Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Sick of pulling 2*s

DoomphoenixDoomphoenix Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Am I  the only one who believes that the distribution rate of 2* seriously needs to be lowered and 3,4, and 5* distribution rates need to be higher?

Comments

• UrzasheadUrzashead Posts: 62 Match Maker
    The new set is a joke. There is no way the listed stats for pulls is right. Ive opened way to much and pulled nadda. 
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 2,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I  the only one who believes that the distribution rate of 2* seriously needs to be lowered and 3,4, and 5* distribution rates need to be higher?
    3* are the ones that really need a boost. Last time a new 3* came out, it took me longer to get him champed than it usually does for a new 4*.
  • PhumadePhumade Posts: 1,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, a lot of people depend on that steady supply of covers to unlock hp, cp etc.  those 2* farms flip pretty fast, at least once a season per 2*
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, I’m sure no one would complain about getting 3*s more often... but I just checked this morning, and I got 50 3* covers in the last 5 days. That’s pretty good already, I’d say. 
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,089 Chairperson of the Boards
    Urzashead said:
    The new set is a joke. There is no way the listed stats for pulls is right. Ive opened way to much and pulled nadda. 
    Wrong game.
  • Shintok17Shintok17 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    I like pulling 2*'s it helps with my farm. It's a steady amount of resources for me. 
  • Dragon_NexusDragon_Nexus Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    My issue is less with 2* covers and more about when I pull a bunch in a row. But that's just how chance works.
    Nothing like having a 10-pack heroic with eight 2*s in it.

I still use them though. HP, CP and 3* covers from farming them. So it works out.
  • RhipfRhipf Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    What really needs to change is the pull rate of 2* and 3* from standard tokens. I usually just save these up until I have 80+ and once I've pulled them all I end up with 10ish covers I can use and the rest are 1* covers that I end up selling for some iso-8. Since 1* covers are virtually useless at this point their pull rate could be lowered I'm sure (setting 2* cover pulls to 1:5 and 3* covers to 1:25 should hurt new player much).
  • DogfaceDogface Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    I'm fine with pulling 2* and an occasional 3* from elite tokens, but what i really would like to see changed is heroic tokens. It bugs me big time pulling a 2* from a heroic token. They are much less common than elite tokens and should ideally award only 3* and 4* (no need to even change the chance for a 4*).
  • CNashCNash Posts: 893 Critical Contributor
    On paper it does look like 2-stars and 4-stars are much easier to obtain, and that 3-stars are left in the dust - they don't have a token of their own, for one thing, as Elites and Heroics are (primarily) "2-star with a chance of 3-star" and Legendaries are "4-star with a chance of 5-star".

However I would say that on balance, there are more opportunities to get 3-stars than just random token pulls. One per day from DDQ; one per PVP event at 800 / 28 wins; SHIELD Sim progression; 2-star feeders; plus placement in events which isn't hard to obtain even if not playing optimally. While I'd of course welcome a 3-star token, I don't necessarily think the situation is dire enough to need them.

However, what I think we do need is a way to expedite the transition from 2 to 3 to 4-star play. It's not hugely fair to new players to leave them stuck in 3-star land for an extended period of time with the same 45 characters while the 4-star tier enjoys a new character release every other week, with commensurate levels of hype and fanfare.
  • Twomp_thaDJTwomp_thaDJ Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It’s hard to say it’s too many only because I’m more of a veteran player, meaning I gain tokens like that just buy doing my daily stuff.. a new player or more casual player may not be seeing as many tokens.. we just 2* a lot because we gain bookoo amounts of tokens and heck some folks hoard them.. I do agree with someone else in here when they said we two 4* should feed one 5*
  • DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    This has been a long standing issue in the game.

They need to figure out a way to phase 2 stars out once you hit a certain roster strength. At the 4 star tier moving towards 5 star land, i dont want 2s anymore, i want 3s to build my 4s higher which help me build my 5s.

This game takes forever to get anywhere and it's finally starting to get to me.

• DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    edited November 6
    Another thing too, is the severe amount of 2 stars that are drawn on every token is the main reason i do not spend any money on packs, heroes for hire ETC because they all contain elite tokens which always turn into 2 stars. 

It's so depressing.....
  • JackTenrecJackTenrec Posts: 687 Critical Contributor
    Another possibility for easing this pain would be to add additional 3* feeders to the 2* champion rewards.  Each 2* only feeds covers to one character; perhaps this could be updated to include an additional set of covers so that each 2* champion would feed two (or more) characters in the 3* tier.  This still wouldn't provide full coverage in terms of 3* roster completion, but it would take the sting out of those extra 2* draws if they accelerated definite progress towards additional 3*s.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing is for certain: none of us should switch to playing MtG Puzzle Quest because it sounds like the grass isn't any greener over there.
  • randomhero1090randomhero1090 Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    My season heroic 10 pack was 3x3* and 7x2*.  Sorry, that's tinykitty.

I'm fine with 2* dominating elite tokens.  But the pull rate for 3*+ in heroics needs to be upped.

Or, as @JackTenrec said, up the rewards in the 2s.
  • Nick441234Nick441234 Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    No way I want 2*s gone, and I'm in 5* land now. The amount of stuff I earn through my 2* farm, It would reduce considerably were I to stop receiving 2*s. 
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 2,190 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm fine with 2* dominating elite tokens.  But the pull rate for 3*+ in heroics needs to be upped.
    That was about what I was thinking. Keep the ratios the same in Standard and Elite tokens, but bump Heroics up to something like 25% 3* (currently 20%) and 7.5% 4* (currently 6.75%). Or introducing a 3*/4* token with maybe a 70-80% 3* chance, and making those available in proportion to Heroics in about the same ratio as Elites to Standards now.