Who changed your game?

Options
124»

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Iron fist 3* was a game changer when I managed to champ him because of his utility. I didn't understand IM40 and the need to accelerate back then (why pick a character that would stun himself?). Once I learnt about acceleration the Switch-IF-3Clops combo got me through many a match.

When 3* Strange came it accelerated my PvE (I could actually do full progressions) and he's probably the only 3* I paid many CP to finish off quickly without using it to save a cover and pick up a LT in the process.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Cap was huge for me once upon a time. Damage, defense, stun, get a bunch of your AP back and he can target any enemy special tiles. That was a pretty big deal for a while before I realized the utility of IM40.

4*Lord, I just can't stop singing his praises even now. Makes most powers cheaper, generates AP, can target special tiles (again) and decent AoE damage. 

4* Thor was one of my earliest champs in the tier & total game changer. By then I'd seen the light with IM40 & threw Switch in there. Suddenly I could take the toughest PVE nodes with scaling & everything was fine!

I was fortunate enough to champ JJ & Okoye a week apart & they're so good I'm almost never using one or the other. Okoye Medusa & 3* Thanos get the fastest clears I've ever seen.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For 3* - the biggest initial game changer for me were IF and Luke Cage. I used them with Magneto all the time in PVE. They replaced my Blade/Falcon duo most of the time.

But then Cyclops came, and adding him to the Blade/Falcon duo was amazing.

Kamala was amazing to me when she came out - way faster than Thor and the heal bursts definitely helped. She could pretty much join any team and be the MVP at the time. 

IM40's rework was so good. He helped me transition into 4* land as 4* Thor was my first 4* champ.

When 3* Strange came along, I was already into 4* land. That did not stop me from using him all the time.  I really loved using him with Thanos/BP or Cage/Fist (both 3 and 4*s).

For 4*s, Carol, Medusa and Blade were my everything for a long time.  I still use them all pretty consistently - especially Medusa. I got them champed pretty quickly since they came out in the days of vaulting. They worked great together and with other teams. I was able to build up 4*s much faster after they were on my team. 

Thanos and BP were my first 5*s to get fully covered and eventually champed. They were game changers twice for me. I was still building/champing 4*s when I had them fully covered, so I waited a long time to champ them, but I used them like crazy in PVE while keeping them in the 300s.

I just recently champed them and Peter Parker and that has been the most recent game changer.  I never realized how much more powerful they would be until after champing them. I now pick level 9 PVE without getting nervous 😂

I am looking forward to using America more often. I'm also getting closer to fully covered JJ, 5 Thor and BB- with those I'll feel a little more comfortable dipping back into PVP. I'm already using them more often in PVE (especially JJ).

Reading everyone's posts makes me really want more Okoye covers 😍😂
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Xforce. I was always running behind the meta. Completing Magneto a while after his nerf. Completing Sentry just days before his nerf. But when Xforce got his buff he was already almost complete and from then on I was always playing the meta.