Balance of Power

Options
124»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

It was a little bit disappointing to still see a bunch of the same old R4G/Gamora/Medusa teams as you would figure this is a chance to experiment but I guess that works whatever level you are playing at.

Ditto in 5* land; I've been seeing a whole load of the usual Thor/Okoye/Jessica teams. Still, it gives me the opportunity to beat them with my 4* trios.
    That's funny, my fastest matches in BoP have been against Grockadusa.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone else played Bagman yet? :)
    I tried to get cute with some Bagman teams...it was horrible. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Has anyone else played Bagman yet? :)
    I tried to get cute with some Bagman teams...it was horrible. 
    What would that look like... Bagman, 4* Widow, and...no. Bagman, XFDP, and...Shuri?  No...

I see what you mean.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I tried Shuri/War Machine Bagman on the premise that I wanted war machine's countdown to extend. it did not go well.

I tried Shuri/War Machine/Miles on the premise i needed more web tiles out to extend countdowns for longer, but it similarly did not go well.

I'm operating under the perhaps flawed premise that Bagman's primary utility lies in his unique ability to extend the life of a friendly countdown since that is his only affordable power and there are a number of characters who have countdowns that one might like to extend.

Seems like G4mora, Gho5t Rider, Strang3, probably some others could benefit from a good long countdown extension

What's the synergy with Mr. F and Torch?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage, Medusa, and Mr. F or Lockjaw. I feel like Lockjaw is faster, but with Mr. F you're almost unkillable, which is a problem because BOP matches seem to take a lot longer than Season PvP matches, and the longer you're fighting the longer you're a target. Assuming points are important to you and not just the number of wins.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rogue/Vulture/Chavez, guys, I'm tellin' ya.

Once you get 6 black you're basically done. Rogue tanks half the colours meaning people can't focus your Vulture down first, and once he's airborne there's nothing stopping him.

Sure you miss out on purple AP usage, but it's a small price to pay. His black also accellerated Chavez's crit production.

I've had *so many* defensive wins. I got up to 900 this afternoon with 18 hours to go and I'm at about 850 now 7 hours later. That never happens. Usually my unshielded floating point is about 350-450. I dunno why I ever dunked on this PvP before.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options

Once you get 6 black you're basically done. Rogue tanks half the colours meaning people can't focus your Vulture down first, and once he's airborne there's nothing stopping him.

Sure you miss out on purple AP usage, but it's a small price to pay. His black also accellerated Chavez's crit production.

I've had *so many* defensive wins. I got up to 900 this afternoon with 18 hours to go and I'm at about 850 now 7 hours later. That never happens. Usually my unshielded floating point is about 350-450. I dunno why I ever dunked on this PvP before.
    Presumably because fully-covered Rogue/Vulture/Chavez wasn't in it before.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options

Thanks @Dragon_Nexus

I was riding Team Spiderverse till about 850, then got smacked down a lot.  Switched to your team, got my AV cover, then called it a day.  

Funny thing is most of my damage didn't come from crits, it came from Rogue going kablooey.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

It was a little bit disappointing to still see a bunch of the same old R4G/Gamora/Medusa teams as you would figure this is a chance to experiment but I guess that works whatever level you are playing at.

Ditto in 5* land; I've been seeing a whole load of the usual Thor/Okoye/Jessica teams. Still, it gives me the opportunity to beat them with my 4* trios.
    I broke my Shield to RHulk Bomb a few Grockadusa teams, went from 850 to just over 1,000, and immediately reshielded for the rest of the event. I'm currently deep inside T25 territory, and will be happy with that placement.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw several teams using Archangel in this event, which is the first time I've ever seen him being used.  Apparently, the Vulture teams were getting a bit out of hand.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really enjoyed BoP, it was a breath of fresh air being able to use whoever I wanted (and be able to win) and would quite happily see more of it, even as the simulator in a short season (which I know some people would hate intensely). 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I fought an easy enough looking team last night in my late run to 16 wins.

WRONG!!

I got through the first two opponents fine (don't even remeber who they were), but I got completely blind-sided by Mordo and his Power with a Purpose. He knocked out my nearly full-health 3* Grocket in one shot.
    I rarely see Mordo (and don't play as him much since I only have him at 3/0/3) so I didn't see that coming at all. I figure in and event like this he would do very well at the end where his opponent likely has a VERY high AP tally on one or more "stale" colors. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't mind having BoP being implemented in Simulator...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw several teams using Archangel in this event, which is the first time I've ever seen him being used.  Apparently, the Vulture teams were getting a bit out of hand.

I derped HAAAARRRRD on a Thor/Okoye/Archangel team
    "Where's my green!? They can't steal it and I've sent Vulture up TWICE!!"

And then...when he had 5k health left...it clicked. All too late.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I broke my Shield to RHulk Bomb a few Grockadusa teams, went from 850 to just over 1,000, and immediately reshielded for the rest of the event. I'm currently deep inside T25 territory, and will be happy with that placement.
    Crazy how different some brackets are. I joined CL7 Bracket on Monday night and ended up with a final score of 815 and finished 9th.  I can't imagine scores of 1000+ not even being T25!

On the other hand I tried the Rogue/Vulture/Chavez combo Dragon Nexus suggested but I found it too slow and always cost me at least 1 health pack (maybe I always picked the wrong teams but I was mostly hitting 3* teams so I dunno). GrockMordusa was *WAY* faster  (could kill 3Strange in 4 turns on match damage before stunning whomever remained) and I could do 4-5 fights without needing a single health pack. There's a reason that combo was everywhere...

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fought an easy enough looking team last night in my late run to 16 wins.

WRONG!!

I got through the first two opponents fine (don't even remeber who they were), but I got completely blind-sided by Mordo and his Power with a Purpose. He knocked out my nearly full-health 3* Grocket in one shot.
    I rarely see Mordo (and don't play as him much since I only have him at 3/0/3) so I didn't see that coming at all. I figure in and event like this he would do very well at the end where his opponent likely has a VERY high AP tally on one or more "stale" colors. 
    Mordo hits amazingly hard. I actually see him fairly often since he got re-worked a while back. If you build up AP in any one colour, his purple can vapourize just about anyone. His other powers are no joke, either.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I happen to like Mordo. He was my first champed 4*. I don’t use him much as I am in 5* land now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mordo is absolutely great boosted, his blue and purple powers completely wreck. For some reason I always seem to find he is boosted with another black user so whilst that power doesn't get used too much the charged tiles also come in handy.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Mordo is absolutely great boosted, his blue and purple powers completely wreck. For some reason I always seem to find he is boosted with another black user so whilst that power doesn't get used too much the charged tiles also come in handy.
    I default him to 3/5/5 for just that reason. There always seems to be someone who can make better use of black.