Sick of pulling 2*s

Options
2»

Comments

• Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My season heroic 10 pack was 3x3* and 7x2*.  Sorry, that's tinykitty.

Yeah. My 10-pack was 2x3* and 8x2*.  -So like the equivalent of two days of DPD. 

And my collection of 25 Latest Legends, for Wasp Exodus Day, netted 1x5*.  Nearly took another 2+ year break. 

I dont mind pulling 2-stars from standards or elites. But pulling them from heroics, and the abysmal 5-Star rates, are the notable fun-killers in a game I otherwise like playing. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yeah yeah we all have farms, but c'mon when was the last time you were anything but meh about getting a 2*daken from a vault?

Would you REALLY rather have the same level of 2*s than more 4*s? 
    ya'll being super disingenuous about how awesome it feels pulling ANOTHER moonstone, even from standards.

"I'm a 5 star player and I really need 50hp (3/50) from my farm over another champ level for a middling 4*" said no honest player ever. 

nope. stop right there- you do not get to drag newbs roster costs into the discussion about more 3* availability either. so much false argumentation. ANY 2->3 transition player would rather have more 3*s.
    If ya'll are 5* players and are just farming: the rewards from 3*'s are better. That's like saying I only want cheap fertilizer that doesn't work as good instead of better nutrients at the same cost. 

It boggles that anyone would be against improved rewards
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    purplemur said:

The bean counters in charge of the game would probably not be in favor of increased rewards unless you can somehow show it would not lead to reduced Revenue. Got to keep the lights on and the staff fed after all.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Now that I'm firmly into 3 star farming (have even started on my 2nd cycle), I would love more 3 stars to take the place of the mountains.

I doubt that will ever happen, but a more realistic measure IMO would be to eliminate standard tokens for higher level players. At the very least, my 2 star farm would cycle faster and I'd get a few more 3 star drops.

Getting all these 1 stars and standard tokens annoys me more than getting 2s at this point. Though my suggested solution will always to combine the 1 and 2 star tiers, with 1s getting appropriate buffs.

Though HP and iso no longer being a huge factor for me anymore, I did roster and level up 1 star Spiderman just for the fun of it. I love seeing his 1st appearance cover on my roster screen.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not going to lie something feels off..just got a 10 pack for day 1450 or so and it was 9 2s and a 4.  I'll take the 4 for sure, but seems like the 9 2s are a bit much.
  • smkspy
    Options
    cozmo1682 said:
    Not going to lie something feels off..just got a 10 pack for day 1450 or so and it was 9 2s and a 4.  I'll take the 4 for sure, but seems like the 9 2s are a bit much.
    4 star dilution has killed heroic 10 packs. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy said:
    I never looked at 10-packs as a reliable way to get 4* characters, anyway.  The relevant question was always whether you'd manage to get a 3* BH or two.
  • smkspy
    edited November 2018
    Options
    smkspy said:
    I never looked at 10-packs as a reliable way to get 4* characters, anyway.  The relevant question was always whether you'd manage to get a 3* BH or two.

It was far from reliable, but pre-75 four stars and BH days, the chances of 3s and 4s were far likely it felt. Now I fully expect opening a 10 pack and getting 1-3 (at best) 3s and maybe a BH. A single 4 is a blessing.

I'm just membering the good ole days of vaulting where latest 12 made those seasons ten pack fun to open. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    smkspy said:

It was far from reliable, but pre-75 four stars and BH days, the chances of 3s and 4s were far likely it felt. Now I fully expect opening a 10 pack and getting 1-3 (at best) 3s and maybe a BH. A single 4 is a blessing.

I'm just membering the good ole days of vaulting where latest 12 made those seasons ten pack fun to open. 
    The number of 4s available is irrelevant to the chance of pulling a 4
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    purplemur said:

The bean counters in charge of the game would probably not be in favor of increased rewards unless you can somehow show it would not lead to reduced Revenue. Got to keep the lights on and the staff fed after all.
    Well, the extra long double iso for anniversary shows we love it.  Maybe they will see that data and make some adjustments. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Quebbster said:
    purplemur said:

Well, the extra long double iso for anniversary shows we love it.  Maybe they will see that data and make some adjustments. 
    Well I for one would love to see that happen. Or even some way to earn more ISO. I realize eventually that people become post-ISO, but the time that takes to happen is really quite a long time in terms of sticking with a game. Most people don't stay with a mobile game more then a year, let alone 2 or 3.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Quebbster said:
    purplemur said:

Of course we ALL universally love more rewards. Whether or not that leads to increased spending is the question. I’m guessing no. Why buy something you are getting for free?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RNG is gonna rng. Sometimes it's good sometimes bad.

I just opened my season 10 pack. I got:

4 2 stars
    4 3 stars (1 was a bonus)
    3 4 stars

The champ levels from these gave me 2 more 4* and 1 more 3*.

I have a daily reward for a 10 pack coming up soon and will update with how it goes. I'm willing to say it will not be as good as this one.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My season heroic 10 pack was 3x3* and 7x2*.  Sorry, that's tinykitty.

Well, considering the odds are about 1/4 for a 3* and 1/14 for a 4*, that sounds pretty average.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just had my daily reward 10 pack for day 1687. It was another good one.

Four 3* (2 bonus)
    One 4*
    Champ rewards from the 10 pack got me another 4*.

I have had times where it feels like I get nothing. Those times will really stick out in your mind. Everytime I open a 10 pack I expect nothing largely because I have had lousy 10 packs before. But I also get really nice ones on occasion too like these last 2 I opened.

Tldr: rng is rng, sometimes it curses you sometimes it blesses you.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's be nice if you could somehow trade tokens for better odds. But that would probably take a lot of work to implement. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well I for one would love to see that happen. Or even some way to earn more ISO. I realize eventually that people become post-ISO, but the time that takes to happen is really quite a long time in terms of sticking with a game. Most people don't stay with a mobile game more then a year, let alone 2 or 3.
    That sunk cost fallacy is real though.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, they can fix the heroic 10 pack by having a guaranteed 3*, a guaranteed 4* and a guaranteed bonus hero in each pack.  As for pulling 2s I don't mind. I'd like to see them up the odds of pulling 2s from standards though. Maybe introduce a gold standard, a standard with gold around the edge, that you could only pull randomly from Shield Sim and it would be a guaranteed 3* or Bag Man. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guaranteed things are expensive. Expect 10 pack to be harder to achieve and the price tag for purchasing 10 packs will increase. So, I think in the long run, the tradeoff won't be attractive. Think of the recent change to pack odds, vaults and other events.

Still, I think having a good idea of how probability works is good to manage expectations. For example, 1:5 doesn't mean that you will get a 3* every 5 HT, but in a large sample size, on average, you will get one 3* every 5 HTs opened.

A long term solution which I seen somewhere is the probability of getting certain tiered character increases if the player doesn't get a 3* on the 5th draw. It might drop to 1:4 and so on until it reaches a guaranteed draw.