Why is my roster selection screen all stupid now?

Sm0keyJ0e
Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
Game keeps throwing me randomly in the middle of my roster when trying to put a team together. This is annoying. Please fix ASAP.

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you've ever tried code you know it does some funky things with even the tiniest goof. that being said, this does suck and needs to be fixed on the rush cause getting started in the middle of my 3* instead of at the top of the roster is a waste of time.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    In 5* PvP land, it pushed me into my 2* characters. 

Need it to not do that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whenever you have an essential node, it locks to the spot where the highest level version of that character is.  And stays there until you go to a non-essential node and select someone else and complete a match.

Agreed, not user friendly at all.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Whenever you have an essential node, it locks to the spot where the highest level version of that character is.  And stays there until you go to a non-essential node and select someone else and complete a match.

Agreed, not user friendly at all.
    When I asked for them to push the essentials to the front of your roster, this was not what I had in mind. Lol.  This is terrible.  Hopefully they will fix it soon. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    if you've ever tried code you know it does some funky things with even the tiniest goof. that being said, this does suck and needs to be fixed on the rush cause getting started in the middle of my 3* instead of at the top of the roster is a waste of time.
    Totally get that; just have zero idea what they were trying to accomplish with this change.  It was important enough to get a line item on the release notes, but just not sure what it was intended to do... 
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    This is a terrible change. Please roll back to the previous code as soon as humanly possible.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that this change, which appears to be an attempt to not slam you back to the front whenever you're doing something to a character down the line?:

What's Changed:
    • When you are in the Assemble Your Heroes screen, your position in the roster will be maintained when returning from the Train or Info screen
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Is that this change, which appears to be an attempt to not slam you back to the front whenever you're doing something to a character down the line?:

What's Changed:
    • When you are in the Assemble Your Heroes screen, your position in the roster will be maintained when returning from the Train or Info screen
    Yeah probably but that description isn't accurate or at best is confusing.  I tested it by setting a center character, then moving several pages off, it goes back to the center character when entering the next node.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Setting the roster screen to an essential character is beyond stupid because that's the one character we don't have to manually select.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    ... and the Essential character is usually of a much different level than any other character you want to select.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’ve come to add my voice to the chorus of disapproval. This ‘feature’ just doesn’t really work as it’s currently implemented for the reasons discussed above. It’s clunky, inefficient and irritating. 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    My level 15 black widow loved her first Under the Sea fight today. She was right next to Wolverine so I left her there by default. Little did I know that my level 144 was really upset about being left out of the fight.

Let’s get this fixed. It’s time consuming and could have very unintended consequences.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    You know, if the people designing and testing this change were only playing with small rosters of low-level characters, and were completely oblivious to the experience of players with 250+ characters rostered and 500 level differences between the top and bottom end of their roster, I can see how it might seem like a good idea.

I call this the Gambit effect.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    You know, if the people designing and testing this change were only playing with small rosters of low-level characters, and were completely oblivious to the experience of players with 250+ characters rostered and 500 level differences between the top and bottom end of their roster, I can see how it might seem like a good idea.

Careful.  I was given a warning for questioning the roster/level of those who “test” the game.

This is a nice idea that was executed poorly to say the least.

Please roll it back until you can come up with a solution that’s actually positive not negative.  Or make it a toggle feature like animations.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor

Careful.  I was given a warning for questioning the roster/level of those who “test” the game.

This is a nice idea that was executed poorly to say the least.

Please roll it back until you can come up with a solution that’s actually positive not negative.  Or make it a toggle feature like animations.
    I would love to see this as a toggle feature. Especially to find out what percentage of player would activate it and perhaps even more, why they would?

scrap asap please
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Wow. They added a feature that nobody asked for, while a lot of much older bugs remain unfixed, in spite of a fix for some bugs being Riridiculously easy.