Was there an update to random resupplys?

Kahmon
Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
In the past 3 days I have gotten 2 things not listed in the random day possibilies.

One was 5 health packs, up from 3.
The other was an Elite token, which I have not previously seen as an option.

Anyone else notice something similar?

Was there an announcement I missed?

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some people have reported seeing Elites on reddit.

And I personally got 5 health packs today, but don't pay close attention, so I didn't realize it was  "new" reward.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/9it5h4/just_got_an_elite_token_as_my_daily_resupply_did/

Haven't seen an announcement yet.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been getting Elites as well.  Maybe some changes are afoot.  It would be a nice change if the standards were replaced with Elites.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the resupplies supposed to be Standard Tokens instead of Elite Tokens?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The random days have a 1/8 chance of 250 ISO, 500 ISO, 50 HP, 3x Health Packs, 3x All-Color AP Boosts, 3x All-Color Damage Boosts, and a 2/8 chance of a Standard Token.

Elites and 5x Health Packs are both out of the ordinary.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be so welcome, if it is in fact the way they're rolling from now on. Standard Tokens always feel like a waste of my Resupply.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I received an Elite token yesterday as well. I think they updated the random reward table.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Happy anniversary?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give out more red iso!
    Done.

Update Shield Resupply random rewards!
    Done?

Fix dilution for 4s and 5s!
    Coming soon maaaaybe?

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I’d enjoy a retroactive amount of elite tokens for all standards received past a specific day (1460). 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I got a health pack yesterday which I thought was odd but then I thought I wasn't remembering resupply well.  Now I know my first thought seemed more likely.  
    I haven't gotten any Elite tokens, yet.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is a good move if true. Any new player who is looking to give this game a reasonable go will be through the 1* tier in short order, Elites will benefit much more for them as well as older players.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I had received also the 5 health pack. I haven't noticed they weren't part of the normal rotation.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Give out more red iso!
    Done.

Update Shield Resupply random rewards!
    Done?

Fix dilution for 4s and 5s!
    Coming soon maaaaybe?

An announcement and explanation of the changes to the resupply needs to come before we check it off as done
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the x5 health pack the other day but didn't really pay it much attention. Elites being added would be nice.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I got an elite token yesterday, if this is the plan going forward I’ll be very happy, 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    They just made the official announcement.

The changes:
    After day 365 health packs go up from 3 to 5
    After day 730 tokens can be standard or elite.
    After day 1095 tokens are only elites.

The rest stayed the same.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Have also received an elite token either today or yesterday.  Did think it was odd, but welcome.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d enjoy a retroactive amount of elite tokens for all standards received past a specific day (1460). 
    ... and this attitude is probably why they've been so cautious about updating the resupply list.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    ... and this attitude is probably why they've been so cautious about updating the resupply list.

Which could have been avoided, or minimised, by them updating the daily rewards longgg before today.

(Not being snarky at you jamesh; I just find it puzzling that a player 5 years into the game largely gets the same daily rewards as someone who's been playing for 5 weeks or 5 months.)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be happy to see a more radical update to the resupply list.  I don't necessarily think they need to compensate existing players for the change though.

It'd be nice to get a huge lump sum of covers, but having the supply list updated without compensation isn't realistically going to put me at a disadvantage to newer players.
This discussion has been closed.