New pvp problem team

13»

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time this subject was debated the thread was locked,  but it seems to me if 50% Thor is a issue the simplest fix isn't nerf Thor but to kill retreating
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    What people want is confusing to me.

There is as much thor/okoye and thor/jj as there was gambit/bb and gambit/thor.

People complained that the meta was stale because "thats all they saw"  (at least on the forums) in reality it was "too good on defense" and they'd lose to it.

Now I don't think they need a nerf at all, infact the game would be painfully slower. And some other meta would just come along that people would scream nerf for.

However bring any other character to fight jj/thor outside of jj/thor or okoye/thor is suicide for the most part. Daredevil can get away with it, but over all its the same situation as gambit the only difference is it's not as potent on defense.

Which tells me people just don't like to lose or have to put up a fight at all really 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor

However bring any other character to fight jj/thor outside of jj/thor or okoye/thor is suicide for the most part. 
    I quite literally could not disagree with you more. I can beat this team with boosted 4*'s. Any combo of 5*'s can beat JJ/Thor.

I am not sure what game you're playing...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    MgoBlue51 said:
    Personally, I just don’t like that Thor / okoye is basically an automatic win. Bring your Thor at 1/2 heath and you can’t lose.

Over 90% of my defensive losses are to this team
    Only 90% loss rate?   congrats dude.  Thats actually considered superb.  Ask any of the 5* players,  On defense, their A teams have a win rate less than 5%

Losing on defense is pretty much standard.  No one builds a defense team thinking it will win better than 1:20 matches
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    However bring any other character to fight jj/thor outside of jj/thor or okoye/thor is suicide for the most part.
    ???
    I clobber this team all the time with Okoye and two unboosted 4-stars.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I quite literally could not disagree with you more. I can beat this team with boosted 4*'s. Any combo of 5*'s can beat JJ/Thor.

I am not sure what game you're playing...
    Dormammu said:
    ???
    I clobber this team all the time with Okoye and two unboosted 4-stars.
    I guess I mean without getting blown up while climbing. 

I could beat gambit thor teams with a number of 4's as well. In the meantime I'd get nuked trying to climb even casually.

Over all my point is I think the thing that made people upset about gambit wasn't that he was good, but he was good on defense as well as offense. (He was also to strong after his "nerf")   And that the stale meta of  gambit vs gambit plus one  is now thor vs thor plus 1  or Okoye plus 1 vs everyone but people are fine with it over all.

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor

Over all my point is I think the thing that made people upset about gambit wasn't that he was good, but he was good on defense as well as offense. (He was also to strong after his "nerf")   And that the stale meta of  gambit vs gambit plus one  is now thor vs thor plus 1  or Okoye plus 1 vs everyone but people are fine with it over all.
    The primary issue with Gambit was that you had to fight Gambit with Gambit, and any other toon that did anything with special tiles was completely neutered.

Both of those issues are gone now. You don't have to fight any current 5* with the same 5*, and special tile users can rejoice once more.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    MgoBlue51 said:
    Personally, I just don’t like that Thor / okoye is basically an automatic win. Bring your Thor at 1/2 heath and you can’t lose.

Over 90% of my defensive losses are to this team
    Only 90% loss rate?   congrats dude.  Thats actually considered superb.  Ask any of the 5* players,  On defense, their A teams have a win rate less than 5%

Losing on defense is pretty much standard.  No one builds a defense team thinking it will win better than 1:20 matches
    No I meant 90% of my losses come from Thor and okoye. I lose about 97% of my defensive matches if not worse. They’re just almost always to the same pairing
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    MgoBlue51 said:
    I understand it’s beatable on defense, but it also means I can’t get any defensive wins or scare anyone away from squishing me. 
    If this is your main issue, no team of any reasonable level will scare anyone away if your points are high enough. Maybe higher level JJs but that's all.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Carnage Medusa Chavez start with +2 of each of the ap boosts, do Thor last. Easy.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Vins2 said:
    MgoBlue51 said:
    I understand it’s beatable on defense, but it also means I can’t get any defensive wins or scare anyone away from squishing me. 
    If this is your main issue, no team of any reasonable level will scare anyone away if your points are high enough. Maybe higher level JJs but that's all.
    Yea I always knew that on some level. But I sometimes assumed that maybe my team was seen as maybe “not worth it” because it would most likely require a health pack or two even after you beat me. So from a logical standpoint, I felt I may have been skipped not out of fear, just that it may have been less practical to actually hit me. I get hit for single digit losses a lot, which means the people are hitting me regardless of points. Which is the problem with a quick auto-win team. Hit anyone and everyone with zero fear.

again, I don’t want a nerf of anyone. ever again. I just wanted to complain a little. It’s not “unfair”, I had my chance to chase Thor and missed out. But it’s frustrating nonetheless to get tossed around like a rag doll
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    MgoBlue51 said:

again, I don’t want a nerf of anyone. ever again. I just wanted to complain a little. It’s not “unfair”, I had my chance to chase Thor and missed out. But it’s frustrating nonetheless to get tossed around like a rag doll

Bro,  your taking it the wrong way.  If wasn't thor okoye.  It would have been DD/JJ or another countless combination.

When A team combos (and really it could have been any 2 5*) have win rates over 95%.  Then we are all getting rag dolled no matter how big your roster.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    MgoBlue51 said:

I get hit for single digit losses a lot, which means the people are hitting me regardless of points. 
    Blame the new wins-based system. I don't care much for the points and typically don't even pay much attention to how much someone is worth, just as long as I get my 40 wins.

My champion Okoye with XFDP (plus Drax in The Simulator) have a 95-98% success rate against almost any team, and that includes duo & triple 5* Champion teams, and so I'll hit just about anyone regardless of who they're fielding or how many points they're worth.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Medusa okoye and 4grocket are my shield simulator climb team members for the early matches. I’ll switch to 5thor/JJ/okoye in the last stretch 1800-2000. I don’t think thor/JJ or Thor/okoye needs a nerf bc they are Uber slow compared to prenerf gambit if you don’t get a team up tile heavy board
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I preferred using Gambit to just collecting TU and yellow until 50Thor gathers enough green. I'm a little bored. 

Shield hops are easier, though, which means my scores have been higher. So, I guess I shouldn't complain.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    I preferred using Gambit to just collecting TU and yellow until 50Thor gathers enough green. I'm a little bored. 

Shield hops are easier, though, which means my scores have been higher. So, I guess I shouldn't complain.
    It is a little bit inane, I tend to agree. Even less 'Puzzle' to most fights than when I was Grocket/Gamora-ing through everything at 4* level. It's reached the point now where on the rare fights I'm not using HalfThor I find myself pausing slightly waiting for the board to blow up a bit and hand me AP, before remembering that this time I actually have to collect it myself.