Balance of Power

Options

Comments

• MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’ve been mixing it up quite a bit but mainly been using c4rol, Valkyrie and Chavez. I’m also liking using Kraven against all the teams with r&g
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just champed the Hood and my new team of 3-Cage , 3-Fist and Hood can take down anyone. But I will say that I'm still annoyed that 5* match damage is 3 times more than everybody else. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am having fun with sandman culture and valkyrie. Make sure vulture is in the lead spot so bounties earn you black so vulture is always flying. Sandman just lays down green stuns for days keeping the bounties flowing with his aoe. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okoye / jugs/medusa has been my goto team
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grocket and Nico have been great so far.  Seven strike tiles doing 2286 damage each from Rocket, and they're each getting boosted by 566 per turn by Nico.  Take out America Chavez first, as she will destroy once she starts getting those critical tiles going.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This event should be renamed Balance of Okoye.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghost, her red is awesome.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event has been a blast. It's been fun being ale to use my 4* again, especially using them to smack 5* around.

Carol/Medusa/Riri
    Vulture/Valkyrie/Nico Minoru
    Panther/Shuri/Mr Fantastic (this team has been coping easily with opponent GladiaThor/Okoye/Jessica)
    Vulture/Thorrina/MEHulk (I used this trio to cream opposing Thor/Okoye/Black Bolt)

And I haven't even used America yet lol. I'm sure there are plenty more delightful combos. Shame my Iron Spider is at 5/3/3, so I won't be able to use him optimally with Miles & Gwen.
  • qandols
    Options
    If only the never ending enemy cascades would cease so one would have a chance to play your own team optimally. I hate it when one team member gets pushed up the wall and goes from full health to downed in one go.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had some fun using ProfX -- Luke C4ge -- Shuri

My PX maxcovered but not champed yet, Shuri I have at 5/2/4 I think, C4ge is champed.

PX passively creates tiles each time the other team members fire a power, C4ge creates a protect tile every time the enemy fires a power. C4ge yellow fortifies and deals extra damage based on number of fortified tiles, and is also pretty cheap. Shuri fortifies even more tiles. Also, when PX is invisible, his other passive can strengthen your tiles. Throw in some bonus cost reduction (and enemy cost increase) from Shuri's passive, and things can get crazy fast.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,670 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve had quite a lot of fun in this event so far - the Vulture, Riri, Mockingbird team I ran caused quite a bit of havoc as did the Meh Hulk, Chavez, Switch one. It was fun busting out 1* Spidey and 2* like Wolverine and Hawkeye, and I’ve also used Rogue, 3* Thor, IM40, 4* Thor, Cloak & Dagger, C4rol, BigPun, Iron Spider, 4* Gamora and quite a few more. Meh Hulk’s Gamma bomb is just insane, able to down 140k characters and even Mockingbird is kicking out 100k damage on her red! I still have a bunch of others I want to try including Valkyrie and Fist/C4ge.

It was a little bit disappointing to still see a bunch of the same old R4G/Gamora/Medusa teams as you would figure this is a chance to experiment but I guess that works whatever level you are playing at.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

It was a little bit disappointing to still see a bunch of the same old R4G/Gamora/Medusa teams as you would figure this is a chance to experiment but I guess that works whatever level you are playing at.

Ditto in 5* land; I've been seeing a whole load of the usual Thor/Okoye/Jessica teams. Still, it gives me the opportunity to beat them with my 4* trios.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Has anyone else played Bagman yet? :)
  • qandols
    Options
    Why do I get instakilled whenever trying out these suggestions? Blahh
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,670 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Well I don't know who you have but the Vulture/Riri/Mockingbird option is a pretty "safe" one. Obviously the key is to get Vulture airbourne but once you do you have multiple options from the AP generated. For example - maybe the enemy has a problematic member like Medusa who you could do with getting out of the way for a moment to concentrate on other things - punch her into space with Riri for a few turns without fear of matching whatever you like! You could use Riri blue to then get Mockingbird's red Bombshell countdown tiles out whilst Vulture Circles prey, by the time Medusa lands she will hopefully catch an explosion right to the face! Vulture lands and maybe this time you fancy a green AOE attack instead so lay that down and get him airbourne again ASAP. In the meantime Mockingbird is taking note of any match 4's for some free powers and stealing enemy AP with her purple. Next time maybe you want some Hybrid tech goodness (especially if the enemy has anything pesky tiles you don't like on the board) from Vulture's blue. Or maybe there are still three bad guys left and you use Riri to trim the odds? This team is just all round good times. :smile:
  • qandols
    Options
    It's just that I have been given horrible cascady boards lately. You just do not get a chance to do anything before it's over. I have nearly all 4* champed so that's not the problem. I will try Vulture/Riri/Mockingbird though, sound fun.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 959 Critical Contributor
    Options
    qandols said:
    That was my experience, too.
  • qandols
    Options
    Vulture/Riri/Mockingbird worked sort of. Mockingbird was as usual nailed to the wall and pummeled to death by cascades. But Riri and Vulture was lucky with black and blue and could take down Chavez, Capt. America and MEHulk.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm just trying stuff for fun. Jubilee/Thoress/3* Gambit was a pretty awesome team.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    boost.

Honestly boost.  Gamora blue is 6ap,  Vulture black is pretty similar.

at these levels,  the match will tip really fast,  so even a 1 turn headstart is pretty major advantage.