Stan Lee

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wont be the same without him. thanks for everything, Stan. RIP.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you Stan.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stan Lee the world will never know a truer legend. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sad day indeed. The world is a poorer place without him. But still far better than it would have been without his work. I feel like it's not really going to hit home until I see the first MCU flick without a cameo, tho. R.I.P.
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Rest in peace master..

Nuff said!!!
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    RIP Stan Lee.  I can has sad.  :(
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    RIP Stan :'(

Ironic that his last 'Cameo' was in the DC Universe in Teen Titans - Go to the Movies.

KGB
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Ironic that his last 'Cameo' was in the DC Universe in Teen Titans - Go to the Movies.

KGB
    Filming had wrapped in Avengers 4, Captain Marvel and Spiderman Far From Home.  There might be a few more to be seen.

Stan will be missed, but good stories will live on for ages.  Excelsior!

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    RIP Stan , 

It feels like losing a friend, so many great creations , such a wonderful imagination. 

Thanks for everything Stan, you were awesome. We will miss you 

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:

KGB
    Filming had wrapped in Avengers 4, Captain Marvel and Spiderman Far From Home.  There might be a few more to be seen.

Stan will be missed, but good stories will live on for ages.  Excelsior!

He may be in the animated Spderman movie next month as well, and probably in Dark Phoenix.
    As for the MCU, I'm sure they will acknowledge his passing in Captain Marvel and hopefully they do a life retrospective as a post credits scene at the end of Spiderman FFH.

And just imagine this:
    Most MCU movies end with the line Soandso will return. At the end of the movie with his 2nd to last cameo, they say, "Stan Lee will return", then wait a couple seconds before adding, "One more time". I can picture the audience exploding with applause.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    There will never be someone with such an incredible impact on the comics industry ever again. But Stan transcended that industry and became a true pop culture icon. He will be missed.

But before we get too sad, let's wait for the inevitable retcon that brings him back from the dead. 🙂 

(No disrespect meant, just trying to make the best of a sad situation. Something I think Stan may have enjoyed.)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    RIP Stan, you truly are and always will be the man. Excelsior!
    DarthDeVo said:

But before we get too sad, let's wait for the inevitable retcon that brings him back from the dead. 🙂 

(No disrespect meant, just trying to make the best of a sad situation. Something I think Stan may have enjoyed.)
    Ha, when I first heard the news it was in a meeting at work my response was "I guess the snap finally caught up with him"  a co-worked replied "Stan Lee will be back in Avengers 4"

If only life worked that way...
  • Ex_XMan_Man
    Ex_XMan_Man Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Gonna sound crazy, but out of all the things I remember Stan Lee doing, his cameo in Mallrats was something else.  I think it showcased how fascinated people are with Stan and how he came up with all of these characters.  He had a couple good lines in there too, but you can google it if you haven't seen it.

"The Thing! Is his dork made of orange rock like the rest of his body?!"

Glad to see others remember that cameo.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Farewell, Stan.  At least the folks in the afterlife are going to be jazzed to see what you and Jack and Steve come up with next.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Gonna sound crazy, but out of all the things I remember Stan Lee doing, his cameo in Mallrats was something else.  I think it showcased how fascinated people are with Stan and how he came up with all of these characters.  He had a couple good lines in there too, but you can google it if you haven't seen it.

"The Thing! Is his dork made of orange rock like the rest of his body?!"

Glad to see others remember that cameo.
    LOL!  That's one of them!

So many of these showbiz people are such fake clowns.  Stan just seemed like a regular guy with a very creative mind that didn't have to be "artsy eccentric."
  • dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Farewell, Stan.  At least the folks in the afterlife are going to be jazzed to see what you and Jack and Steve come up with next.
    ;) Jack passed with an ax to grind with Stan. I doubt that will be changing in the afterlife.