Balance of Power

Options

Comments

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm going to give Valkyrie, RHulk and Carol a whirl.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, the Cascade Limitation was only applied to PvE last time I heard, not PvP.
    Is this true? I thought it was for all modes. 
    I recall it being only PVE as well.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, the Cascade Limitation was only applied to PvE last time I heard, not PvP.
    Is this true? I thought it was for all modes. 
    It may have been expanded, but the original implementation was PvE only.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wanna use Chavez, but I'm not sure who else. It's been a while since I've had to consider 4* characters and I'm not well practised with the newer ones, so I'm not sure who's good. BP and Shuri worth using? I like their functionality, but I'm not sure if they're heavy hitters.

[Edit] OMG SO DUMB. Rogue. Obviously. Jeez.
    i like chavez with ghost and hood. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like Coulson / Shuri / Hawkeye (5* is better, but 3* works surprisingly well).

Once you fire Shuri's red...

Yeah that's my favorite team. My 5* Hawkeye only has six covers so I really only use them for ddq or for Shield Sim if I'm bored in the afternoon and want to play some pvp. 
  • Articyular
    Articyular Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’ve been running Ghost, Chavez, and Vulture; the match damage is insane with crits, often doing ~30k on matches
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    plano78 said:
    Nico, Carnage, and Kraven.

I like that one.  Dealing out 35k in damage each turn from my attack / strike tiles and taking 7 (not 7k, 7 as in seven) damage from theirs.
    And a defensive win or two...
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Tried that against Vulture, SMBB and Miles. Naturally the AI cascaded wildly, they all went invisible, airborne and started to throw cars at me. Retreated quickly. Sigh.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to grind out 40 wins, I just couldn't hang on to points in this one. That was my 13th Agent Venom though, so I really wanted to nab it.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MEHulk is quite spectacular in this event.

Unlike normal battles, you know these battles will be long enough that gathering 15 Pink AP for Gamma Bomb is no problem. Over half of my battles I'm collecting enough to fire it twice. Then just sit back and watch the criticals chow down the opponents health with multiplied max match damage.

I had one that landed in a double-crit 4-match (arranged CYYC)) and it just about melted my screen. ;-)

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing Balance of Power is like playing MPQ on easy mode. Breezed through the entire PvP to hit 75 wins and I'm using 1*, 2* and 3* characters. 

Could BoP be the answer to players who always say that they can't use 4* characters anymore after they jump to 5* land?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:

I like Coulson / Shuri / Hawkeye (5* is better, but 3* works surprisingly well).

Yeah that's my favorite team. My 5* Hawkeye only has six covers so I really only use them for ddq or for Shield Sim if I'm bored in the afternoon and want to play some pvp. 
    How do you set up each cover?  I do have a 2 purple 5* hawk so he will gen some read for me.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:

How do you set up each cover?  I do have a 2 purple 5* hawk so he will gen some read for me.
    @shardwick @Moon Roach Nevermind! I got it. Holy bananas. My Hawk is only 2 purple, but still. Wow, that's an incredible team.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm considering using my fully covered but not leveled 5*. I have 5/3/5 daredevil, 5/3/5 Peter Parker, 3/5/5 thanks and 4/4/5 panther. Does anyone think those are viable with the cover spread I have (only 3 black on Thanos and only 4 red on panther)? 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KC_Hammer said:
    I'm considering using my fully covered but not leveled 5*. I have 5/3/5 daredevil, 5/3/5 Peter Parker, 3/5/5 thanks and 4/4/5 panther. Does anyone think those are viable with the cover spread I have (only 3 black on Thanos and only 4 red on panther)? 
    Try not to use 5s.  They do not scale nearly as well as 4s for this event.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    pheregas said:
    KC_Hammer said:
    Ok. Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure but felt it might be the only time i can use 5*s until after i finish the 4*s and have ISO to champ the 5s. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Correct. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's all based on who I fight really, so hopefully people are somewhat original in their teams. I'd like to be able to use most of my roster, but that won't be possible if all I see is Gamora/R4G/Medusa, Carol, or Peggy. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    KC_Hammer said:

Definitely this.
    I have a handful of good 5*s, but I'm using my 4* roster. If I come across a fight with multiple 5*s in it, that's an easy target.

This is one of the rare times when most of your roster is useful. Make sure to make the most of it before having to go back to the 5*s again =)
  • LeRoy1979
    LeRoy1979 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd add one caveat to warning people away from 5*s. For the most part, it's totally true, but Okoye is the rare exception of a character worth putting into the fight (or avoiding when she's paired with Medusa/Bolt, or even 4Dpool.)