Update to S.H.I.E.L.D. Daily Resupply (9/27/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

S.H.I.E.L.D Daily Resupply rewards have been updated! Veteran players will now begin to see additional rewards in their daily resupply rotation. 

More details are listed below:
  • Players will continue to earn specific rewards on key days
  • Players will continue to earn from a pool of other potential rewards on other days. These pools are based on how long they have been playing, as shown below:
    • Day 1+
      • Healthpacks (3x)
      • Boosts (All Starting AP or All Match Damage)
      • Iso-8 (250 or 500)
      • Hero Points (50)
      • Tokens (Standard)
    • Day 365+
      • Healthpacks (5x)
      • Iso-8 (250 or 500)
      • Hero Points (50)
      • Tokens (Standard)
    • Day 730+
      • Healthpacks (5x)
      • Iso-8 (250 or 500)
      • Hero Points (50)
      • Tokens (Standard or Elite)
    • Day 1095+
      • Healthpacks (5x)
      • Iso-8 (250 or 500)
      • Hero Points (50)
      • Tokens (Elite)

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Oh yay I still need to play "today" to get my rewards.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby - Is there any related information about the apparent reset of the 4* sequence in daily resupply as discussed in this thread?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very nice news! I wouldn't mind seeing a Day 1460+ update as well. While I'm sure the 4+ year player base is small, it would be a nice way to say thank you and keep us excited.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    The only change I care about (and it's about time), is that I won't see Standard Tokens in my Resupply anymore.  So that's nice.  >shrug<

Look, I don't mean to be ungrateful, and the changes are better than a kick to the head, but the lack of any increase in HP, CP, ISO, RISO, Covers, or Supports, makes this update underwhelming.  

Still... Thanks. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    I’m suprised there was no increase to ISO or HP. Super glad they didn’t throw red iso or support tokens in there. Last thing I was is a reward more useless to me than the boosts. 

Thanks for the change even if is on the small side. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    They're missing the 4 yr update to 1000ISO or something of the like.  
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    This is good, and appreciated, but @Brigby, is there any update planned to the obtainable cover rewards for longtime players?  I'm coming up on day 1750, and certainly some folks are already past it, and the fact that the covers seem to be repeating from the very beginning of the cycle (4* Wolverine cover for day 1750.... um.  Yay?) is a bit of a bummer.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I am at 904 and got an elite token today.  I am glad for the change.
  • andrewqsmith
    andrewqsmith Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Today I hit day 1800. A sad fact I know. Would be nice to have something to help my addiction to this game. Though I am happy to say goodby to those standard tokens, the changes listed could have be shrunk as most of it is redundant.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Any update is appreciated.
    But this is as close to a non-update as it gets.

Seriously, anyone who stays with a F2P game for more than a year should NOT get standard tokens.
    After a year they should be very deep into the 3* tier, so they should get heroics.

Past year 2 you should get more - say, 3 heroics?

Anyone past year 3 should be cherished and get something special - I don't know what, but it certainly isn't elite tokens.

And come on, your implementation of Supports continues to boggle the mind.
    Did you really forget about them again when updating the supply?
    No red iso?
    Not even beginner support tokens?
    No comment on the 4* covers starting over from scratch?
    No comment on the laughable 90 day interval for 5* covers?

I was wondering why you didn't communicate a positive change like the improved daily drops - after seeing the actual changes spelled out, I know why you didn't communicate it ahead of time.

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Comparison to Marvel Strike Force:
    Monthly updates, changing/buffing multiple characters, adding features, and introducing new characters
    Daily rewards that affect multiple aspects of your roster
    Errors on their end are generously compensated
    Continuously updated story modes, new events
    Alliance play that actually requires daily communication

It's not even close.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    They should really sprinkle in some Support tokens once in awhile. It's not like it's gonna break the game.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Zappa said:
    Monthly updates, changing/buffing multiple characters, adding features, and introducing new characters

It's not even close.
    I played Marvel Strike Force a little bit after it was released and stopped playing it last month, due to not being able to fully put all my time into it since MPQ is my full time game. I also got bored of it. Besides that I agree with all your points except the Alliance part. You did not need to communicate daily. My alliance did Raids daily and sometimes 2 a day depending if they had the special ones up and no one had to chat to coordinate them. Only 1 time a member had to say something, because people were finishing off someone else's line of missions instead of completing the ones that were not done yet. Since 100% completion gives you more rewards everyone usually would choose different lines of missions to complete in Alliance Raids. 

In MPQ its the same thing really, as long as everyone participates in the Boss then no communication is needed unless it's to motivate or congratulate the Alliance or members. It all depends on what kind of alliance your in. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I appreciate the effort but man I'm 1777 days  in this game. Red iso/ iso/ 4 (mostly 5) covers/certain boost and CP are the only thing I can really use

But 500iso maybe... or 50hp maybe...

man come on d3, not asking for massive handout.

Heck you can even take away and reduced the HP more if you planned on giving out more 5 covers...

But the increase is meh.

Thanks for looking into it, thanks for a little bit more. But truthfully for people are 4 years deep into the game this is pretty useless.

Here's hoping you have two more tiers of updates to announce or something.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Zappa said:

It's not even close.
    Don't forget the massive amount of in game communications about every little aspect.  Compare to mpq, when a massively requested item (overhauling daily rewards) is live in game almost two days before announcement on forum, with no in-game message.

And generous compensation at msf is an understatement.  I cant tell you how many times i logged in to all sorts of good stuff due to something weird that *literally* did not affect me.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 1802 here.  A heroic token today.

The upcoming schedule shows me...
    1805 coming up is 25 CP
    1806 is 100 HP
    1809 is a LT.

I mean, these are nice... but it's not the norm.  Usually get less.. 

That said, I like the change.  Its positive.  It's just a little lacking for anyone who's celebrating their OWN 5th anniversary with MPQ (not counting beta time spent)... not just the game's 5th anniversary.