Protector objective and Karn's first ability [Investigating]

Tilwin90
Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
During HoD I noticed a very strange behaviour regarding the left node's Protector objective (lose X or less creatures).
Note that I have been playing wtih Karn in that node.
Let me mention that I lost NO creatures during these matches - creature destruction, bounce, exile, etc. Nada!

However, there were times when the protector objective went up to 1/3 or even 2/3.
After monitoring the matches a bit I noticed this is as a result of using Karn's first ability, that actually exiles creatures FROM YOUR LIBRARY.

Two things that worry me here:
1) That creature exiling is counted in by the objective - exiling does not count as creature destruction.
2) That creature CARDS from the library are considered for the objective.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Glad to see you here again.

Perhaps what you have suffered is related with this https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75300/exiling-embalm-creatures#latest
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    rafalele said:
    Glad to see you here again.

Perhaps what you have suffered is related with this https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75300/exiling-embalm-creatures#latest
    I think its related to the 2.9 change where an exiled creature counts as a lost creature for objectives.

I would assume it is supposed to only be exiled from the field, but they screwed up the coding somewhere and it just counts exile from any effect from everywhere.
  • souki12
    souki12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Mburn7 said:

I would assume it is supposed to only be exiled from the field, but they screwed up the coding somewhere and it just counts exile from any effect from everywhere.
    It must count from everywhere after the update. I've just lost an objective because of this in ToA. Gather the Pack created the embalm seeds everywhere and plenty of those were triggered during the game. I ended the game with 6 destroyed creatures, although I lost just a single one on the battlefield.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    souki12 said:
    Mburn7 said:

It must count from everywhere after the update. I've just lost an objective because of this in ToA. Gather the Pack created the embalm seeds everywhere and plenty of those were triggered during the game. I ended the game with 6 destroyed creatures, although I lost just a single one on the battlefield.
    That I'm not sure of, since I'm also running a Gather the Pack embalm deck on the White node and I haven't had any issues with it.  Did you exile any creatures from your hand?  Or lose them some other way?
  • souki12
    souki12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Mburn7 said:
    souki12 said:
    Mburn7 said:

That I'm not sure of, since I'm also running a Gather the Pack embalm deck on the White node and I haven't had any issues with it.  Did you exile any creatures from your hand?  Or lose them some other way?
    No, I have not exiled anything from my hand. The only other creature loss might have been when I did not replace the creatures on the battlefield with the incoming creatures from embalm. The weird thing is that the objective was 5/4 as if I have lost 5 creatures, but I was awarded the point for it. Now I have no idea why it was once counted as OK, and not OK in the previous case when it was 6/4.

Anyway, exiling creatures (from anywhere) should not be counted imo.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I've confirmed that the team is aware of this issue with Karn's ability counting toward the Protector and Sacrifice objectives. I'll go ahead and add this to the bug list. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Still an issue. 

Experiencing on left colorless node of HoD Bolas1 event
  • Wolfbane
    Wolfbane Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I would argue that Exile is not the same as being destroyed and therefor it should never count against creature lost or destroyed  objectives.
    Exile places a creature outside the game in the exile stack where it can not be directly manipulated whereas death or destruction places a creature in the graveyard where it can be manipulated / retrieved/ resurrected etc.
  • Tilwin90
    Hmm, I noticed a similar interesting behaviour in Across Ixalan just now.
    I was playing a Koth deck with Apex of Power that I cast a few times thorough the match.
    Now I didn't properly track what it discarded, but if memory serves right a few creatures did get exiled from my hand.

At the end of match, the game reported 8/5 creature killed on my side, but since in reality I had lost 2 or 3 as having been killed for real, the objective was marked as red. So the question here is whether the display of the objective is bugged but the pass/fail condition is correct?
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Bumping this cuz this bug seems to still be going strong and costing points 
  • Tilwin90
    This still hasn't been fixed!