Update to S.H.I.E.L.D. Daily Resupply (9/27/18)

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, those of us who should be working on their 5* roster, and have maxchamed all 2* over a year ago are... going from getting a 1* token to a 2* token.  Thanks?  I guess it is technically better, but I don't really get the point of doing anything at all if it is still largely irrelevant.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad they updated something; however, I echo the sentiment voiced by others prior that it is not much of an update for vets that have been playing for 3+ years. I mentioned in another related (now closed) thread that it would be nice to get some retroactive compensation for standard tokens granted post year 4 and immediately got criticized unfairly for having an "attitude." I'm not asking for free 5*s or 10,000 iso days. We should not be getting standard tokens or color boosts as daily rewards for 3+-year players. Sorry if this offends some sensibilities around here but that is my opinion, as a close to 5-year player that has heavily supported this game, and I'm entitled to it. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I'm less than a year in, but have all 3s rostered. Most of those are champed. 2* farm been going a while. Like one third of the 4s rostered, and a handful of 5s.

I've already felt that the daily reward is negligible. It is pretty disheartening to see that I won't expect any improvements for literally years. I guess it's nice that you've made any improvement, but it is really hard for me to look at this and think this benefits my experience in any way. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    I’m suprised there was no increase to ISO or HP. Super glad they didn’t throw red iso or support tokens in there. Last thing I was is a reward more useless to me than the boosts. 

Thanks for the change even if is on the small side. 
    Soooooooo don’t give us any of the new useless stuff give us more of the useless stuff we get just by playing PvE.. gotcha..
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    I'm also less then a year in, so this effects me in no way whatsoever.

But I don't think a daily reward is negligible when I've been given 4* covers, free of charge. So far the resupply has increased as my needs have, so I have little to complain about yet. In fact so far it feels great, like even the game makers want me to do well. I can understand that loosing this feeling over time will leave people with a downright sour feeling, and the resupply not advancing with their needs makes them feel unappreciated. (Something not to look forward to).

Redoing the resupply to include Riso and support tokens would have made sense (especially after the new increased riso update), but I still think they have no idea what they want to make of the whole supports topic, and how they want to handle it. Until they figure that out, it's unlikely that supports and riso will be included in any updates.
    All in all, this feels kinda underwhelming as far as updates go.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad they updated something; however, I echo the sentiment voiced by others prior that it is not much of an update for vets that have been playing for 3+ years. I mentioned in another related (now closed) thread that it would be nice to get some retroactive compensation for standard tokens granted post year 4 and immediately got criticized unfairly for having an "attitude." I'm not asking for free 5*s or 10,000 iso days. We should not be getting standard tokens or color boosts as daily rewards for 3+-year players. Sorry if this offends some sensibilities around here but that is my opinion, as a close to 5-year player that has heavily supported this game, and I'm entitled to it. 
    Yeah, i saw that as well, and it got closed before i could add my two cents.  

There is most definitely a fine line when it comes to entitlement.  I usually err on the side of caution, and am not a fan of retroactive compensation for some changes, especially smaller ones like this.

However, and this is a big caveat, when we are talking about such a minor change, it would not have killed them to throw in something to people supporting the game for 3+ years.

Secondly, had they really revamped it, and made it much better, with rewards to look forward to as a vet, we would be less likely to even be having this conversation.  Look at other revamps.  Ddq, node rewards, etc.  Sure, we wish for better, but we acknowledge significant changes when we see it.  For people at 3+ years, this isn't really a significant change.
  • beyonderbub
    Maybe retroactive compensation is a path we don’t want to go down. I’m ok with that. I’ve always been a proponent of “every token counts” outlook. However, this was a good chance to work in the new shiny, supports, by providing red iso rewards as well as beginner support tokens at the very least into the daily reward schedule and they failed to do so. Maybe post anniversary update down the road
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Yawn.......

I see why they didn't bother announcing this before hand. Nothing to see here folks .... move along
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Day 1563 and just a different token to get my 2* from. Thanks, I think.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    They can't improve the daily resupply too much because if it's too good it would reduce the number of folks paying for the daily VIP rewards. Unless of course they then also boosted the VIP rewards. But we couldn't have all those cumulative daily rewards running around in the wild - no one would play that game. Unless you also boosted.. well you see where this would lead.

TL;DR: You give a mouse a cookie...
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I keep hoping for the big windfall like we got when Shield Ranks first debuted.  Maybe updating the random ones is going to be followed up by revamping the nonrandom?  

Pipe dream, I know.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not entirely sure what people were expecting really. Anything that takes away standard tokens should only be applauded. 

You are dealing with people who see a bunch of 4* covers and a few other goodies being worth the price of a console game. You are never going to get that much good stuff in daily resupply.  
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Wow, this has made such a difference to my daily play where has this wonderful bonus been for the last 4.5 yrs of playing MPQ. It was that noticeable I had to login on the forum to find out. Shake it D3 and don't take the p *** out of loyal players paying your wages! 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    coulda got rid of boosts. who uses those? turf the boosts and add in... roster slots? classic legends tokens? supports tokens even. but boosts are entirely useless.  to me.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    jredd said:
    coulda got rid of boosts. who uses those? turf the boosts and add in... roster slots? classic legends tokens? supports tokens even. but boosts are entirely useless.  to me.
    Boosts are really important to me
  • beyonderbub
    jredd said:
    Same. Just wish we could store more than 30 at a time.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    jredd said:
    I use boosts as well in PVP and on that rare occasion in PVE when the Wave node gets too tough or the 5* essential node is brutal.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    jredd said:
    I use boosts as well in PVP and on that rare occasion in PVE when the Wave node gets too tough or the 5* essential node is brutal.
    Boosts are also useful in the 4* Crash of the Titans. They really can make the difference and help you earn that 4* cover.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    jredd said:
    Boosts are also useful in the 4* Crash of the Titans. They really can make the difference and help you earn that 4* cover.
    I use them there too when I don't have the essential 4* champed. It does make a difference. Same thing with Supports that give you extra Health.