Sick of pulling 2*s

Doomphoenix
Doomphoenix Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Am I  the only one who believes that the distribution rate of 2* seriously needs to be lowered and 3,4, and 5* distribution rates need to be higher?

Comments

• Urzashead
    Urzashead Posts: 64 Match Maker
    The new set is a joke. There is no way the listed stats for pulls is right. Ive opened way to much and pulled nadda. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I  the only one who believes that the distribution rate of 2* seriously needs to be lowered and 3,4, and 5* distribution rates need to be higher?
    3* are the ones that really need a boost. Last time a new 3* came out, it took me longer to get him champed than it usually does for a new 4*.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, a lot of people depend on that steady supply of covers to unlock hp, cp etc.  those 2* farms flip pretty fast, at least once a season per 2*
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, I’m sure no one would complain about getting 3*s more often... but I just checked this morning, and I got 50 3* covers in the last 5 days. That’s pretty good already, I’d say. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I like pulling 2*'s it helps with my farm. It's a steady amount of resources for me. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My issue is less with 2* covers and more about when I pull a bunch in a row. But that's just how chance works.
    Nothing like having a 10-pack heroic with eight 2*s in it.

I still use them though. HP, CP and 3* covers from farming them. So it works out.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    What really needs to change is the pull rate of 2* and 3* from standard tokens. I usually just save these up until I have 80+ and once I've pulled them all I end up with 10ish covers I can use and the rest are 1* covers that I end up selling for some iso-8. Since 1* covers are virtually useless at this point their pull rate could be lowered I'm sure (setting 2* cover pulls to 1:5 and 3* covers to 1:25 should hurt new player much).
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I'm fine with pulling 2* and an occasional 3* from elite tokens, but what i really would like to see changed is heroic tokens. It bugs me big time pulling a 2* from a heroic token. They are much less common than elite tokens and should ideally award only 3* and 4* (no need to even change the chance for a 4*).
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    On paper it does look like 2-stars and 4-stars are much easier to obtain, and that 3-stars are left in the dust - they don't have a token of their own, for one thing, as Elites and Heroics are (primarily) "2-star with a chance of 3-star" and Legendaries are "4-star with a chance of 5-star".

However I would say that on balance, there are more opportunities to get 3-stars than just random token pulls. One per day from DDQ; one per PVP event at 800 / 28 wins; SHIELD Sim progression; 2-star feeders; plus placement in events which isn't hard to obtain even if not playing optimally. While I'd of course welcome a 3-star token, I don't necessarily think the situation is dire enough to need them.

However, what I think we do need is a way to expedite the transition from 2 to 3 to 4-star play. It's not hugely fair to new players to leave them stuck in 3-star land for an extended period of time with the same 45 characters while the 4-star tier enjoys a new character release every other week, with commensurate levels of hype and fanfare.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    It’s hard to say it’s too many only because I’m more of a veteran player, meaning I gain tokens like that just buy doing my daily stuff.. a new player or more casual player may not be seeing as many tokens.. we just 2* a lot because we gain bookoo amounts of tokens and heck some folks hoard them.. I do agree with someone else in here when they said we two 4* should feed one 5*
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been a long standing issue in the game.

They need to figure out a way to phase 2 stars out once you hit a certain roster strength. At the 4 star tier moving towards 5 star land, i dont want 2s anymore, i want 3s to build my 4s higher which help me build my 5s.

This game takes forever to get anywhere and it's finally starting to get to me.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Another thing too, is the severe amount of 2 stars that are drawn on every token is the main reason i do not spend any money on packs, heroes for hire ETC because they all contain elite tokens which always turn into 2 stars. 

It's so depressing.....
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Another possibility for easing this pain would be to add additional 3* feeders to the 2* champion rewards.  Each 2* only feeds covers to one character; perhaps this could be updated to include an additional set of covers so that each 2* champion would feed two (or more) characters in the 3* tier.  This still wouldn't provide full coverage in terms of 3* roster completion, but it would take the sting out of those extra 2* draws if they accelerated definite progress towards additional 3*s.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing is for certain: none of us should switch to playing MtG Puzzle Quest because it sounds like the grass isn't any greener over there.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    My season heroic 10 pack was 3x3* and 7x2*.  Sorry, that's ****.

I'm fine with 2* dominating elite tokens.  But the pull rate for 3*+ in heroics needs to be upped.

Or, as @JackTenrec said, up the rewards in the 2s.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    No way I want 2*s gone, and I'm in 5* land now. The amount of stuff I earn through my 2* farm, It would reduce considerably were I to stop receiving 2*s. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm fine with 2* dominating elite tokens.  But the pull rate for 3*+ in heroics needs to be upped.
    That was about what I was thinking. Keep the ratios the same in Standard and Elite tokens, but bump Heroics up to something like 25% 3* (currently 20%) and 7.5% 4* (currently 6.75%). Or introducing a 3*/4* token with maybe a 70-80% 3* chance, and making those available in proportion to Heroics in about the same ratio as Elites to Standards now.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    I'm a 5* player and I don't really care whether I get 2*s or 3*s. They're as meaningless to my roster as each other. Not to say they're not useful, but... doesn't really affect me much.

The problem is, for new players, the 2* roster (and quickly, farming) is a pretty vital part of roster development. The amount of resources you gain from champ 2* levels is really important early on. Especially considering how many roster slots are needed now - without that extra HP flow, I seriously question how many new players would stick around. The pay wall for roster slots would be absurd. (I also have a 2-3* dupe account, so speak from experience going through that.)

Whether you're happy with drops of X type or not really just depends on where you're at in the game, I suppose.