**** Prowler (Aaron Davis) ****

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Purple Deadpool looks like a fun character to play. I look forward to it.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays against characters like Shuri and Black Panther: they'd both be accelerating the enemy's powers, so it's higher risk but with potentially higher reward.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one is asking "Why Prowler?" here, but if you were, he's one of the major villains in the upcoming "Into the Spider-Verse" movie (along with, apparently, Scorpion, Kingpin and Green Goblin based on toys and trailers).  Here's hoping for more movie-related goodness in MPQ; I'm very excited for it.  (I cannot quite figure out why we got Ultimate Prowler over the movie version, which largely maintains the Classic Prowler look, however.)

@Brigby I just wanted to say thank you for getting us the Prowler details and event information early in the week!  It is very helpful when alliance events are known early so we can make sure everyone is on board and ready to contribute.  (Given an unfortunate bug, a lot of information was known last week, but it's all still appreciated.)

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Never mind, the post confirmed the content of my post.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Following a boss, which notoriously offers less ISO than normal events, with DPvsMPQ, which has two 2-day subs, which notoriously offer less rewards than normal events (they evened it out so it's the same as other 4-day events, but 2-day subs lose a lot because there are far less rewards for clearing nodes themselves).

It's disappointing every time, and we keep asking you to fix it, or to stop running DPvsMPQ after bosses, and you ignore us every single time.
    I couldn't disagree more, I actually really like having that event following boss events.  I guess I don't really understand the iso crunch being a problem with saved covers, and unless I'm mistaken, the other rewards are the same.  If anything, I find I get more rewards for the effort spent, and get a solid rest out of it.
    I'd love it if they ran the Thanos boss event and then the Deadpool event straight after at Christmas. The time off would be much appreciated! Of course, they wont, because they believe in trying to keep us on the game as much as possible when there are distractions far more important than this game. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really looks like a quality roster addition! That passive is going to rock against tietsu
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Purple Deadpool looks like a fun character to play. I look forward to it.
    When I saw the picture my first thought was: another Deadpool costume already?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is my memory completely shot or have all of the last several S.H.I.E.L.D. Trainings required either Emma Frost or Dazzler? Isn't the point of S.H.I.E.L.D. Training to give people who have developed a deep roster an opportunity to get a cover of the new character and get us invested? Making a recent release one of the required characters undermines that, especially now that there is no longer a bonus pull rate on them, and picking the same recent releases over and over again is just cruel. I went from being excited to just not caring.
    I think it's pretty clear at this point that shield training is for people who can cover the new releases quickly. That being said, having Dazzler (or whoever) in multiple STs in a row means they're moving the goal line slower than they could be. I mean, it could require Domino, right?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    Pongie said:

Whenever your team matches a Fortified enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, Prowler steals that tile and improves it by 364.

Please confirm that the steal mechanism is only on matches. Destroy effects simply remove the fortified status. How about matching non-fortified enemy strike, attack or protect tiles? Does Prowler steal them or they are simply gone from the destruction? 
    As others have clarified, only a match including a fortified enemy special tile will be stolen. Any other destruction does not apply. And of course, a match of a normal non-fortified enemy special will not be stolen.

One interesting and excellent thing is, if you happen to have a match with two or more fortified enemy specials, it will steal both/all of them at once. Enemy OML placed his black strikes and ended the turn, Prowler fortified two strikes in an available black match and they were both stolen (and would be buffed at higher cover levels). 

Comparatively, 3* Doc Ock will only proc his insult to injury attack tiles once even if there are multiple enemy specials in a match. So it's good that Prowler functions on a multi-capable level, such as Medusa and Hawkguy can do. 

@Pongie
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this release is a boss. Unless we get a fourth 4* in a row, next release should be a boss too for a 5* (Sinister Six to go with the movie theme?). It would be great to have Scorpion in the game, and not just Gargan Venom, but I wouldn’t expect a5* Scorpion. And we already have two 5* Spideys. 5* Miles since it’s his movie? Ghost Spider? A good Kingpin? Just not Spider Ham, no matter how much fun it would be. No joke 5* please. And if it’s Miles. Please, please, PLEASE don’t call him Kid Arachnid. That is such an awkward and stupid name.
    Say, is there a Scarlet Spider in the movie? Or 2099!? I was hoping for 2099 Spider Man a while ago. Either of those please.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last three Shield Training essential characters were:

1) 4th Oct, Taskmaster debut: Emma Frost, Peggy Carter Wasp
    2) 1st Nov, Domino debut: Dazzler, Luke Cage and Gwenpool
    3) 15 Nov, Bisho debut: Emma Frost, Blade, Agent Venom

*Upcoming* for Prowler debut: Dazzler, C4rol, Medusa

A lot of (vets) players in this forum are always unhappy when "relatively new/2 months old" 4* is required in Shield Training.

If you were to look at the following data:

Dazzler debuted on 6th September.

Players can earn:

1) 6 sep pvp: 2 placement covers
    2) 9 sep pvp: 1 progession cover
    3) 6 sep shield training (featured all "old" characters: 1 cover 
    4) 6 sep pve: 3 placement covers + 1 alliance placement cover
    5) 10 sep pve: 1 progression cover
    6) 15 oct pve: 1 progression cover
    7) 21 oct pvp: 2 placement covers
    7) 23 oct pvp: 1 progression cover 
    8) 29 oct pve: 3 placement covers + 1 alliance placement cover
    9) 1 nov pve: 1 progression cover
    10) 22 nov pve: 3 placement covers + 1 alliance placement cover
    11) 29th nov boss event: 1 progression cover

Breakdown of covers:
    1) Progression: 7
    2) Placement (individual): 13
    3) Placement (alliance): 3

In total, there will be a total of 23 Dazzler covers available by the end of Prowler's Shield Training without paying a dime since her debut. 

How difficult is it to get relatively new 4* to level 209 in time for shield training?

Fact 1: You need 9/10 covers to level a 4* to 209.

Fact 2: 6/7 covers are guaranteed through progression rewards for Dazzler.

Solution: All you need to do is to play a little competitively for the last 3 pves and you can get another 3 covers to complete the upcoming shield training. 

I think "giving 6-7 covers away" out of the 10 covers is a good balance. For the rest of the covers, players have to: 

1) play a little competitively for 3 pves
    2) get lucky with vault pulls 
    3) buy out the vaults
    4) BH Dazzler once she enters packs
    5) use up to 360 CP to reach 10 covers

If you refuse to do either of this, then I think there might be some kind of expectation problem. 

I think, from a business point of view, they are not doing the wrong thing by featuring 2 old 4* + 1 relatively new 4*. All these new characters need to get enough exposure and a little incentive to chase after them.

In sales, there need to be some kind of pain factor in order for the players to act. Imagine that all players can get 10 covers from progression rewards for relatively new 4* before they are featured in Shield Training as essential, there are unlikely to be any complaint and there isn't any pain, it could cause a drop in sales. Happy customers don't always translate to buying customers. 

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the buffed stolen tile stay fortified?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Well you matched it, so I can only imagine that the fortification was removed.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    That would be my guess, but since you're stealing it, I wasn't sure if it could be assumed. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    5/5/3
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:
    That would be my guess, but since you're stealing it, I wasn't sure if it could be assumed. 
    I can tell you the fortification is removed. (I played him when the bug happened last week).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I tried out Prowler when he was mistakenly made available last week, and as I remember it the fortification was removed when he matched a tile, then he stole it. Could remember wrong though.

He was fun to play though. Could be nasty with Shuri since she benefits from having lots of Fortified tiles on board. I Think it's a 3/5/5 build though as (again, as I recall) extra covers in Purple only meant he improved the tile further.

• RickOShay
    edited November 2018
    Seems like there's a limited number of teams that Prowler and Shuri would work well together within. Not many enemy teams have a lot of special tiles out to become fortified very quickly (Grocket, Carnage do). 

I tried a couple of times with Carnage on my team and it works reasonably well. At first I was wanting to match fortified specials and steal them and to get the bonus damage. But it's hard to balance the intention to keep fortified tiles in place until you get the 5 needed to have Shuri reduce your power costs. Naturally once you fire her red though, all should be good.

I'm thinking that Luke C4ge will also be a good partner. That fortification will instantly make his yellow hit for major damage. Wait, as MoosePrime has pointed out below, Luke needs your specials to be fortified to count toward his yellow damage. Prowler would need to steal specials for your team and Luke would fortify them upon using his yellow. Not as good as I had hoped.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    I'm thinking that Luke C4ge will also be a good partner. That fortification will instantly make his yellow hit for major damage. 
    Luke Cage only counts friendly specials, so he would benefit more from Prowler being on the opposing team.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    So this release is a boss. Unless we get a fourth 4* in a row, next release should be a boss too for a 5* (Sinister Six to go with the movie theme?). It would be great to have Scorpion in the game, and not just Gargan Venom, but I wouldn’t expect a5* Scorpion. And we already have two 5* Spideys. 5* Miles since it’s his movie? Ghost Spider? A good Kingpin? Just not Spider Ham, no matter how much fun it would be. No joke 5* please. And if it’s Miles. Please, please, PLEASE don’t call him Kid Arachnid. That is such an awkward and stupid name.
    Say, is there a Scarlet Spider in the movie? Or 2099!? I was hoping for 2099 Spider Man a while ago. Either of those please.
    I wouldn’t mind 5* Spider-Man Noir (Nicolas Cage).
    Realistically, his power colors would have to be black, black, and black. I wouldn’t complain about such a thing since I wrote a concept of red, black, black Kylo Ren. A joke, yes, but workable with powers to convert tile and increase (base) match damage. He seems like a “works alone” type, so eliminating team-up tiles/AP would be appropriate. Maybe, “when matching team up tiles, destroy up to 3 team up AP on both teams and generate 3 black AP”.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay said:
    I'm thinking that Luke C4ge will also be a good partner. That fortification will instantly make his yellow hit for major damage. 
    Luke Cage only counts friendly specials, so he would benefit more from Prowler being on the opposing team.
    Shoot right, well at least Prowler could potentially steal specials for your team for which Luke will fortify when using his yellow. I'll edit my post above.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Main Event Hulk coud be a good third, makes a rainbow team and can put out fortifiec tiles.