Was there an update to random resupplys?

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the comments on the board, the devs made a wrong move to update the rewards because there are more negatives than positives for these changes.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the comments on the board, the devs made a wrong move to update the rewards because there are more negatives than positives for these changes.
    Is this true?

On this thread I counted around 7 positive responses and only really 1 response that wasn't exactly negative but that called for "compensation", to which at least one poster commented on as being somewhat unreasonable.

On Brigby's thread his post has 24 likes. The responses there are maybe 50/50.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    What do you mean by "negatives"? Gotta be more specific than that. Are you referring specifically to negative responses from the forumites, particularly those who have commented in this thread (and the main one)? If yes, that stance has already been debunked by DAZ above. If there are any negative responses, I feel they are somewhat vindicated, because - as I've mentioned - it took them five whole years to do something about it.

Are you referring to in-game impact? I don't see anything negative about that.

Also, based solely on what you wrote: "the devs made a wrong move to update the rewards". Er, no. Updating rewards to make them slightly better is never a wrong move. You could argue that "the devs made a wrong move by officially announcing the update to rewards". That would be a different, and more substantial, argument. Again: specifics.

I, for one, am fine with the updates. I know I would much rather get an Elite token than a Standard one. At least an Elite token will definitely guarantee me champion rewards and a boost to my CL.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Relax guys. I said on this board, not just this thread alone. And I was referring to comments, and not responses. Liking a post, to me, is not a comment.

Updating the rewards was a positive move, but it serves to make some other players even more unhappy because it's insignificant to them.

Updating from a standard token to an elite token might not be a big thing to the vets. At least it's a small step to better rewards in the future.

Feedbacks are always good. But giving feedbacks mixed with sarcasm doesn't make things any better. 

Some players seems to dislike surprise, even if it turns out be a positive things. I can't believe the devs are being chided for not announcing the reward update before it was rolled out. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod Mode: ON***

As there is an official thread regarding the topic, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. As always please keep all comments and feedback on topic and constructive. Thank you.

***Mod Mode: OFF***
This discussion has been closed.