Options

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Theros said:
    Brigby said:
    • Fixed an issue where copied cards were valid to be cast on the turn they were copied, instead of invalid, when copying a card into the player's hand that can be cast the turn it was copied, now the copied cards are invalid until the turn after they were copied.
    This change will make cards like  Thousand year storm unplayable given it cost and pre-conditions. This is not an issue players have ever complained about but taking fun away by altering mechanics. Is the change aimed at Jaya?
    This looks like a poor attempt or non needed attempt at fixing loops. There are many cards already that give extra swaps. 
    This makes me very sad if it does indeed ruin the fun of TYS. What's the point of a once-in-a-thousand-years storm if it can only copy 6 spells, at most?
    I think this is referring to the fact that Jaya's copied spells (and possibly others) already couldn't be played the turn they are created, but without any visual indication of such. I'm pretty sure that's what they're fixing, adding a visual indication, possibly the one Azor triggers.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    DumasAG said:

"Elite Pack Changes

Guilds of Ravnica Elite Packs now have the same Mythic and Masterpiece cards in both Rare+ and Mythic+ packs." 

Last time something like this happened, we were encouraged to submit tickets for reimbursement of purchases. Should we be doing the same this time around, Brigby ?
    Here you go! Known Issue: GRN Elite Packs Card Discrepancy (11/30/18)
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    James13 said:
    Big fan.  Making blightcaster great again! ;)

@madwren
    This is just for the holidays.  The fact it's now more than free to do TotP for the duration I think is a fair tradeoff for 2 jewels.

Indeed, I suspect a number of people might like the tradeoff, but it's still reasonable to ask for confirmation on whether or not it was an error.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    madwren said:
    James13 said:
    Big fan.  Making blightcaster great again! ;)

madwren
    This is just for the holidays.  The fact it's now more than free to do TotP for the duration I think is a fair tradeoff for 2 jewels.

Yet it's still entirely reasonable to ask for confirmation on whether or not it was an error.
    No. I do not believe it was an error. The 2 Mana Jewels do seem to have been replaced by 45 Mana Crystals instead.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since they don't want us casting copied cards same turn because it is too powerful to balance, why not just remove card copying and replace it with draw+mana or something?
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Disappointed by no changes to divine visitation, even though its arguably the most problematic card by far as it stands
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thuran said:
    Disappointed by no changes to divine visitation, even though its arguably the most problematic card by far as it stands

I'm going to have the second this. Given that the card can create an infinite loop - one that kills your opponent with 3 damage at a time, in standard - it needed to be fixed immediately.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Thuran said:

I'm going to have the second this. Given that the card can create an infinite loop - one that kills your opponent with 3 damage at a time, in standard - it needed to be fixed immediately.
    i believe Divine Visitation fixed is more significantly important than Thousand Year Storm fixed.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby can the limit to handsize be removed to accommodate the changes to playing copies?

And will we have GRN booster crafting at 3.1?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby can the limit to handsize be removed to accommodate the changes to playing copies?

Make it more like paper? (Discard automatically to 6 at the end of your turn no matter what.)
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Kinesia said:

Make it more like paper? (Discard automatically to 6 at the end of your turn no matter what.)
    furthermore, it is the time we need to live without creature limit in play too. we are not happy with freeze from replacing creature bug.
    3 creatures army is mtgpq's flavor, isnt it?
    If we cant keep it well. Please change it.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pretty sure having more than 3 creatures in play would require a complete overhaul of the code and app interface, not to mention significant card rebalances.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It seems that 95% of the looping complaints could be solved by simply gimping Greg from casting copies the turn they are made. The Jaya nerf is already in the code though, it’s just documented correctly for 3.1.

I wonder if this will also fix the “draw way too many copies of exactly the same card” bug when her support interacts with Alhammarret’s Archive?
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It seems that 95% of the looping complaints could be solved by simply gimping Greg from casting copies the turn they are made. The Jaya nerf is already in the code though, it’s just documented correctly for 3.1.

I wonder if this will also fix the “draw way too many copies of exactly the same card” bug when her support interacts with Alhammarret’s Archive?
    I pretty strongly disagree with handicapping Greg any more than he already is. If possible, I would love to have all limiters taken off the AI. If we're not going to be allowed to play true PvP, at least let's have some sort of challenge.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Pretty sure having more than 3 creatures in play would require a complete overhaul of the code and app interface, not to mention significant card rebalances.
    There are ways in the game currently to get more than 3 creatures on your side active. Likely there is really not much stopping it from happening.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    DumasAG said:

I pretty strongly disagree with handicapping Greg any more than he already is. If possible, I would love to have all limiters taken off the AI. If we're not going to be allowed to play true PvP, at least let's have some sort of challenge.
    The copy bug problem is that Greg will run an infinite loop without an exit strategy such as the Naru problem.  If he could also just "stop looping after X cards" it might work too...
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    Brigby said:
    • Fixed some Text Issues.
    Hopefully "Cast", "Summon", and "Create" will be made consistent?  Or at least consistent wording for creating tokens specifically?  Probably overly wishful thinking...
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madwren said:
    Hi Brisby, great news on the increased rewards.

ToTP is confusing, though. Could you confirm it? Current platinum rewards for max score net us 20 jewels and 30 crystals.

The "increased" rewards net us 18 jewels and 75 crystals. I'm not a fan of losing out on jewels.

I remember they did the same thing last years holiday they cut out 2 jewels to give us a bit more crystals
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Goodbye combo pieces. It was necessary you got changed. The way it was done though.. was not elegant, quite the opposite.
  • Magagumo
    Magagumo Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jaya is still casting copied spells as of this post. (posted in Bugs)  Perhaps not nerfed? 

Can confirm copies created by Thousand-Year storm without Jaya token are not immediately playable.

If TYS and jaya's token are present, Jaya copies get created first from  a non-copy spell, then TYS copy, then Jaya copies cast and TYS copy gets skipped.