**** Prowler (Aaron Davis) ****

Comments

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    So, um, no Versus event in which Prowler is a placement reward?  We have listed above an Alliance event, followed by a PvE where Prowler is in progression, then a PvP where Prowler is in progression.

I know it has been listed the same way before, but my OCD is killing me, as I would consider the PvP event in which Prowler is a placement reward to be included in the ways to obtain him.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

I didn't see this one coming! ;)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,486 Chairperson of the Boards

Event Schedule

Avengers vs. Ultron - Alliance Event
    • Starts: 11/29/18, 12:00pm EST
    • Ends: 12/3/18, 12:00am EST
    • Prowler (Aaron Davis) in Placement Rewards
    A placement reward for an alliance even? Sure you don't mean progression? 
    In general, the alliance rewards are the replacement for placement in Alliance Events - that's how they've operated before.  It's not the best term, of course, but I guess they could have called them "Alliance Round Progression" or something...
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby This makes three 4*'s in a row, we're due for a 5*. Why a break in the pattern?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5
    I like the passive and the activated that feeds said passive. Plus Invisibility in a new color is a draw for me.
    The blue stunner is good enough damage but nothing too awesome, I'm not a fan of conditionals.

I would normally be a little fanboii here's a list of 5 villains that should have been included before the Prowler but I loved the scenes with Donald Glover in Homecoming: 
    " Best in town - nah too much bread- I like bread-..."
    "you need to get better at this part of the job"
    Glover is a renaissance man (Redbone was my jam!) and I look forward to him coming back in costume at some point in the future.

my 0/0/4 Dazzler cries for this shield training and my work is probably gonna jam me up AGAIN on a release event. But glad it's an alliance event cuz work has been jamming me up on the night shifts for the last 5-6 release events meaning my clears are so not optimal, but with ultron I can get in my grind here and there throughout the 8 hour blocks.
     pretty unhappy with DP vs MPQ because the timing will mean you can't get the prog cover and pop over to clear a solo mission in time. and 48 hour subs are the worst. less tokens, less daily alliance ranking, less iso, just less everything- add a day three taskmaster node.

really, it's just more dilution. The game is so top heavy I would not 2/10 recommend this game to a new player. 
    Adjust your odds and reward tables, balance the rarity tiers,  system reboot the old ones, and for stan lee's sake fix the feeder trees!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    He looks quite interesting, especially the stealing tile power, sadly I don't have Dazzler at 209 but thank you for making his release a boss event.  B)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Beast1970 said:
    So, um, no Versus event in which Prowler is a placement reward?  We have listed above an Alliance event, followed by a PvE where Prowler is in progression, then a PvP where Prowler is in progression.

I know it has been listed the same way before, but my OCD is killing me, as I would consider the PvP event in which Prowler is a placement reward to be included in the ways to obtain him.
    Hmm that's certainly a fair point. I'll add the Versus Tournament that lists Prowler as Placement!
    GrimSkald said:
    A placement reward for an alliance even? Sure you don't mean progression? 
    In general, the alliance rewards are the replacement for placement in Alliance Events - that's how they've operated before.  It's not the best term, of course, but I guess they could have called them "Alliance Round Progression" or something...
    I just checked and it looks like GrimSkald is correct that Prowler is listed as an Alliance Round reward. I'll go ahead and adjust the wording so it makes more sense.
    Thanos said:
    Brigby This makes three 4*'s in a row, we're due for a 5*. Why a break in the pattern?
    I wouldn't necessarily say the team follows a set-in-stone pattern, especially when holiday seasons and anniversaries arrive, as those situations potentially cause deviations in how we introduce new characters.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos said:
    @Brigby This makes three 4*'s in a row, we're due for a 5*. Why a break in the pattern?
    Because now they'll be on track to release a 5* the same week as the Captain Marvel movie
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added additional event and character details
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Thanos said:
    Wasn't the last 5* early?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos said:
    Because now they'll be on track to release a 5* the same week as the Captain Marvel movie
    Aaaand, Cable arrived 2 weeks early. This puts the pattern back 'on track'. We're glad Cable did that since it moved Wasp out of LL 2 weeks early also..
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 3* land, the best pairing for Prowler got to be Patch, and probably Dr. Ock. Hawkeye could replace Dr. Ock too. 

If anyone is lucky to have Quantum Realm support, you can equip this to Prowler and his power damage can increase by up to 5567. whenever Prowler goes invisible
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm too tired to gauge power level right now, but that looks like a wonderfully characterful set of powers. Just from the mechanics, you can get a pretty good idea of what kind of guy he is. I always love it when crunch and fluff can come together like that.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is my memory completely shot or have all of the last several S.H.I.E.L.D. Trainings required either Emma Frost or Dazzler? Isn't the point of S.H.I.E.L.D. Training to give people who have developed a deep roster an opportunity to get a cover of the new character and get us invested? Making a recent release one of the required characters undermines that, especially now that there is no longer a bonus pull rate on them, and picking the same recent releases over and over again is just cruel. I went from being excited to just not caring.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prowler seems fun; it’s too bad I’ll have little chance to use him as a 5* player, but I’m glad to see interesting 4’s for those players. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Prowler seems fun; it’s too bad I’ll have little chance to use him as a 5* player, but I’m glad to see interesting 4’s for those players. 
    They really would be doing us all a favor if they added a game mode where 5* players can use 4* characters without sacrificing speed, health packs, or wins. Prowler looks like a lot of fun.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    @Brigby

Whenever your team matches a Fortified enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, Prowler steals that tile and improves it by 364.

Please confirm that the steal mechanism is only on matches. Destroy effects simply remove the fortified status. How about matching non-fortified enemy strike, attack or protect tiles? Does Prowler steal them or they are simply gone from the destruction? 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie said:
    @Brigby

Whenever your team matches a Fortified enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, Prowler steals that tile and improves it by 364.

Please confirm that the steal mechanism is only on matches. Destroy effects simply remove the fortified status. How about matching non-fortified enemy strike, attack or protect tiles? Does Prowler steal them or they are simply gone from the destruction? 
    He doesnt steal on line destruction on matches/cascades
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    Oh good! Hopefully, we’ll finally get that 5* Nick Fury, or even a 5* Super Skrull. Though, if we get a Skrull, it’ll probably be a 4* Granny Skrull, since that one from the trailer is obviously super important.