Why is my roster selection screen all stupid now?

13»

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    The idea of you being in the character selection screen, deciding to train, and the selection screen being on the same character after you finish and go back is a good idea. 

This (seemingly unintended) consequence we are seeing - which is probably the most common impact of this change on your play and roster interactions - is not helpful at all.
    And that's what I thought the patch was meant to do, but I just went into the Roster screen, levelled up Emma Frost, clicked back and was right at the top of the list again.

So...the thing I have wanted for ages wasn't patched into the game and the thing no-one wanted was.

I wonder if they just mis-understood what we wanted.
    For that, you could just bh those you want temporarily to see that selection... no need to change ui for that... 

Kinda hoped this was attempt to improve finding available essentials. Especially if different variations of a character are possible like in boss side nodes. Just drag them to first page of team like in LR or DP3*/4* (Valentine) pvp... (but test first please, if you wanna give that a try...)
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    This change is stupid and serves no purpose, whoever greenlit this is a moron. When i logged in i thought why the hell was i rolled back or something
    It's those mini heart attacks that i can go without.

Also i foresee this somewhat slowing down pve grinds. As a 5* player i need my 5*s more than whatever is in the middle of my roster at any given time.

Please fix asap
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to know this is a bug; it is highly unpleasant to deal with
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    In the grand scheme of the game this is a medium level annoyance.  But it's unique in that it makes me not want to play the game.   I expect it to last the entire event now which is gonna be a huge annoyance with 5 different essentials each refresh.  If this was really a priority this should have been fixed before sinister six started. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    In the grand scheme of the game this is a medium level annoyance.  But it's unique in that it makes me not want to play the game.   I expect it to last the entire event now which is gonna be a huge annoyance with 5 different essentials each refresh.  If this was really a priority this should have been fixed before sinister six started. 

GUI design is like dolphin extermination.
    The fewer clicks the better.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    It's like they think, "You know what, going through your roster is not quite tedious enough, wait, we already change cover art every three days, then we created about 15 covers with the same horrendous white background, so you have no idea who they are, lets make selecting characters to play really, really REALLY awful, by making our victims click the backspace button 15 times before playing a match".
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is even more annoying in this boss event. Whenever you go to the side nodes, it plonks you in the middle of your roster every single time. Like why? Why would you put this in the game? Its so utterly pointless. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's like they think, "You know what, going through your roster is not quite tedious enough..."
     Why would you put this in the game? Its so utterly pointless. 
    Brigby has acknowledged it's a bug and not the intended result. They'll get it fixed. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    @Brigby
    when is this getting fixed?  I haven’t seen a single positive response and personally I can say that if this continues any longer I will both stop spending money and reconsider using these amazon coins I have been buying each week in preparation for digital day. @IceIX can you assist with this please? 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    when is this getting fixed?  I haven’t seen a single positive response and personally I can say that if this continues any longer I will both stop spending money and reconsider using these amazon coins I have been buying each week in preparation for digital day. @IceIX can you assist with this please? 
    More than likely the next update.  It feels like this might be a 2 week bug unless they do a Hot Fix, if that is possible. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    'wolverine ready' - 'may we suggest the 2* version!'  ...  'no?, well have fun scrolling for 2 minutes to find the one you want!'  
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    +1 for “Please roll back this change”
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    It's like they think, "You know what, going through your roster is not quite tedious enough..."
    Brigby has acknowledged it's a bug and not the intended result. They'll get it fixed. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Whats taking them so long? Certainly doesn't take them this long to fix wrong draw rates on 5*s. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    jredd said:
    'wolverine ready' - 'may we suggest the 2* version!'  ...  'no?, well have fun scrolling for 2 minutes to find the one you want!'  
    This was the same for me except the game thought it would be good to suggest I use my 1*, level 1 black widow over every other iteration in the roster. And that's all the way on the right side of the roster.  Wasn't there  a scroll bar instead of clicks for roster mavigation?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's like they think, "You know what, going through your roster is not quite tedious enough, wait, we already change cover art every three days, then we created about 15 covers with the same horrendous white background, so you have no idea who they are, lets make selecting characters to play really, really REALLY awful, by making our victims click the backspace button 15 times before playing a match".
    God those covers are so ugly and bland. They should have just used variants with a 10 in the corner. If they change the artwork from a 10 to a 5 for Anniversary I'm going to cry.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    jredd said:
    This was the same for me except the game thought it would be good to suggest I use my 1*, level 1 black widow over every other iteration in the roster. And that's all the way on the right side of the roster.  Wasn't there  a scroll bar instead of clicks for roster mavigation?
    Why does it think that I really want to use Bagman in the Spider-Man essential node?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    jredd said:
    Why does it think that I really want to use Bagman in the Spider-Man essential node?
    Because Bag Man is way OP!!!   But really, this is something that comes up ever once and awhile. No idea why the system cannot select your highest for you. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Whats taking them so long? Certainly doesn't take them this long to fix wrong draw rates on 5*s. 
    Because that's a percentile number that can be changed easily with a data push.

This fix requires digging into the code and figuring out what is triggering this issue and how to circumvent it without compromising anything else.

Coding is like playing Jenga.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Because that's a percentile number that can be changed easily with a data push.

This fix requires digging into the code and figuring out what is triggering this issue and how to circumvent it without compromising anything else.

Coding is like playing Jenga.

A normal company would rollback to the last version, then code the new one while the game is stable again.
    And then, you know, maybe actually TEST the change before rolling it out.
    But the concept of testing is still alien to Demiurge, even after 5 years.