Update to S.H.I.E.L.D. Daily Resupply (9/27/18)

13»

Comments

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Day 1577 vet on my second account. A long time ago, when you played this game, the standard token could actually give you a three star or even a four star.  So thanks for returning to us long time players that random slight chance to get at least a 3 star again. You are giving us a 6.25% chance to get a three star. (25% x 25%), which is of course better than nothing.

Normally this is the random drops.  
    • Standard Pack Token (25%)
    • 50 Hero Points (12.5%)
    • 500 Iso-8 (12.5%)
    • 250 Iso-8 (12.5%)
    • 3x Health Packs (12.5%)
    • 3x All color Damage Boosts (12.5%)
    • 3x All color AP Boosts (12.5%)

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I take a +2 Black-Green/+1 All AP when I'm fighting an opposing Vulture in PVE/PVP with my own, and +2 Yellow-Red/+1 All AP when fighting opposing IM40s with my own. The race to 6 Black or 6 Yellow often decides the match when they've got a boosted character just waiting to wreck your life with the generated AP. I also use them on tough 5E nodes, when the opposing team can generate AP and get attacks off much quicker than I can due to the presence of goons. I used to find boosts largely useless too, and kinda still do (I still have 30 "limited time" character boosts for Nightcrawler, Valkryie, etc collecting dust), but the AP stockpiles can be lifesavers. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    @whitecat31: Standard Tokens no longer have a chance at a 4* , but they do give a small chance at receiving two 3*s (the random 3* plus a guaranteed BH 3*).
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    +2 team up ap for Okoye; +2 of any pair of colors to jump start America's critical generating passive sooner
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR said:
    @whitecat31: Standard Tokens no longer have a chance at a 4* , but they do give a small chance at receiving two 3*s (the random 3* plus a guaranteed BH 3*).
    Somehow I actually got 2 (4 with BHs) yesterday out of only 4 total pulls!

Thor + Strange BH, then 1*, then 1*, then IM40 + Strange BH.

I should have changed BH after the first one (I always focus on 3* BHs that will get me HP champ rewards), but I had 0.00000% expectations of seeing another one in such short time. Got lazy and "paid the price"... I guess...
    Though, to be honest, I'll "pay" that "price" any day. :wink:

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Considering that every fight has a chance to give boosts as a bonus reward, they flow in pretty regularly and I nearly always have 30 of each type. Because of this, I am always disappointed to get them as a resupply. It would be nice to either replace them with virtually anything else, or add code so that anyone with 30 gets them replaced. Even 100 iso8 would be better.

I feel the same way about health packs, but I understand why some people like to stock up on them. They also have no hard cap like supports, so even players like me do still get some use out of them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    Considering that every fight has a chance to give boosts as a bonus reward, they flow in pretty regularly and I nearly always have 30 of each type. Because of this, I am always disappointed to get them as a resupply. It would be nice to either replace them with virtually anything else, or add code so that anyone with 30 gets them replaced. Even 100 iso8 would be better.

I feel the same way about health packs, but I understand why some people like to stock up on them. They also have no hard cap like supports, so even players like me do still get some use out of them.
    I used to save them too, then I realized I have more ISO than I can spend anyway so I may as well use boosts when I can. Now it seems I am Always running low, so I don't mind getting new ones at all. Means it takes a Little while longer Before I need to press the "buy more" button...
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    No Red Iso?  No support tokens?  No update to the 90 Days for a 5* cover?  I am glad this was looked at just seems underwhelming. 
    They're removing and improving the more useless rewards.  Why would they add supports and/or red ISO in if they are trying to minimize the garbage awards?