August Q&A Session - Question Submission (8/13/18)

13»

Comments

• Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    1.  If each person at Oktagon could wave a magic wand, what one thing about the game would they most like to change?  What are some of the practical challenges to accomplishing that change when the vision of the ideal meets in-the-weeds reality?

2.  At one point in 2017, each event had a counter indicating the total number of players who were participating in that event.  This feature was added and later removed without any explanation for why either decision had occurred at the time.  Can anyone on the current team offer insight into the reasoning behind both the addition and the removal of the counter, the purpose it was intended for, and whether or not it might ever return again?

3.  What were the easiest, most difficult, funnest, and most interesting aspects of designing Dominaria and M19?  How do those compare to similar experiences with Ixalan block, and what lessons have those held that might translate to Guilds of Ravnica (if there's anything that can be shared at this point) and future sets beyond that?
  • Buizel
    Buizel Posts: 50 Match Maker
    1. Runes. Please please please please help us out on runes. I want to spend money and get more planeswalkers, but then it feels pointless and a waste of money because there's no way I'll ever get enough runes to level the ones I already have. And then we just got 6 more :(

2. I would love any information on the thoughts behind pricing and rarity. Why offer bundles for $25 when they don't even guarantee a single rare. I feel like I have better odds buying $1.00 scratcher tickets. 

3. Does the company have any plans to be more involved with the community? All of us here feel so left in the dark about nearly everything there is to the game. Any talks about balance, changes, plans, anything renews so much hope. 
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Is there any opportunity to make Mana Jewels available for purchase like Mana Crystals, e.g. 400J for USD$30, 800J for USD$50?
  • NDZahmbie
    NDZahmbie Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    1. Could you expand on how card costs are determined? In paper MtG, the concept of 1 drops, 2 drops, etc exists.  With variable mana bonuses across the various Planeswalkers, this concept seems harder to translate, yet still many cards seem over costed for their utility.  Explain?
    2. Is there any update on deck slot expansion and timing?
    3. Sealed draft event - or any other significant changes to event formats - coming anytime soon?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanks for all the questions everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.