So I just noticed something about supports

crackninja
crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
I actually got a beginner support token from a vault, and upon opening it I got another duplicate.  No surprise there, but I don't have very many supports (shocker, I know), so I decided to look at the pack odds, where much to my surprise only older ones are listed.  I'm sure this has been explained plenty of times, and heck it may even be included every time the "look, there's a new yaro root support" posts are made, but is this really how these are being handled?  We have no choice but to buy h4h or buy out the massive release vaults, plus hope rng is nice, or we can't even get them over time?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is an excellent question that has been explained exactly 0 times. Since the Children of Thanos were added, there has been no change in the Support tokens that are normally available in vaults.  We don’t know when new Supports might be added or how many, or anything really.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's going to be a while. 

Supports don't require roster slots and have sellback value between 12 to 24 times of character covers. 

I'm sure they have already determined the minimum number of supports needed to exist before they put beginner support tokens in PvE progression rewards.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Or add them to DDQ as rISO and tokens for rewards. Where you need a specific support to win the token.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Supports are a poorly thought out, poorly distributed, and ultimately unneeded feature.  You're best bet is to take what you get, but otherwise just ignore them and hope they go away (or at least are never forced upon us more like enable in PvP).
    I agree with you 100%. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    broll said:
    Supports are a poorly thought out, poorly distributed, and ultimately unneeded feature.  You're best bet is to take what you get, but otherwise just ignore them and hope they go away (or at least are never forced upon us more like enable in PvP).
    I agree with you 100%. 
    How is someone agreeing with somebody else flagged up as 'abuse'? Do we have support-apologists?
    I'm quite OK with supports, but that doesn't mean I'd flag people who don't like them...

Anyway, I thought this post was going to be about the recent change where in the swap screen, the most appropriate support is now at the front instead of the highest level one. The whole support setup is still a cumbersome process, but at least that is a change in the right direction.
  • plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Maybe they misunderstand the flag function? (Fingers crosses that’s the case) 
  • crackninja
    It's going to be a while. 

Supports don't require roster slots and have sellback value between 12 to 24 times of character covers. 

I'm sure they have already determined the minimum number of supports needed to exist before they put beginner support tokens in PvE progression rewards.
    That would help make supports more available certainly, but it would potentially still be for the same older set of supports.  I was surprised that the new ones aren't rotated in, like new characters are in the following seasons.
    Maybe the idea is that once these are ready for more widespread availability that will start happening?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    How is someone agreeing with somebody else flagged up as 'abuse'? Do we have support-apologists?
    I’m convinced there is someone who flags any post that even mentions broll in support threads.

Back to @crackninja ‘s point, I do wish there would be an official announcement of when the newer supports would be more available.  My Ghost really wants to head to the Quantum Realm, but RNG didn’t cooperate during the special Tokens.
  • crackninja
    Alfje17 said:
    Anyway, I thought this post was going to be about the recent change where in the swap screen, the most appropriate support is now at the front instead of the highest level one. The whole support setup is still a cumbersome process, but at least that is a change in the right direction.
    I haven't gotten a new support for quite some time so never had reason to look at this screen, but this is helpful as there's no point looking at villains only supports for a hero. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having a negative opinion on something is not abuse. Violating the rules of the forum is abuse. Let's try and remember that the next time we flag someone.

So what was this topic about again? Oh yeah, availability. I'm not sure why the new supports aren't available past their launch vault. The continued rarity of these things mystifies me. I thought at first the developers were being cautiously tentative with these things but we're months into the existence of supports and our access to them remains restricted.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Wow. So agreeing with someones viewpoint or having your own opinion in a Discussion gets flagged. Some people need to stop abusing this function.

Anyways. I believe that the new Support releases should be added to the pool of supports in the store once the HFH offers and Vault expires. This will give us more of a chance of actually earning these supports. I do agree with the OP that most Support tokens give out Duplicates. The good thing is that the amount of Red Iso you get from duplicates is the fastest most efficient way to get large amounts of it.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I mean, I hold out hope for supports but I still agree with broll's post. What else can you do but ignore them until they become available?
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    Wow. So agreeing with someones viewpoint or having your own opinion in a Discussion gets flagged. Some people need to stop abusing this function.

Anyways. I believe that the new Support releases should be added to the pool of supports in the store once the HFH offers and Vault expires. This will give us more of a chance of actually earning these supports. I do agree with the OP that most Support tokens give out Duplicates. The good thing is that the amount of Red Iso you get from duplicates is the fastest most efficient way to get large amounts of it.
    Not to derail this topic further, but that could probably be solved quite easily if there was a "dislike" or "disagree" option at the bottom of a post.  As it is, there are only hive-mind options, forcing anyone who wants to disagree to either quote-and-post or to abuse the Flagging system.

It's almost like the forums own rules about having a positive, negative, and neutral options for polls would be useful here :)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not cool flagging posts just because you don't like what the person is saying, MarvelPuzzlers.
    Absolutely this! I dont agree with the people that criticise supports but they are still entitled to express their opinion. Its time people, that flag posts for the wrong reasons, start getting forum bans. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    That's one of the reasons I just never pulled any of the support tokens I've gotten. Like I haven't pulled any since the thanos tokens that were given
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I really like the idea in principle.  It adds another dimension of collecting to a game whose largest appeal, by and large, is to people who like to collect things.  That said there are two aspects of the way they have been handled here which make the whole enterprise forgettable at best and disingenuous at worst.  Firstly and foremostly they are vastly overvalued, too difficult to obtain and impossible to level.  There are plenty I'd love to have but there is simply no way to get them.  They are locked away in vaults that are either over-represented by 2s or vastly over priced.  If that wasn't bad enough even if you do cough up the 4800 HP you're still only getting two tokens equivalent in odds to a heroic that will, most of the time, just give you a useless rank 2 support.  And if THAT wasn't bad enough even if you do luck out and get a decent rank 3 or (God forbid) a rank 4 or 5 the task of leveling them can only be forecast over a period of years at this point. 

The second questionable aspect of these things is how they appear, in some cases, to simply be powers tacked on to characters that would formerly have just been built in to the character's original design, thus allowing the developers to "double dip" (IE., cash grab) on the release of characters.  This is a really tinykitty shift in the business model of this game and belies a lack of respect for the player base on the part of the developers. 

To reiterate-- I love the idea in principle and feel that it could be a great addition to this game, however the way that it has been handled in the game so far can only be described as a clusterrtinykitty.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    The newer supports are typically in the vault for the newest current support. I have gotten quantum realm, hulking, and one other I cannot remember after they had their own special tokens.

It would be very nice if they got moved to the standard support tokens the season after they were released though. 

On the flip side with the newer ones not being in the standard tokens you have a better chance at a duplicate support that actually gives you nice amounts of riso.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's two reasons I could see for why they haven't been added yet:
    1. laziness.  They just haven't gotten around to updating the old tokens yet.
    2. it makes the release tokens more enticing: rather than just having one new support, it has a large number of supports you can't get anywhere else.
    (2) seems more likely, since those tokens are only available for HP: I doubt anyone is actively spending to get the beginner or advanced support tokens available through PVE/PVP.
    It does seem weird that they're effectively only making these supports available for two days out of every fourteen though.