
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    So about the new holiday card. Since it can be viewed with the "see all" option; how does it work? Does the in-game sound button just needs to be ticked? Or, will it detect the actual volume for the phone?
    It will probably just work off the checkbox, but probably in the opposite way you think it should.  “On” is not a standardized term in this game. 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Here's my feedback about the update so far:

1) Happy about the Convoke + Stored mana fix :) Time to abuse Marches and Chords :D 

2) However, it would appear that if I do use those Convoke + Stored Mana cards (such as, exactly, March and Chord), for some reasons the game becomes rather laggy. Almost like what happened the last time I use Saheeli's ultimate to fetch Heart of Kiran.

3) Izzet's special rule (gain a half-mana copy of a spell just cast) is behaving differently this time: The half-mana copies now cannot be cast on the same turn as their creation, even with cheap spells (like Summoner's Pact) or when I start abusing mana gain spells (like Thunderherd Migration). Is this an intended change? Frankly, I kinda don't mind; it does slow down the combos involving Izzet's special rule a bit, but among other things it helps save me from killing myself with Summoner's Pact :D 
  • Brigby
    arNero said:
    Here's my feedback about the update so far:

1) Happy about the Convoke + Stored mana fix :) Time to abuse Marches and Chords :D 

2) However, it would appear that if I do use those Convoke + Stored Mana cards (such as, exactly, March and Chord), for some reasons the game becomes rather laggy. Almost like what happened the last time I use Saheeli's ultimate to fetch Heart of Kiran.

3) Izzet's special rule (gain a half-mana copy of a spell just cast) is behaving differently this time: The half-mana copies now cannot be cast on the same turn as their creation, even with cheap spells (like Summoner's Pact) or when I start abusing mana gain spells (like Thunderherd Migration). Is this an intended change? Frankly, I kinda don't mind; it does slow down the combos involving Izzet's special rule a bit, but among other things it helps save me from killing myself with Summoner's Pact :D 
    1) Glad to hear that! :D
    2) Hmm that's not good. I'll pass that feedback along to the team. Thanks for letting us know!
    3) That is actually a listed bug fix. You can find the full details of the fix below:
    • Fixed an issue where copied cards were valid to be cast on the turn they were copied, instead of invalid, when copying a card into the player's hand that can be cast the turn it was copied, now the copied cards are invalid until the turn after they were copied.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I can attest that Chord of Calling is lagging my gameplay severely when in hand.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    I am also having slowdowns not just with Chord, but just having a significant number of supports/shields. Just got out of a match where I had 2 gates (about 6 shields each), squire's devotion (9 shields), Hautli2 support (5ish shields), forebear's blade (17 shields). The supports were reinforced around 2-4 times on average. Game stutter got worse and worse as the match went on.

side thought: shouldn't forebear's blade really be forebearer's blade?
  • stikxs
    I just noticed JumpStart cards now have little light that moves along their color bar, makes it much easier to see them in the graveyard view. This was a great idea for whoever came up with it! :)
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Is it also part of the release that the game has become consistently laggy???????? What the smell Oktagon?!!!!!!
  • LordDorwin
    LordDorwin Posts: 78 Match Maker
    stikxs said:

side thought: shouldn't forebear's blade really be forebearer's blade?
    I don't think so - The paper card has the same name, and it makes more sense to use Forebear's than Forbearer's blade.

Forebear means "Ancestor" or "Precursor", i.e. "one who came before".

To forbear means to (reluctantly) refrain from doing something.

So a forbearer's blade would be one that someone who didn't do something (probably use it) had or has.

A forebear's blade would be one that was used by your ancestors.

So I'd say this is correct.
  • stikxs
    Oh I didn't even know "forebear" was the real word I had always heard as "forebearer", that makes more sense. I thought "forebearer" was the word for ancestor, but today I have learned!