Why is my roster selection screen all stupid now?

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I'm disappointed they didn't take the community feedback and fix this pseudo-problem in the most logical fashion... make roster selection the same as Lightning Rounds: if there's an essential charater, group ALL of them on the first page.

Now it have to scrolla-scrolla-scrolla on every PvE node.

I'm guessing the testers don't have 190+ roster slots..

While we're here, can I also re-suggest the roster filtering be added to character (and TU) selection screens?  I don't need to see my ISO/HP/CP when selecting characters, that space would be better used to filtering options.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Idea could have been interesting, but just badly implemented. Play once in DDQ and you understand that's bad.
    If you always play with same range of characters, could have been fine.

Overall, aweful update.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man. This is terrible. Lol.  For this grind it was just so bad.  Having 260 characters it really is bad to have to click all the way through for them.  In fact, somebody I know messed up his grind because of this and now will miss top 5/10.  Such a shame for him.  
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    can we sue for repetitive strain injury? 
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    This might be tolerable if I could scroll through my roster.  That way I could just swipe once instead of clicking a million times to get to where I need to be.  That's really annoying 
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yes, this is pretty irritating...already spend more time doing account maintenance than actually playing the game, we didn't need more things to click over and over...
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Is this an attempt to distract us from how bad Supports are?  Kind of like the old "Oh, your thumb hurts because you accidentally hit it with a hammer? <kick in the nards> There, now you don't notice your thumb pain any more, do you?"
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    @Brigby please know in this instance no one is exaggerating. This change is truly confounding and a huge time waster. Implementing some sort of way to favorite a few characters like BH would be fantastic. Taking me to my two stars during pvp is just... not so fantastic. Please ask them to revert until this is looked at a little more fully. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    What would be useful on the character selection screen would be being able to sort my roster by Star rank.

What is NOT useful is my roster jumping all the way down to my 2-stars when I do the 2E node (for example) when the required 2-star has already been automatically selected.

It's annoying for me and I only have a small(ish) roster with 180 characters. I know there are other players that have much larger rosters for whom this would be an even greater inconvenience. And while I refer to it as an "inconvenience" that term should in NO WAY be used to infer that this is an inconsequential change.

It is extremely annoying!
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I hope this gets removed immediately, one of the stupideat things I can remember seeing. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope this gets removed immediately, one of the stupideat things I can remember seeing. 
    Not as quickly as the sparkly victory banner, apparently.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    You have to add another 10 minutes to the daily grind for pve with this annoying change
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve111 said:
    You have to add another 10 minutes to the daily grind for pve with this annoying change
    And another 5 for increased load times.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
     I applaud the rest of you for even trying to come up with a perspective for why/how this change could be helpful.   I personally hate this and it seems to be universally disliked.  If the starlord revision can be changed within hours this particular change should have been fixed yesterday.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't believe we gave up the steam UI supports and changes like this :( 
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    it is obvious (to me at least) from the update description that the terrible part of this change is unintended; as written, it would have been purely a positive change. it just introduced unintended behavior which is awful.

if the devs don't have the programmer hours to properly fix it to work as intended, i will gladly accept a revert to bounce to roster top after info/train to get rid of the current situation.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    The idea of you being in the character selection screen, deciding to train, and the selection screen being on the same character after you finish and go back is a good idea. 

This (seemingly unintended) consequence we are seeing - which is probably the most common impact of this change on your play and roster interactions - is not helpful at all.
    And that's what I thought the patch was meant to do, but I just went into the Roster screen, levelled up Emma Frost, clicked back and was right at the top of the list again.

So...the thing I have wanted for ages wasn't patched into the game and the thing no-one wanted was.

I wonder if they just mis-understood what we wanted.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I was trying to get used to it but it's not working.. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to the roster position changing after each match, that is in fact a bug. It is only supposed to maintain roster position after viewing a characters Info or Train page. The team is currently working on a fix for it, and I'll provide more info once we get an update.
    Thank you for the update.  Keep up the good work!