Thee Anniversary Experience...

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Since it's the 5th year, they should let you pick one free 5 star of your choosing. 

A man can dream...... 
    My 0/5/1 Okoye agrees with this. I'd also take eight straight Shuri covers from legendaries. I don't think that's too unreasonable of a request. Not like I'm asking for a date with Scarlett Johansson dressed in her Avengers gear.

I think the date might be easier to ask for hahaha
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Double ISO for the season, new PVE format, and generous rewards. Those seem to be the most requested items. Not sure what else people really wanted from the anniversary of a gem matching game. 
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Loved this anniversary so much!  Double ISO, cleared out my first anniversary vault and working on number 2 (even though it took me 92 pulls to get the last FF token), tons of tokens, HP, DevilDino and Howard Finished, and built up a CP backstock for the cable vault.  Don't know why anyone would complain.  GREATEST ANNIVERSARY YET!!!!
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Double ISO, awesome Anniversary vault with tons of tokens, new event with amazing rewards, new feeder. This anniversary has been pretty awesome!

Thanks for all your work on this, Devs!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    There were many good things in this anniversary, but one of my favourite was having a special LT store open for an extended period of time (and with 5*s useful to me in it). 
    As a non hoarder, release stores are pretty useless to me, whereas this allowed me to pick up some OML and Strange covers (OML is finally champed, yea!) .

I'd love to see stores open like that more often  - season long is probably never going to happen, but it would be nice. 
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    I really enjoyed this year’s anniversary events.

The Places of Power event was fun and the rewards were great.  Double ISO is always good.  Taskmaster is a cool character with a lot of potential to be updated as the game continues.  I’ve almost emptied my anniversary vault just by playing all of the events.

In my opinion, this is the best MPQ anniversary since the first one.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    There were many good things in this anniversary, but one of my favourite was having a special LT store open for an extended period of time (and with 5*s useful to me in it). 
    As a non hoarder, release stores are pretty useless to me, whereas this allowed me to pick up some OML and Strange covers (OML is finally champed, yea!) .

I'd love to see stores open like that more often  - season long is probably never going to happen, but it would be nice. 
    This is a really good point. I didn’t touch the store at all other than the tokens given to me, but they really do benefit hoarders. If they want to limit that, these stores should be open longer. I know for me I fear not having a hoard the day Thanos is added to a new release store. 
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Great anniversary. 
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Overall anniversary experience is great!! 

1. 1st time to reach 1.5million iso
    2. easily hoarded LT during places of power pve
    3.got 1 jj cover from fan favorites, and the 5* feeder chavez + 2 more covers, to make her 5/4/3..
    4. got LT's from devil dino and howard champion covers
    5. bonus hp's, anniversary tokens, etc.  

Sorry if it did not met your expectation. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Really enjoyed this anniversary.

Only complaints were the lack of several 5 feeders, but I really do appreciate the one they gave us. Being one, it was a smart move to make one of the best fives in the game and the best of the non-feeder group that choice.

Biggest letdown I felt was that Taskmaster really felt bungled in his release. Being a limited is one thing, but also being SO limited was pretty petty. They should have just throwing covers at us was just and at the very least have added him to the anniversary vault.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally champed OML through the Fans Favourite store after trying for 2 years. This Anniversary has been nothing but good now! 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, this anniversary wasn't bad but then again, it wasn't great either. 

• Double iso doesn't mean much when you've reach post iso. Gong from 3.x million to 4.x million during this season really is meh.
    • New alliance event was refreshing but the lack of coordination meant my alliance wasn't able to get 2 tokens daily. Heck, the miscommunication via in game chat meant we really struggled to even get 1 token on the first couple of days!
    • Task master being a limited character was another sore point. He's going to be stuck on 1/3/4 for a long time while dino and duck both enjoyed the 6 additional champion levels.
    • Fan favourite store was tempting since my Dr. Strange only have 2 covers. My oml and JJ are both championed though so I held off using cp here and only pulled whatever tokens was earned (got another JJ champion level and the remaining were all 4* covers for more champion levels). 
    • Cable look interesting but I think I'll wait for him to enter latest. Gambit and AA are not worth chasing.
    A simple update of the 3*/4* champion rewards/feeders would have been enough. A lot of it is outdated and makes no sense what so ever. 
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    This was the first anniversary I've experienced, so I can't comment on the others, but the Iso was great for me and while I got enough covers to start champing my first batch of 4 stars, not getting Cable in any of my draws was very disappointing.  The last few events leading up to Kitty's release I've always managed to pull at least one cover for the new release.  Also the Places of Power event was confusing and unless you have a very well covered alliance, there was no way for you to cover more than one site.  My alliance is a mixed bag of Vets and noobs with middle of the road players. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall...this has been fantastic.
    Mis-communication with the new event was a bit of a bummer, but after day one my alliance got to grips with it and we walked away with 3 legendaries and a load of other rewards.

I feel this has been the best anniversary since the first, honestly. I had insanely good luck with the vault, I had enough HP and lucky HP pulls that I could keep using 10-packs. I ended up resetting the vault I think 3 times? I've gained 10 Howard covers and 18 Devil Dinos and a bunch of other 4*s from the vault.

PvP has been fun. PvEs were good choices. Double ISO has given me more than I know what to do with...it's just been great!
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    This has been my favorite anniversary actually, and I've been through all of them. Between the double ISO, all the vaults from new events, getting Kitty Pryde and Cable released, I have no complaints worth talking about. 

I've been able to champ 2 5*s, keep my 2* and 3* farms going like clockwork, and I have all but 12 4*s champed now. It's been refreshing to actually not feel rushed in spending ISO and most of the events have had my favorite characters boosted.

I would love more 4* feeders for 5*s, but honestly I was so excited about America feeding JJ that I didn't really think of them announcing feeders for everyone.  This year's anniversary was a huge improvement over the last couple of years. I haven’t been this happy to play the game in years. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Overall it was a pretty decent Anniversary.

I cleared my first ever Anniversary vault which was very satisfying.

I can now champ both Dino and Howard at some point.

Double Iso allowed me to champ 4* Punisher, Ant-man and Ghost and put some iso into others.

I did finally get a Cable cover which was green and he is great fun even just with that single power.

My Alliance smashed Come and Get Me.

Things I wasn’t so keen on:

Places of Power – not really my thing and my alliance weren’t quite up to getting the LT’S but the CP was cool. Kudos to Devs for trying something new.

Frustrating experience with the Mutant Mayhem store and getting way below odds, this is now becoming such a regular occurrence that I may simply avoid these in future.

Disappointed Taskmaster was limited but fair play to Dev’s for making his Crash winnable.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Best 5th Anniversary that they've EVER done!!!

;)

• Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    1.Task Master is champed.
    2.Went from oml-1 cover, jj-1 cover, and strange-2 covers to oml-7, jj-10, and strange-9; +2 bonus thor covers.
    Did this with around ~75 pulls mind you :smile:
    3. Champed 4 4* characters.....howard and taskmaster included.

Yup, I am happy lol   
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll say the same thing I said last year for anniversary, 

Anytime I get more Iso than usual, it's a win in my book.